FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Doing serious damage too alaska too from what I read.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
You can't shut down pipelines and leases and not expect an increase in gas prices.

The supply has been artificially reduced.
So your contention is that shutting down the construction of natural gas pipelines that don't exist affects current demand for gasoline?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
So your contention is that shutting down the construction of natural gas pipelines that don't exist affects current demand for gasoline?
Yes, because oil is a commodity and is traded in futures.

The keystone pipeline was to carry crude oil from Canada to the refineries in La.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The availability of said "defeat devices" has increased dramatically over the past decade as well. When stuff was made in the USA it was a lot easier to crack down on people making "illegal" things. With the influx of overseas products they became easily obtainable and almost impossible to regulate. So now just about anyone can log onto the internet and get said items. Tuners noticed and turned a blind eye to it, aftermarket companies the same. The "off road use only" stamp worked for awhile but that is no Bueno anymore.

Like others stated, there are a multitude of reasons why this is now a "situation" and blame can be shared my many many parties, from manufactures, tuners, resellers and consumers. Youtube, street racing TV shows, news reports of car meets and angry Karens all brought this to the limelight. The end goal is not just environmental cleansing but keeping roads "safe". In the feds eyes if you stop people from modifying cars, it will stop illegal car activities. You and I may laugh at this reasoning, but to non care enthusiasts they actually believe this course of action will result in the end goal they want.

1958cyclist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
1985 Mustang GT, 2016 Focus ST, 2017 Mustang GT
It's becoming clear that for a variety of reasons, tuning engines will continue to be more difficult. Personally, I left the motor until last on my list to upgrade. The S550 platform responds so very well to suspension mods, and these don't cross any lines, at least not directly, with EPA, insurance, warranty or other issues. Being a budding road course guy, I've never found horsepower to be in short supply in stock form on my local road course.

If you're a straight line kind of person, I can understand your frustrations, as the curtain appears to be closing on ICE tuning. On the other hand, we've known for awhile now that EV acceleration can be quite impressive. Granted, many of the visceral accompaniments are absent, but the G forces certainly are not. It seems that a reckoning is upon us and choices will have to be made.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It seems that a reckoning is upon us and choices will have to be made.
Or we can vote the people out of office who want to take away our choices.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What happens to cars with nothing left stock? I’m talking full blown, full engines, not a single piece of stock emissions exhaust or anything.

And a state goes full balls regulation?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I thought I read or heard somewhere that the 2021 mustang ecu was going to be locked. Sounds like the beginning of the end of aftermarket power mods as we currently know it.
If the ECU is locked then how does Roush tune for their superchargers?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I’m just salty because I now have to pay more in taxes, I get zero benefits, dollars going to drop. And people get to be lazier on my paycheck. I’m just a sour apple
Sounds like how its been for the last 80yrs. so.. same old same old?

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
If the ECU is locked then how does Roush tune for their superchargers?
Ford will likely have partner programs that will let them have encryption keys. Groups like Roush, Shelby America, Steeda,(does Saleen matter anymore?) ect. the big brands will have paid access to either do tuning or work with a Ford Engineer on the tuning. It's also possible that instead of buying a tune you are getting a whole new ECU with the new tune on it with your package if doing the install yourself.

I believe VW tuners used to do this before they could easily flash VW ECU's.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Ford will likely have partner programs that will let them have encryption keys. Groups like Roush, Shelby America, Steeda,(does Saleen matter anymore?) ect. the big brands will have paid access to either do tuning or work with a Ford Engineer on the tuning. It's also possible that instead of buying a tune you are getting a whole new ECU with the new tune on it with your package if doing the install yourself.

I believe VW tuners used to do this before they could easily flash VW ECU's.
That doesn't explain how they're tuning cars right now if the ECU is locked.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
What happens to cars with nothing left stock? I’m talking full blown, full engines, not a single piece of stock emissions exhaust or anything.

And a state goes full balls regulation?
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard for there to be a new level of Inspection, like paying an extra fee or registering it as another class, like antique or classic cars. If the cars built for racing it shouldn't get a lot of road miles anyway. So, there is that loophole. A 5k mile limit on the car a year wouldn't be an issue for probably 80% of racers with a purpose-built car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
That doesn't explain how they're tuning cars right now if the ECU is locked.
Likely the 2021 isn't locked I wouldn't expect them to change that till the new Mustang model is out. Which if thats going to be a 2022 car then "technically" it does come in 2021 as early 2022 cars would be sold in end of 2021.