July 2017 Mustang Sales

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
The S550 is doing well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it could be doing even better if the V6 was given the same chance as the I4.
That is possible, but I think fords marketing hit gold with the ecoboost thing. I have an ecoboost in my f150 and there is nothing eco about it lol. But it sells cars.
Sponsored

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Those sound like Camaro6's version of Mustang fleet sale numbers to me. Of course the Mustang sold better in 2005. There was only Mustangs in the Muscle car category. What was the Mustang competing with in 2005? Dodge Neons and 350Z's. Oncethe Camaro showed up. The S197 was always in second place. The s550 Doesn't suffer that shame.
It hasn't occurred to anyone on C6 that the Retail sales they suggest the Camaro is doing so well in is ONLY US SALES. I don't even think they include Canada and Mexico.

Even then, let's look at the end of the year, Fleet should settle around 18% of production/sales. The Mustang is expected to break 30% in 2017, that alone is nearly twice the Fleet amount. In 2018, overseas sales could continue to increase.

If the ATS/CTS and Camaro were doing well, they wouldn't be axing the Caddy twins...

The 2016 Camaro did not outsell the 2015 Camaro. Another painful fact, the 2016 looks like it will outsell the '17.

In retrospect, it would have been more profitable to continue the 5th Gen into 2019. An LT1 equipped 5th Gen would have been enough to replicate its current sales rate. GM spent TONS of money on the Lansing plant and they haven't even made 1/2 back yet. The Camaro will not survive until 2020... it may not survive 2018.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Here are the Sales for Europe (Delayed by one month)
Camaro is finally catching on a bit but is getting killed by the Mustang. I wonder if C6 will try to spin these as fleet sales (they absolutely are not I've yet to see a rental mustang in Germany)
Europe Sales.PNG

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
Derek, your FGX XR6 ute would be rarer than the Mustang. I'VE SEEN ONLY 1 FGX flat deck ute, and that's it. That makes the double figures of S550's seem off the scale in comparison. Will be a keeper for sure !!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
From Bloomberg... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/ford-s-mustang-has-an-iphone-problem

The thing I think everyone is missing is that the 15-17 Mustang has had a lot of problems- DL vibration, AC, poor panel fit to name the ones that come to mind. The writer of this article doesn't seem to get this either. This really matters in today's world- people who do any research at all will find a thread or 2 right on this forum that would make them think long and hard about buying a car that will cause them long term grief. Reputation really matters. None of my friends will even consider a Mustang after my experience. Hopefully, Ford has fixed these problems in the 18's but the damage to the car's reputation is already done.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From Bloomberg... https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/ford-s-mustang-has-an-iphone-problem

The thing I think everyone is missing is that the 15-17 Mustang has had a lot of problems- DL vibration, AC, poor panel fit to name the ones that come to mind. The writer of this article doesn't seem to get this either. This really matters in today's world- people who do any research at all will find a thread or 2 right on this forum that would make them think long and hard about buying a car that will cause them long term grief. Reputation really matters. None of my friends will even consider a Mustang after my experience. Hopefully, Ford has fixed these problems in the 18's but the damage to the car's reputation is already done.
I disagree with your position on quality relative to sales. I think the Mustang is good quality for the market segment it's in and with respect to its price. The Mustang is less expensive than Challenger and Camaro and IMO the quality is similar if not better than those two cars.

I like the balance of more resources going into a great drive train and fewer going into perfection of the other parts that don't contribute to performance. If I wanted a boring car with good panel fit I might buy a different model.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona

Look......

It's a Ford. The price of a Mustang is cheap compared to it's competitors. If the price is cheap, something must be missing.

In the case of the 15-17 Mustangs, there's the occasional panel-gap issue, AC issues, and sundry other issues.

This is because the cars are cheap. If you want perfection to go with the tech, toys, comfort and performance, you'd have to spend tens of thousands of dollars more, and get a Porsche or BMW.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost

Do your friends drive BMWs? just go on any forum and read about the reliability, down time and repair costs. You can't ask a BMW driver, they get all defensive and "Ultimate Driving Machine" around the common folk.

I've had 2, won't be making that mistake a third time.

tukn20s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Look......

It's a Ford. The price of a Mustang is cheap compared to it's competitors. If the price is cheap, something must be missing.

In the case of the 15-17 Mustangs, there's the occasional panel-gap issue, AC issues, and sundry other issues.

This is because the cars are cheap. If you want perfection to go with the tech, toys, comfort and performance, you'd have to spend tens of thousands of dollars more, and get a Porsche or BMW.
look at the person who originated this statement. a dodge person.
don't let him ruffle your feathers.

cobra1320

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Cobra
Do your friends drive BMWs? just go on any forum and read about the reliability, down time and repair costs. You can't ask a BMW driver, they get all defensive and "Ultimate Driving Machine" around the common folk.

I've had 2, won't be making that mistake a third time.
I agree, owned a 3 series and it had to be the most troublesome vehicle ever. I don't get the hype about them. Also very expensive to get repaired.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Not really... I'm pretty agnostic when it comes to car worship. I had a '15 Mustang. I've had 10 before that including my 66 GT- I really like Mustangs. Never had a Dodge car til this one (but several Ram trucks). Never even considered a Challenger when I was shopping for the Mustang.

But my Mustang DL vibration problem was never fixed- even after 2 tries by the Ford FSE. He flat told me that most of them have it to some degree but most people just don't notice it unless it's pretty bad. No modern, redesigned car should have a problem like that even if it is "just a Mustang". 190 page thread with almost 200,000 views, so, yeah it's a real problem that is basically unfixable if you have it. Then, there is the AC problem that will affect pretty much all of the 15-17's. If your car is out of the 36K warranty, get ready to spend at least 1000.00.

I'm not defending other brands- for all I know my Challenger will self destruct next year but right now, it's quality is head and shoulders above the Mustang I had. Maybe the 18's are fixed, but my point is that damage to a car's reputation lingers a long time and when you see Challenger sales rising while Mustang sales are crashing you have to ask why.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
How are Mustang sales crashing? Of course they are going to go down from high 2015 and 2016 numbers......

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
That's a very close-minded statement. As much as I love Mustangs, Dodge has really been making some cool toys lately (Hellcats, Scat Packs, Demons, etc.). And there is no denying that the sales numbers for the Challenger are trending up.

Granted, there are a few things that I don't like about my '16 Challenger Scat Pack, but there are a few things that I don't like about my '14 Mustang GT also. However, both have so many positives that easily outweigh their minimal quirks.

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
Wow.

Camaro keeps taking it on the chin. There "new and improved" next gen which just came out a year ago should be beating the snot out of the S550 in sales but we are seeing just the opposite...
Sponsored