Sponsored

Just got my FF tune from Lund.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Is it possible to get the tune withOUT the nGuage as I don't want that?
Give us a shout and we can set you up with a Lund Racing Flex fuel tune for your X4. 561-753-8105. We look forward to assisting you.

Thanks!
Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Ordered and received my Lund FF tune last week but haven't gotten a chance to install my GT350 intake manifold yet (part of the tune). I had originally ordered 47# injectors but was told that I will be fine with the stock injectors by Lund Racing so I told them to just go with that. Anyone else running the stock injectors with the GT350 intake manifold and Lund FF tune?

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I think you are they may have misunderstood. You will be fine on their tune running the stock injectors on the FF tune with the stock mani, but once you go to the GT350 mani, you will most definitely need the 47's.

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Dumb question: If you're just CAI and axle-back, is there any reason NOT to get the FF tune from Lund if you're already considering getting a 93 tune from them? I mean, why not have the option of putting E85 in when you want some extra power if it's really just that easy. Or is there something I'm missing?

Also, if you choose to go with the nGuage, do you have to keep the thing hooked up all the time in the car or can you just load the tune, disconnect it, and throw it back in the box like an SCT?

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I think you are they may have misunderstood. You will be fine on their tune running the stock injectors on the FF tune with the stock mani, but once you go to the GT350 mani, you will most definitely need the 47's.

Double checked via email and they confirmed the stock injectors are adequate and they have tested multiple cars. He said initially they were not sure but now it's proven to be fine.

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Double checked via email and they confirmed the stock injectors are adequate and they have tested multiple cars. He said initially they were not sure but now it's proven to be fine.
I was told to purchase them. They would not send FlexFuel tune until they were in. So Idk what would have changed.

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
I got 47s for stock mani. Shaun says they are necessary.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I was told to purchase them. They would not send FlexFuel tune until they were in. So Idk what would have changed.

How long ago was your tune written? Greg made it sound like this was more recently determined.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I got my 350 mani FF tune a couple months ago and Jon II told me I had to have the 47's in to get the tune as well. Maybe through more testing they determined that it was safe with stock recently. I am ok to have the extra headroom. Cams may be next if they prove to perform. I'm sure I would need the 47's then.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I don't disagree. I have 47s here. I may just have them tuned while I have the manifold off.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
stock intake is ok with 47s, heavy mods need 47s

kevin_s550

2016 Mustang GT S550 6spd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the flex fuel tune will work fine with the stock injectors. i was also told that if you're gonna run e85 a lot, that every 5 fill ups or so you need to cycle in 93 octane. e85 can be really corrosive. other than that, everything will run and the injectors will make the adjustments. i had the a similar kind of flex fuel tune in my 2014 f150 5.0; e85 is awesome lol

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
the flex fuel tune will work fine with the stock injectors. i was also told that if you're gonna run e85 a lot, that every 5 fill ups or so you need to cycle in 93 octane. e85 can be really corrosive. other than that, everything will run and the injectors will make the adjustments. i had the a similar kind of flex fuel tune in my 2014 f150 5.0; e85 is awesome lol
Yes, but he was told it was okay with the GT350 manifold and stock injectors. I wonder what has changed myself. I will still upgrade to 47's just to be on the safest side of safe.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Dumb question: If you're just CAI and axle-back, is there any reason NOT to get the FF tune from Lund if you're already considering getting a 93 tune from them? I mean, why not have the option of putting E85 in when you want some extra power if it's really just that easy. Or is there something I'm missing?

Also, if you choose to go with the nGuage, do you have to keep the thing hooked up all the time in the car or can you just load the tune, disconnect it, and throw it back in the box like an SCT?
You're not missing anything. It's totally fine to run the flex fuel tune all of the time even when running just 93. It's just the convenience factor knowing you can pull into a station and fill up with E85 without having to make any other changes.

As far as the Ngauge goes it doesn't need to be hooked up all of the time. You can just flash the car with the calibration then unplug it if you wish and put it in the glove box.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Yep this discussion is about the stock injectors with the GT350 intake manifold, long tubes, etc. Greg at Lund replied this morning that they have run a CJ intake with the oval TB and full bolt-ons during the winter and didn't reach the end of the stock fuel system. I'm still going to throw the 47s in because I have them but I'm just telling you all what Lund is telling me as of yesterday.
Sponsored