Sponsored

JPC Line Lock and Two-Step

azc0bra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT500
Is anyone on here running the JPC line lock (2015 6r80 GT) and MSD two step? I am having an issue where when the line lock is switched during a burnout, the two step is activated as well. Both are tapping into the brake switch and I believe when the line lock switch is in it is still giving power to the brake lights (my guess, I'm no electrician).

Does anyone have a wiring diagram on how to resolve this or maybe how you have ran yours? This is for an auto car, and the line lock is not used to stage only for holding the front brakes during a burnout.

Thanks
Sponsored

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
When the line lock switch is triggered it definitely activates the brake lights. I was running the JPC line lock and with the car off, flipping the switch activated my brake lights and fuel pumps. I know its not the exact question you asked, hope this helps.

OP
OP
azc0bra

azc0bra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT500
Thanks! Yea, I have to add another switch in between the two-step to make it work. The JPC lock taps into the brake switch on an auto car, and causes the two step to activate as well. I am just adding a second toggle to turn off and on the two step to fix my issue. Thanks for the reply!

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
Did your JPC line lock kit come with a diode in the wire running to the brake switch?

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Did your JPC line lock kit come with a diode in the wire running to the brake switch?
Yes, You need to use a diode to keep the 12v from the brake lights activating the line lock solenoid every time you brake.

I have a line lock on my 3v and don't bother with lighting the brake lights ...

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
We just installed the JPC kit on my wife's 2018 and just passed on tying into the brake lights. We got a LED surround button so that we know when it's activated or not

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I called JPC to ask what the connection to the brake switch was for and the young guy who picked up the phone didn't have a clue. I had a JPC kit on a 13 GT and it did not have that connection. I'm looking to mod a kit to fit a 20 GT500 and am trying to sort out what it that line does and is it necessary. A friend that runs a dyno shop thinks that PCMs will only allow limited torque when the brakes are on and this line fools it into thinking the brakes are not on, because it also signals the Body Control Module???? This connection seems to be an addition for the S550 stangs
Anybody know the answer to this or a source that knows?
The line locks get their power through the fuse and will work fine without the brake switch wire, and who cares if the brake lights are on during a burnout? On second thought that's what it could be for. (safety nannies at work)

Last edited:

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
I called JPC to ask what the connection to the brake switch was for and the young guy who picked up the phone didn't have a clue. I had a JPC kit on a 13 GT and it did not have that connection. I'm looking to mod a kit to fit a 20 GT500 and am trying to sort out what it that line does and is it necessary. A friend that runs a dyno shop thinks that PCMs will only allow limited torque when the brakes are on and this line fools it into thinking the brakes are not on, because it also signals the Body Control Module???? This connection seems to be an addition for the S550 stangs
Anybody know the answer to this or a source that knows?
The line locks get their power through the fuse and will work fine without the brake switch wire, and who cares if the brake lights are on during a burnout? On second thought that's what it could be for. (safety nannies at work)
no issues here without that wire connected 🤷🏽‍♂️

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Yeah, I couldn't think of a reason to run that wire either. The factory line lock doesn't activate the brake lights. Mine worked fine without hooking it up.
Sponsored