Sponsored

Just got my FF tune from Lund.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
You're not missing anything. It's totally fine to run the flex fuel tune all of the time even when running just 93. It's just the convenience factor knowing you can pull into a station and fill up with E85 without having to make any other changes.

As far as the Ngauge goes it doesn't need to be hooked up all of the time. You can just flash the car with the calibration then unplug it if you wish and put it in the glove box.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks, Jared
Jared,

Can you comment on any Lund tunes you have provided that didn't require bigger injectors with the GT350 intake manifold?
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Jared,

Can you comment on any Lund tunes you have provided that didn't require bigger injectors with the GT350 intake manifold?
It's typically recommended by Lund Racing to run the 47's with the CJ or GT350 manifold when running the flex fuel tune however with that being said the stock injectors have worked fine for many cars that they've done testing with using those manifolds with the flex fuel tune.

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'd say if you are sea level, you will be on the verge of needing them, if not absolutely needing them. At high elevation, maybe not. Best thing to do is datalog and see what you see I guess.
-Jeff

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You're not missing anything. It's totally fine to run the flex fuel tune all of the time even when running just 93. It's just the convenience factor knowing you can pull into a station and fill up with E85 without having to make any other changes.
Cool. So is there any power/performance trade-off between a 93 tune and a FF tune in order to have that flexibility? Or will the FF tune on 93 perform just like the 93-only tune?

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
Cool. So is there any power/performance trade-off between a 93 tune and a FF tune in order to have that flexibility? Or will the FF tune on 93 perform just like the 93-only tune?
^^ I would love to know this also. I currently have the 93 octane tune and I am debating on upgrading to the FF.

Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
The flex fuel tune will perform just the same with 93 octane as a standard 93 octane tune. The only time you'll benefit from the flex fuel tune over a standard 93 tune is when you run E85 with it.

:cheers:

Tribefan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The flex fuel tune will perform just the same with 93 octane as a standard 93 octane tune. The only time you'll benefit from the flex fuel tune over a standard 93 tune is when you run E85 with it.

:cheers:
Awesome. Thanks for answering my questions. I hope to order in the next couple weeks.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Question for folks here running the FF tune.

How often are your running e85 vs. 93? I have heard it is best to run 93 at least one fill-up a month and not run e85 all the time.

Correct? Incorrect?

OP
OP
HISSMAN

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
I'm only on tank No. 2 right now.

NasaStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium CO A6
Question for folks here running the FF tune.

How often are your running e85 vs. 93? I have heard it is best to run 93 at least one fill-up a month and not run e85 all the time.

Correct? Incorrect?
Been running my FF tune with e85 exclusively since I got it months ago. Only 2 93 fill ups in that time, when I was on road trips and didn't have access to an e85 station (OC cruise week :headbonk:) Haven't had any issues.

Sponsored

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Interesting development. Requested a new tune from Lund for my 170 degree thermostat and went ahead and decided I'd go ahead and install the 47lb injectors when I had the intake manifold out just for safety so I requested that update as well. John replied that I would need to pay an additional $150 for them to add the 47s to the tune (which I received a week ago and haven't even used yet). I do see that injectors are listed as a major modification on the Tune Revision page now, but I'm still a little disappointed that for something that was previously required to run the combo of E85/Different Manifold, I would need to shell out more cash a week later.

Edited after reading the Tune Revision page more in depth

Last edited:

DetroitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been running my FF tune with e85 exclusively since I got it months ago. Only 2 93 fill ups in that time, when I was on road trips and didn't have access to an e85 station (OC cruise week :headbonk:) Haven't had any issues.
Question for anyone really... I've heard E85 burns faster.. wanted to know yours and others experience with it. I know our cars aren't for MPG.. but if its significantly less.. I may run 93 most of the time. I'm flashing my Flex map tomorrow.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Question for anyone really... I've heard E85 burns faster.. wanted to know yours and others experience with it. I know our cars aren't for MPG.. but if its significantly less.. I may run 93 most of the time. I'm flashing my Flex map tomorrow.

You need 30% more energy volume to run E85. Your mileage will drop by the same amount. Used to run it all the time in my STI.

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
E85 averages 30% less fuel mileage. I have easy access to both and will only buy E85 if its 30% cheaper or I'm heading to the drag strip.

If I didn't have a BJ's membership, I would probably get E85 exclusively. In my area their price on 93 is 20 cents cheaper than everywhere else.
Sponsored