Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I know an owner of a Chevy/GM/Subaru dealership. Met him doing some cruises with my Subaru. He has a 2016 2SS for 38k, MSRP 48k. Now that seems like a more realistic deal. If I found a price like that while I was looking I may have ended up in one, maybe.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
With sales dropping like a stone and dealer inventory piling up, someone asked how GM couldn't see this train wreck of sales coming. Their response?, "Well, we were sitting in a Camaro at the time."
Yep. Performance is a clear Camaro win, but everything else seems to be down to opinion. Including looks. Interior. Etc. I don't see much difference there, especially to warrant the price.

Chevy continues to stand by it.

I also agree. Chevy thinks that this swings with the big boys (premium cars). I guess it can warrant that, but I know plenty of people who can afford M3s, 911s that go that route over a Camaro. I don't necessarily blame them, either.

Chevy continues to stand by their pricing. I've emailed dealers wanting price quotes (more or less for intrigue) and there isn't much movement. I got more movement inquiring about a Mustang GT at a dealer, purchasing a vehicle for my fiancee (and not even haggling) than emailing Chevy.

*Shrugs*
While I do agree with your post, I think you mistook my post as something well considered and thoughtful which it wasn't. Humor, especially my dry sarcastic version of it, does not translate well into written text.

One of the major complaints about the Camaro in general is the compromised outward visibility which was not resolved by the current design. My post was a sort of backhanded swipe at those viability issues while at the same time making note of the dismal sales, increasing inventory and general lack of forsight that brought killed GM a few years ago.

As GM has decided that it will not be handing out any aviating fornications about overseas Military Sales (Over 25,000 a year) it is highly doubtful I will be able to sit in a 6th gen any time soon, while Mustangs and Challengers are Everywhere on bases in Europe so I will continue to enjoy the Irony of declining sales while they deny servicemebers the opportunity to BUY THEIR GODDAMMED PRODUCT AT THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICES.

Schadenfreude is a bitch.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As GM has decided that it will not be handing out any aviating fornications about overseas Military Sales (Over 25,000 a year) it is highly doubtful I will be able to sit in a 6th gen any time soon, while Mustangs and Challengers are Everywhere on bases in Europe so I will continue to enjoy the Irony of declining sales while they deny servicemebers the opportunity to BUY THEIR GODDAMMED PRODUCT AT THEIR RIDICULOUS PRICES.

Schadenfreude is a bitch.

Sounds like GM doesn't care if they sell junkmarao's or not:shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Sounds like GM doesn't care if they sell junkmarao's or not:shrug:
Hey, if they screw things up again, there are always more tax payers to bail them out like last time.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
HaHa or maybe their long term plan is to kill off the Camaro again. Wait five years for the demand to get pent up. Like they did in 2010. And release to great fanfare.:D

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Not to mention plan for a 60th Anniversary edition despite two long breaks in production.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
This comments from Camaro6g sound like Walmart tried to sell higher class clothes line. When it should just sell lower cost clothes.

"IMHO, GM is taking the Camaro up market and targeting the BMW M3's and the likes. Hence the heftier price tag. Performance wise, no doubt, the Camaro is the better car than the current Mustang or even the new M3. Bang for your performance buck, the Camaro rules!

Al Oppenheiser in an interview said something along the lines that the Camaro is something you buy because you WANT to drive it not because you have to."

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
This comments from Camaro6g sound like Walmart tried to sell higher class clothes line. When it should just sell lower cost clothes.

"IMHO, GM is taking the Camaro up market and targeting the BMW M3's and the likes. Hence the heftier price tag. Performance wise, no doubt, the Camaro is the better car than the current Mustang or even the new M3. Bang for your performance buck, the Camaro rules!

Al Oppenheiser in an interview said something along the lines that the Camaro is something you buy because you WANT to drive it not because you have to."
That guy must be smoken something really bad he's delusional:lol:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood

Al Dumbenloser is an idiot.
The mustang, Camaro, challenger, vett etc are all cars people want and not need. The sales prove "nobody" wants the Camaro.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Those comments. I am losing IQ points by the second.

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've looked at this before and to be honest, the Mustang w/options is really just as expensive in many cases. The higher volume cars, the 2.0T and V6 are priced about the same as the Mustang so... it isn't the price alone.

So, it's not the MSRP, it is the Design/Styling and Engineering that the MSRP is associated with. People do not see value in a camaro.

First issue, people do not see the value in a camaro any more. Many people no longer see a point in a camaro with the Corvette so close.
I definitely see what you're saying there, however, at face value, most consumers are going to think these vehicles are direct competitors.

Even if you can option up and expensive Mustang, base for base, they're not that far off in performance or quality. Lets face it, most people are buying base vehicles. A difference of $8K in some cases means that these cars no longer cross shop for better or for worse.

If we think about the average consumer for a second, even if they do not end up falling back to a Mustang, the price sure puts the Camaro in a tough spot.

I don't care how many people exclaim the Camaro performance, a BMW M3/M4 shopper is not cross shopping a Camaro. They are cross shopping other BMWs. The success of the S550 is that it brought a LOT of new blood into the Ford fold. I can't say the same about the Camaro.

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I definitely see what you're saying there, however, at face value, most consumers are going to think these vehicles are direct competitors.

Even if you can option up and expensive Mustang, base for base, they're not that far off in performance or quality. Lets face it, most people are buying base vehicles. A difference of $8K in some cases means that these cars no longer cross shop for better or for worse.

If we think about the average consumer for a second, even if they do not end up falling back to a Mustang, the price sure puts the Camaro in a tough spot.

I don't care how many people exclaim the Camaro performance, a BMW M3/M4 shopper is not cross shopping a Camaro. They are cross shopping other BMWs. The success of the S550 is that it brought a LOT of new blood into the Ford fold. I can't say the same about the Camaro.
I completely agree with this. I couldn't find a 1ss below 40k when i was shopping last october. got a GT premium PP for 36k. I still haven't come close to the price of a 2SS, or even most 1SS's even with the mods i've bought.

And if i had M4 money I would be in a Cayman S and not caring if the camaro, or mustang even, was a little faster.

Aussie Mate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt K1121 - (2019 Model) - Built 28 Aug 2018
here are the sales figures for Australia - YTD
Mustang sales.png
Sponsored