Sponsored

JLT Intake testing

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ken @ Palm Beach Dyno did some JLT Intake testing that I think you guys would like to see. I feel the majority of you owners out there will find this much more relevent than what I or a select few are doing as far as modifications ( although im sure i provide plenty of entertainement ;) )

To catch you guys up because you have heard me and so many others speak on PBD already, and it may be confusing about which car is dong what, ect ( Although sort of easy since all cars are diffferent colors)

PBD asked if there was a GT500 owner that wanted to be a PBD development car, Lee Dennis aka IG @Tang_Stang stepped up. He wanted to go all out, asap. That car is ORANGE- Not to be confused with other orange cars from other places

So that left Ken and his blue car, to do the other route, maximize gains with minimal effort, and what the majority of owners may want to do.

My car is Iconic Silver (** Im not a development car- im a full paying customer that researched ALL available options and it was a no brainer, who happened to be near Florida with the car, when other things were happening early on)

Anyway, Ill let Ken do the talking, as he breaks it down for anyone to understand. The JLT Intake is worth it. (I also have a prototype waiting to be installed as well)

I dont know if he recaps, but Kens car- Lethal Perf race pipes+ Resonator delete, and PBD Tuning, and now adding the JLT Intake

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good stuff!

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
Ken @ Palm Beach Dyno did some JLT Intake testing that I think you guys would like to see. I feel the majority of you owners out there will find this much more relevent than what I or a select few are doing as far as modifications ( although im sure i provide plenty of entertainement ;) )

To catch you guys up because you have heard me and so many others speak on PBD already, and it may be confusing about which car is dong what, ect ( Although sort of easy since all cars are diffferent colors)

PBD asked if there was a GT500 owner that wanted to be a PBD development car, Lee Dennis aka IG @Tang_Stang stepped up. He wanted to go all out, asap. That car is ORANGE- Not to be confused with other orange cars from other places

So that left Ken and his blue car, to do the other route, maximize gains with minimal effort, and what the majority of owners may want to do.

My car is Iconic Silver (** Im not a development car- im a full paying customer that researched ALL available options and it was a no brainer, who happened to be near Florida with the car, when other things were happening early on)

Anyway, Ill let Ken do the talking, as he breaks it down for anyone to understand. The JLT Intake is worth it. (I also have a prototype waiting to be installed as well)

I dont know if he recaps, but Kens car- Lethal Perf race pipes+ Resonator delete, and PBD Tuning, and now adding the JLT Intake

"OK"; BUT!!! It isn't apples to apples!!! OPEN HOOD/SYSTEMt to CLOSED HOOD/SYSTEM!!!!

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet

Did I hear him correctly, no tune after swapping the air intakes?

Sponsored

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Did I hear him correctly, no tune after swapping the air intakes?[/QUOTE

He did say that, but ill get clarification if that was just the 1st pull, or no tuning changes required

VooDoo387R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R & 2020 GT500
I'm buying one, it's not going to be a negative impact. Did you see the size of it when Justin from VMP put it next to his baby, it was huge...lol I need it to maximize the ported blower and larger throttle body. Question is, when are they going to release it?

OP
OP
V00D00

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I'm buying one, it's not going to be a negative impact. Did you see the size of it when Justin from VMP put it next to his baby, it was huge...lol I need it to maximize the ported blower and larger throttle body. Question is, when are they going to release it?
I think he was waiting on fitment and results, so i wouldn't be suprised if he has ok'd it, but likely a few weeks still

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
lol I am not watching a 13min video for this

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Ken does a great job on his videos. No BS and always methodical. I generally don't follow the whole YouTube gang but his stuff I'll gladly watch.

Sponsored

Dunk812

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Rapid Red
Ken does a great job on his videos. No BS and always methodical. I generally don't follow the whole YouTube gang but his stuff I'll gladly watch.
I’m ordering it as soon as available

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I want one too lol. I am gonna stay strong and NOT tune my car though. Warranty, warranty, warranty woes :facepalm:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: I've been thinking seriously about buying a tuner and tune but in my extremely limited "tuning" experience, I thought that as long as you restore the factory tune before taking the car for service, was more than enough.

Am I now learning that a record of that tune load also shows up and it doesn't matter what you do...they know, regardless? If that's the case, no tuner for KB.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: I've been thinking seriously about buying a tuner and tune but in my extremely limited "tuning" experience, I thought that as long as you restore the factory tune before taking the car for service, was more than enough.

Am I now learning that a record of that tune load also shows up and it doesn't matter what you do...they know, regardless? If that's the case, no tuner for KB.
Thats exactly it, they will be able to see that car was tuned, even if returned to stock.
Sponsored