Sponsored

July 2016 Mustang Sales Numbers (Updated with Charts)

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I think the SS even comes with mag ride suspension now...not completely sure about that. If it does, then that alone is worth the extra cost or close to it.
MRC is a $1695 option on the SS. I used to test these dampers for Delphi/TRC. Delphi was in bankruptcy when I left in 2008 but I doubt they have changed much since then. The MRC division was sold to BWI, a Chinese conglomerate. Delphi developed a cool technology with MR but it's not leaps and bounds ahead of a quality aftermarket damper.

Yea the Shelby has it, Ferrari and Audi too. I've run the shakers and seen the benchmark dampers (think Bilstein) and the MR's aren't that much better.
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Chevy dealership brought out the Gen6 RS vert this morning to C&C. I'm sorry as much as I try to be respectful to follow American muscle car owners, they are good awful ugly inside and out. It's my 4th time looking through one and each time I seem to hate it even more.

Doing some looking around at chevy dealer web sites the least expensive v6 convertible I found was just over $ 45.000 and a ss convertible cheapest was $55.000. No wander they don't sell. My 15 Ecoboost premium convertible with 50 Year Appearance Package and nav was only
$ 39335 before x plan

Digiam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 camaro ss A8
I drive a 2014 Camaro 1le. Sales on the 16 Camaro are low for a lot of reasons but here are my reasons why I won't buy one.. I would love a 16 Camaro..BUT. My 14 is already hard to see out of. The 16 is far worse. You can only get a base model 16 for the price of a premium GT. The GT makes the same or more power mod for mod. cam swaps are now not the low dollar mods they used to be. Look for guys taking their car to a shop to spend 4k+ on cam swaps because the heads and oil pan have to come off now and dropping the oil pan requires half the world to be taken apart. I know the coyote oil pump and crank sprocket have to be changed for high horse power but after that it's good to go. The new LT1 has shitty designed pistons that break the ring lands when power numbers get north of 650. There have been at least 20 stingray vettes with broke pistons trying to push power. Most Chevy guys know this and know that this same problem will plague to 6th gen Camaro as well. Is the new Camaro fast. When its stock yes it is. Get into forced induction and you will spend a fortune trying to keep that lt1 from blowing up and making near the power the new coyote will. I may need an automatic soon because of my left knee and if I had to choose today, it would be an auto 16-17 premium GT.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
MRC is a $1695 option on the SS. I used to test these dampers for Delphi/TRC. Delphi was in bankruptcy when I left in 2008 but I doubt they have changed much since then. The MRC division was sold to BWI, a Chinese conglomerate. Delphi developed a cool technology with MR but it's not leaps and bounds ahead of a quality aftermarket damper.

Yea the Shelby has it, Ferrari and Audi too. I've run the shakers and seen the benchmark dampers (think Bilstein) and the MR's aren't that much better.
My understanding of the value of the MRC is all in the programming. The MR shocks can stiffen or loosen very quickly in order to control body motions. MRC can prevent body roll or allow extra weight transfer, depending on what the situation calls for. This is why MR shocks are worth it and it's the value that MR shocks add over a standard shock.

I think MRC and active exhaust are two areas where GM is ahead of Ford. I haven't driven an MRC-equipped GM product, but if they did a good job of programming then those cars could be very impressive performers. The active exhaust is also great. I considered buying a previous gen Camaro mostly just because the active exhaust sounded so good. However, I didn't like the power delivery of the engine, didn't like the interior, didn't like the shifter feel, didn't like the radio, didn't like GM's pricing structure for wheels... GM's wheels are so expensive that alone irritated me enough that it really soured me on the Camaro.

I got a Ford with both those features now and I really love them. I hope that Ford trickles that technology down to the "regular" Mustangs soon, though. I don't like to see Ford trailing GM in certain features, even when as a whole the car is significantly better.

kiwiford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon 302, Mazda MPV V6
Not to harp on about it, but the other day I was at a car dealer here in NZ, that sells all 3 US muscle cars. To one side was an awesome Shelby GT350; to the other were 2 Camaros. The closest one (both a grey colour), I picked early on to be a Z28, due to the hollow Chevy badge. The rub ?... It was more than a glance before I realised that the other one was actually a 2016 model !! The dealership had about 4/5 12 to 15 model Camaros, AND I DIDN'T PICK GM's new wonder car straight away !! A 15 onwards s550; no worries spotting those. P.S. The Shelbys' are only in LHD, as they aren't available direct from FORD here.

Sponsored

Rinzler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, so here is the problem I see. The single greatest problem for the 6G Camaro is price. As far as the market is concerned, the S550 and the Camaro are direct competitors. No amount of boasting from Chevrolet is going to change that.

The cheapest 2017 V8 Camaro within 50 miles of my zip 77006 (Houston, TX) is $39,545.
http://bit.ly/2avZszT

The cheapest 2017 V8 Mustang within 50 miles of my zip 77006 (Houston, TX) is $31,388.
http://bit.ly/2b4M2f7

This is the disparity. Plain and simple. It's up to the person to choose whether or not the $8,000 difference in price is worth the .4 second difference in 0-60 and .3 second difference in, at least, the MT figure 8 test.

The price deference in between the 2.0T vs 3.7L, and the 3.7L vs 2.3T trims are similar in range.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Dealer Stock Update:

Mustang: 17,400

camaro: 25,700

Mustang is now under a 60 Day supply again. The camaro is about to pass 26,000 or 150 days.

If they had 55,000 shipped in the first 6 months, guess what? They intended for sales to be 90% of what was shipped. Not 50%... They had a sales target and it was between 105,000-125,000 because THAT is the output of 3 shifts at that facility. They could probably support more.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Alright, so here is the problem I see. The single greatest problem for the 6G Camaro is price. As far as the market is concerned, the S550 and the Camaro are direct competitors. No amount of boasting from Chevrolet is going to change that.

The cheapest 2017 V8 Camaro within 50 miles of my zip 77006 (Houston, TX) is $39,545.

The cheapest 2017 V8 Mustang within 50 miles of my zip 77006 (Houston, TX) is $31,388.

This is the disparity. Plain and simple. It's up to the person to choose whether or not the $8,000 difference in price is worth the .4 second difference in 0-60 and .3 second difference in, at least, the MT figure 8 test.

The price deference in between the 2.0T vs 3.7L, and the 3.7L vs 2.3T trims are similar in range.
I've looked at this before and to be honest, the Mustang w/options is really just as expensive in many cases. The higher volume cars, the 2.0T and V6 are priced about the same as the Mustang so... it isn't the price alone.

So, it's not the MSRP, it is the Design/Styling and Engineering that the MSRP is associated with. People do not see value in a camaro.

First issue, people do not see the value in a camaro any more. Many people no longer see a point in a camaro with the Corvette so close.

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
With sales dropping like a stone and dealer inventory piling up, someone asked how GM couldn't see this train wreck of sales coming. Their response?, "Well, we were sitting in a Camaro at the time."

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'

Yep. Performance is a clear Camaro win, but everything else seems to be down to opinion. Including looks. Interior. Etc. I don't see much difference there, especially to warrant the price.

Chevy continues to stand by it.

I also agree. Chevy thinks that this swings with the big boys (premium cars). I guess it can warrant that, but I know plenty of people who can afford M3s, 911s that go that route over a Camaro. I don't necessarily blame them, either.

With sales dropping like a stone and dealer inventory piling up, someone asked how GM couldn't see this train wreck of sales coming. Their response?, "Well, we were sitting in a Camaro at the time."
Chevy continues to stand by their pricing. I've emailed dealers wanting price quotes (more or less for intrigue) and there isn't much movement. I got more movement inquiring about a Mustang GT at a dealer, purchasing a vehicle for my fiancee (and not even haggling) than emailing Chevy.

*Shrugs*

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
GM had decided that you are going to pay what they want you to pay for their cars and if you don't their not going to cut the price.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
GM had decided that you are going to pay what they want you to pay for their cars and if you don't their not going to cut the price.
Ah.... now we know the REAL reason people call GM Govt. Motors.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I wish these fking idiot Camaro fans would go back to their forum.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
I drive a 2014 Camaro 1le. Sales on the 16 Camaro are low for a lot of reasons but here are my reasons why I won't buy one.. I would love a 16 Camaro..BUT. My 14 is already hard to see out of. The 16 is far worse. You can only get a base model 16 for the price of a premium GT. The GT makes the same or more power mod for mod. cam swaps are now not the low dollar mods they used to be. Look for guys taking their car to a shop to spend 4k+ on cam swaps because the heads and oil pan have to come off now and dropping the oil pan requires half the world to be taken apart. I know the coyote oil pump and crank sprocket have to be changed for high horse power but after that it's good to go. The new LT1 has shitty designed pistons that break the ring lands when power numbers get north of 650. There have been at least 20 stingray vettes with broke pistons trying to push power. Most Chevy guys know this and know that this same problem will plague to 6th gen Camaro as well. Is the new Camaro fast. When its stock yes it is. Get into forced induction and you will spend a fortune trying to keep that lt1 from blowing up and making near the power the new coyote will. I may need an automatic soon because of my left knee and if I had to choose today, it would be an auto 16-17 premium GT.
Yeap one of the GM camaro shop changed out LT1 for LT4 didn't even bother to mod the LT1.That tell you how aftermarket companies think about LT1.
Coyote are mods friendly with NA, and FI, and sure cost less than any performance cars out there.
Sponsored