JLT CAI any good?

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Any of you happy with the JLT intakes? I hear you have to have a tune .
Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
You need a tune. Most handheld tuners have a canned tune option that tunes for it. Or you can contact a custom tuner to get your car custom tuned. I haven't seen any complaints other than the normal ones about IATs and heat soak...which for some reason tend to get talked about a little too often if you ask me. I think you'll like it especially at the price they go for compared to other intake kits.

OP
OP
CCCP1999

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You need a tune. Most handheld tuners have a canned tune option that tunes for it. Or you can contact a custom tuner to get your car custom tuned. I haven't seen any complaints other than the normal ones about IATs and heat soak...which for some reason tend to get talked about a little too often if you ask me. I think you'll like it especially at the price they go for compared to other intake kits.
I plan on a Lund tune at the same time.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
yes, you need a tune, great kit, we keep in stock, and have some nice combos with the lund tune

S550_Matt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium PP GT
Hey chas,

I have the JLT power packge from Terry with the lund tune. Really changes the car's attitude. [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] will be the man to go to. :headbang:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I'm quite happy with my JLT intake so far. The low end torque is smooth and at high RPMs, it gets really crazy. I feel like my engine is running smoother than it did when I had the Steeda and the throttle response feels bit better. The throttle response is pretty much on point!

A tune and this JLT air intake changed my Mustang. It feels ready to drop and go. The biggest thing is the engine response is smooth... In everyday traffic - moving 40mph - I'm seeing IATs about 10 degrees F over ambient. On the highway about 4 or 5, 2 degrees was my best. IATs tend to rise quickly at stoplights, but not as quickly as it did with my Steeda. Once I start moving it drops again fairly rapidly. If I sit too long, I will get some heat soak and it takes a few minutes for it to go back to normal. But not bad at all.

My main takeaways - powerband is smooth and high RPMs it pulls, HARD. Throttle response/throttle modulation is excellent. And better fuel economy so far than with my Steeda. Installation- much much easier.

Gone through several car washes and it's rained. No water getting through the intake, no problems. Solid product that actually works.

Sponsored
OP
OP
CCCP1999

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Maybe next month i will have the tune and JLT. Plus the cooler temps coming should help also.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I'm really looking forward to trying the JLT and comparing it to the Airaid I already have!!
Be good to hear your feedback, does your Airaid have the insert removed?