Sponsored

JLT Cai and dyno tune

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
But u have all these guys saying the cold air intakes dont work lol.Just had to get that in for all the saying hot air intakes.
Sponsored

96Mustang460cid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT w/ PP
How do your IATs compare before/after the CAI install? That will answer the question of effectiveness with the hood open/shut on the CAI.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Man that made a shitload of torque down low.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Man u aint kidding, and a nice flat curve across the board.

OP
OP
IzVenomous

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
How do your IATs compare before/after the CAI install? That will answer the question of effectiveness with the hood open/shut on the CAI.
Just had my 1st chance to drive it since I had to work all weekend after this was asked.

Slight iat drop by 20 degrees. Was 92 now after a 15 minute drive at 60 mph in 6th they are 72 on the dot.

Slight drop in head temp to from 212 to 203

Sponsored

Ed's5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2012 ford mustang gt 5.0 manual
Just had my 1st chance to drive it since I had to work all weekend after this was asked.

Slight iat drop by 20 degrees. Was 92 now after a 15 minute drive at 60 mph in 6th they are 72 on the dot.

Slight drop in head temp to from 212 to 203
nice gains, what's next, exhaust? n I am glad to see some great numbers with minimal mods :thumbsup:, I am ready for mine already can't wait n start modding...

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
But u have all these guys saying the cold air intakes dont work lol.Just had to get that in for all the saying hot air intakes.
Count me as one of "these guys". Tell you what.... we'll be coming out with a new radio antenna(*) that will give you a 15HP improvement. We'll dyno before and after just to PROVE to you and any other naysayers that our new radio antenna will truly add 15HP at the wheels!! It's AMAZING... I hope everyone buys one.

(*) Please note that our new, revolutionary, HP-adding, radio antenna requires you to have a custom tune to align the gamma rays to synchronize the on-board flux capacitors..... but nevermind the tune..... make NO MISTAKE - it's the antenna that responsible for all of the HP gains! (The Ford engineers were too stupid to equip our cars with the best HP-enabling antenna from the factory so that's why we're coming to the rescue!)

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
dang.. I was going to say in before someone doubts the gains. too late. LOL

Oh well.

Great job OP, and love the final numbers!

OP
OP
IzVenomous

IzVenomous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 5oh
nice gains, what's next, exhaust? n I am glad to see some great numbers with minimal mods :thumbsup:, I am ready for mine already can't wait n start modding...
Definitely a full exhaust have kooks longtubes on order torn between cat backs though

Tele5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015, PP, GT
Nice gains!!!

Sponsored

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Count me as one of "these guys". Tell you what.... we'll be coming out with a new radio antenna(*) that will give you a 15HP improvement. We'll dyno before and after just to PROVE to you and any other naysayers that our new radio antenna will truly add 15HP at the wheels!! It's AMAZING... I hope everyone buys one.

(*) Please note that our new, revolutionary, HP-adding, radio antenna requires you to have a custom tune to align the gamma rays to synchronize the on-board flux capacitors..... but nevermind the tune..... make NO MISTAKE - it's the antenna that responsible for all of the HP gains! (The Ford engineers were too stupid to equip our cars with the best HP-enabling antenna from the factory so that's why we're coming to the rescue!)
If I upgrade my flux capacitors, do I have to get another tune? :confused:

:D

BTW, nice gains, OP, even if they didn't come from the intake. :thumbsup:

eleanor5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MY
That is one of the most squiggly lined graphs I've seen haha.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
With these engines... I think that there should be 3 baselines and then 3 pulls after the mods. The reason I say this is because EVERY dyno I see, they always make a surprisingly higher HP on the 2nd and 3rd pulls. Otherwise, we're getting a very low baseline, then making a few pulls for the highest numbers - it's going to seem like quite a spread.

I have a coyote swap car and it did the same thing before and after a tune.