Sponsored

Just realized my 2021 Mach 1 Doesn't have the 2 oil and pressure meters

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not with RHD, haven't seen any after market options "the other way round" !
Ive seen a chopped and wrapped dash (I think on the U.K. forum) :like:

We don't miss it, but it IS different set up. The US spec ratio is 3.75, the EU spec ratio is 3.55...
3.73 (3.55 export markets) Torsen rear differential with Tremec 6-speed manual transmission.
3.55 Torsen rear differential with 10-speed automatic transmission.
Seriously, some ‘euro’s’ got the Torsen … ?

WD :like:
Sponsored

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
I wonder if you're also missing the Torsen differential.
Australia spec M1’s don’t have it but they got some cash back because of false advertising by Ford

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
That’s what I thought, but unless I interpreted @Rhyanski post incorrectly, he suggested otherwise ?

WD :like:
Now, this is kind of misleading I guess. The one on top I've copy/pasted is from Mach 1's supplementary, which I've downloaded from the ford local site. On a second review however, I see that the file is the US version, and I have not found an UK/EU supplement for Mach 1 - it takes me always to the US Mach 1 supplement. Even worse - there's no local translated version of the Mach 1 supplementary, but only a translated version of the user guide for 2018...

The only place where "Limited-slip differential" is mentioned is the local translated advertisement slip, and it does not mention "Torsen" at all. So I guess that you're right and I am wrong...

I will try to get a local copy of the repair guides if it is possible from the dealership...

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Spec sheet for EU cars wasn't around last year but it was known since early on that export markets will still get only Ford's 3.55 clutch-based limited slip differential and no Torsen, see the first post here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-uk-eu-specs-released.151271/

Confirmation was for example UK pricelist that says: "Limited Slip Differential (LSD)" and no mention of Torsen.

And recently we got this official Ford Europe document with technical specification that also has no mention of Torsen and 3.55 for both manual and automatic.

We can guess if it's from homologation reasons or they just think no-one in Europe can tell the difference to Torsen, haha. I am fine with how it drives.

Attachments

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Spec sheet for EU cars wasn't around last year but it was known since early on that export markets will still get only Ford's 3.55 clutch-based limited slip differential and no Torsen, see the first post here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2021-ford-mustang-mach-1-uk-eu-specs-released.151271/

Confirmation was for example UK pricelist that says: "Limited Slip Differential (LSD)" and no mention of Torsen.

And recently we got this official Ford Europe document with technical specification that also has no mention of Torsen and 3.55 for both manual and automatic.

We can guess if it's from homologation reasons or they just think no-one in Europe can tell the difference to Torsen, haha. I am fine with how it drives.
Think it’s more than likely that it saves money, just like the centre gauges

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
we don have oil temp do we? I never found it and would be the best gauge IMO.
Its part of the 12" dashboard. Look under "gauges". I have a premium, not sure if it makes a difference.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)

Confirmed - not Tremec. Repair guides under non-disclosure, so I can't have them, but I got it confirmed.
So it is 3.55 LSD, Traction-LOC. Service period of the differential is 1y or 15000km according to Ford ETIS, meaning we in Europe have to have the diff oil changed together with each oil change...

The gauges - not available in Europe as well... same for performance package, handling package, adjustable camber plates, differential, tail lights, ... LOL, it is just different. Keep calm and floor it!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
We don't miss it, but it IS different set up. The US spec ratio is 3.75, the EU spec ratio is 3.55...
3.73 (3.55 export markets) Torsen rear differential with Tremec 6-speed manual transmission.
3.55 Torsen rear differential with 10-speed automatic transmission.
I am not sure you understand what you are talking about.
Ratios are just gear ratios and have little to do with actual differential - they're (for the most part) fully swappable between 3.31, 3.55, 3.73 and 4.09 (Ford Performance aftermarket option).

All S550 Mustangs come with Limited Slip Differential (meaning not an open diff), most (including all Euro / non-US cars regardless of the model) with Track-Loc paired with 3.15, 3.31 or 3.55 gear, US-market Performance Pack cars, Mach 1s, GT350s come with Torsen LSD paired with 3.73 gear (and 3.55 with auto transmission).

You can pair Torsen or Track-Loc with any ratio if that's something you want as long as it physically fits in the carrier, options above are easy swaps.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Its part of the 12" dashboard. Look under "gauges". I have a premium, not sure if it makes a difference.
I don t have my car around this week. Oil TEMP not OIL PRESSURE in center screen gauges as an option? That would be great.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don t have my car around this week. Oil TEMP not OIL PRESSURE in center screen gauges as an option? That would be great.
Nvm, its only oil pressure, just checked. Sorry.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure you understand what you are talking about.
Ratios are just gear ratios and have little to do with actual differential - they're (for the most part) fully swappable between 3.31, 3.55, 3.73 and 4.09 (Ford Performance aftermarket option).

All S550 Mustangs come with Limited Slip Differential (meaning not an open diff), most (including all Euro / non-US cars regardless of the model) with Track-Loc paired with 3.15, 3.31 or 3.55 gear, US-market Performance Pack cars, Mach 1s, GT350s come with Torsen LSD paired with 3.73 gear (and 3.55 with auto transmission).

You can pair Torsen or Track-Loc with any ratio if that's something you want as long as it physically fits in the carrier, options above are easy swaps.
Ok, not pretending for expertise in any way, but I think we're talking two distinct things here.
No 1. - The ratio mentioned in relation to the differential I assume is the final drive ratio, which doesn't change, and is incorporated in the differential itself. Different makes can have the same final drive ratio, whatever the make is.
No 2. - The make of the differential, which for US Spec Mach 1's, as you've advised, is Torsen with ratio 3.73 when paired with manual gearboxes, and Torsen with 3.55 ratio when paired to the 10-speed auto.
So, your comment confirms what we've discussed earlier, the EU spec vehicles have a differential not made by Torsen, but still with ratio 3.55.

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread though... no, in Europe with don't get a ton of goodies coming with the US Machs.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use "Torque Pro" from time to time. And with AA (wireless) using "Screen2Auto" I am able to mirror the app to the center console display.
Phone screenshot (Boost only for showcasing purpose):
Screenshot_20220530-142249.png

Esset

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2021 MACH 1
I use "Torque Pro" from time to time. And with AA (wireless) using "Screen2Auto" I am able to mirror the app to the center console display.
Phone screenshot (Boost only for showcasing purpose):
Screenshot_20220530-142249.png
can we have android auto wireless? I thought via cable only..
Sponsored