Sponsored

What is best setup to change out speakers, add sub?

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That is fine, im saying you might ask them to quote with less expensive components. You can also ask to price match some of the better pricing you found online. I personally would only go with 1 set of speakers (component set up front) and a single 8 or 10" woofer.

You might want to check the electronics sub forum as well, the GT/ecoboost guys have had their cars longer, so quite a bit of info in there
Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
So, how many speakers are in a technology package? Are they the same as a GT?

My wife's GT has 3 speakers on left, 1 in the middle, 3 on right, 2 on the back deck, and a subwoofer equaling 10 speakers. Minus the sub, the tech pack cars should have 9 speakers. The front left and right are three way in the GT, are they, the front speakers, the same in the Shelby GT350 tech cars? Thanks.

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
So, how many speakers are in a technology package? Are they the same as a GT?

My wife's GT has 3 speakers on left, 1 in the middle, 3 on right, 2 on the back deck, and a subwoofer equaling 10 speakers. Minus the sub, the tech pack cars should have 9 speakers. The front left and right are three way in the GT, are they, the front speakers, the same in the Shelby GT350 tech cars? Thanks.
Tech pack has 7 speakers, which is what they list. two in rear deck, two in bottom of each door, two tweeters in the pillars, and one in the center dash. the rear magnets are super tiny compared to our ecoboost premium with shaker system.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Buy the 6.5's online and install them yourself, It will take a little work but they are an easy installation. then Have the shop install the rest for you. also you might want to look into getting a better DSP, The factory DSP isn't much better than the factory head unit

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
I just went to a place here in phoenix, they said they did another gt350 recently and gave me the same set up. they want to go all JL Audio stuff, box in rear for sub, 6.5" coax w crossovers in rear and in door/pillar, and a JL 5 channel amp class D, 4 x 100 watts for speakers, 500 watts for sub, and a control switch for sub to turn up or down. Parts alone are 3000. install and tax bring it to $3636, seems so high priced but is this the way to go for better sound?
I got a similar quote for JL Audio stuff with their stealth sub.

Sponsored

Essex Wire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350 Tech Pkg
I know nothing about car audio, but I'm dying to fix the crappy audio in my Tech Pkg. -- for as low cost as possible. Would this thing from JL Audio help improve the sound? Would it maybe be the only thing we need?

FiX-82

OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ. 8-ch. Inputs / 2-ch. Stereo RCA Outputs / 1 Digital Optical (Toslink) Output

The FiX™ 82 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class sound from factory audio systems, without replacing the OEM source unit. Unlike other OEM interface products, the FiX™ 82 is the first DSP to automatically correct time delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction.

http://www.jlaudio.com/fix-82-car-audio-oem-integration-98100

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
I know nothing about car audio, but I'm dying to fix the crappy audio in my Tech Pkg. -- for as low cost as possible. Would this thing from JL Audio help improve the sound? Would it maybe be the only thing we need?

FiX-82

OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ. 8-ch. Inputs / 2-ch. Stereo RCA Outputs / 1 Digital Optical (Toslink) Output

The FiX™ 82 is a state-of-the-art digital signal processor engineered to deliver world-class sound from factory audio systems, without replacing the OEM source unit. Unlike other OEM interface products, the FiX™ 82 is the first DSP to automatically correct time delayed factory outputs prior to signal summing and EQ correction.

http://www.jlaudio.com/fix-82-car-audio-oem-integration-98100

All that does is take the stock sound and correct it before it goes to an amp you add. I have decided to go with the jl audio set up i listed. they are putting in what they call is a better DSP to fix the sound before the amp. They said its half the price of the jl audio one and has more stuff on it. but i am going with the all jl audio stuff, amp, sub box, and speakers in doors and rear. i put a deposit down yesterday and as long as they get it all in, they will install it on monday so i can report back. if not monday, then ill move it to a thursday install.

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
Thank you. Is anyone going to add a midrange in the upper door panel to make it a true 3 way? My wife's 2016 GT with shaker sound has tweeter in pillars, miss in upper door panel, and woofers in lower panels. She let me drive her car today so I was able to test channels 37-40 on Sirius extra loud on my way to work. I hope to at least get decent bass and tone quality with mine with a few audio mods. I am following with interest what others are doing.

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Here is what I'm thinking. Need to do some updated price searches as some prices have come down. I take my internet prices to my guy and he beats them. This doesn't include all the wiring cost and sound dampener material.
800 CLS110RG-W7AE - JL Audio 10" Single 10W7AE Loaded Subwoofer Enclosure
900 JLHD9005 amp (5 channel amp)
900 Folcal 6 KRX2: 100w (so running 75w amp good)
520 labor
250 OEM Inter Module

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
I am really hoping a simple speaker swap will improve sound. Thankfully the exhaust is 90% of the aural pleasure but honestly this is one of the worst sound combos I've ever had in a car.

Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I ended up going with the Audison line ..Bit Ten processor, 1430 w amp and speaker.....
How does it sound/look?

How did you end up at that combo? Which speakers?

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
How does it sound/look?

did some research when to the store and listed to few other lines and Audison sounded the best......

5 channel Amp -- av5.1k
6.5 & 1- 1/8 component set for front-- avk6
6.5 coax set for the back----avx6.5
Bit ten D Processer
sub

All Audison....

davidnz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT
How does it sound/look?

did some research went to the store and looked and listened to few other lines and Audison sounded the best......

5 channel Amp -- av5.1k
Bit ten D Processer
sub

All Audison....

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
did some research went to the store and looked and listened to few other lines and Audison sounded the best......

5 channel Amp -- av5.1k
Bit ten D Processer
sub

All Audison....
Thank you Sir!

Where are you putting the sub? They building a box for you?
Sponsored