Sponsored

What is best setup to change out speakers, add sub?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Glad to see the JL Stealthbox being picked up around here. Quite pricey, but it's "compact", and mine was still hitting hard(500W RMS) when I sold the car 5 years later, even though my amp was certified putting out over 700W RMS to it. Been a huge fan ever since.

Went without a stereo upgrade in my last new car, not happening again. How much did your set up cost you Disney?
Sponsored

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Glad to see the JL Stealthbox being picked up around here. Quite pricey, but it's "compact", and mine was still hitting hard(500W RMS) when I sold the car 5 years later, even though my amp was certified putting out over 700W RMS to it. Been a huge fan ever since.

Went without a stereo upgrade in my last new car, not happening again. How much did your set up cost you Disney?
for the stealthbox,line converter, amp, and front and rear speakers installed it was about $3500. only about $300-350 for install, rest was all parts using jl audio except for the line converter. i think it was well worth it. it sounds pretty good and they are going to retune it this week after giving the speakers a chance to break in.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
for the stealthbox,line converter, amp, and front and rear speakers installed it was about $3500. only about $300-350 for install, rest was all parts using jl audio except for the line converter. i think it was well worth it. it sounds pretty good and they are going to retune it this week after giving the speakers a chance to break in.
Is the Audio control mod your DSP or do yo not have one?

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Is the Audio control mod your DSP or do yo not have one?
i dont have a separate dsp, they said the control mod cleans up the signal from the headunit before going to the amp, but as far as i know, there are no controls to adjust except level out to amp, they said it does everything automatically, unless someone else knows about the LC6I?

Sponsored

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350

autobahnGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
i dont have a separate dsp, they said the control mod cleans up the signal from the headunit before going to the amp, but as far as i know, there are no controls to adjust except level out to amp, they said it does everything automatically, unless someone else knows about the LC6I?
I have a quote from a dealer in Northern Virginia to add the
HD900/5 amp
4 C3-650
Cables and wires
Converter Box - RCA jacks (non-DSP)
Installation

Total cost: $1690

They already installed the Stealthbox and amp, will give me credit for the other stuff (well, amp) when I am ready to do it. Anyone in Northern Virginia, Electronics Plus in Centreville is hooking me up. Pics of sub install to follow later.

Also, was told that the Shelby's do not have the mounting brackets or holes underneath the carpet as the regular 2015 up Mustangs that can order the Shaker system. Anyone heard of this small yet costly by another hour detail? Thanks.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
After reading all this I went down and got a quote for a set up. I would like any thoughts on the following if you already have had experience.

Is the JL C2 coaxial in the doors fine or should I go to the C5?

Already set with the AMP and stealth box but still undecided on the doors?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
After reading all this I went down and got a quote for a set up. I would like any thoughts on the following if you already have had experience.

Is the JL C2 coaxial in the doors fine or should I go to the C5?

Already set with the AMP and stealth box but still undecided on the doors?

Thanks in advance.
we put the c5-650 in the doors up front so the tweeter fits in the same factory spot. we went with c3-650 in the back and i think it sounds really good with the stealthbox as well. got the jl amp as well, 4 x100 and 1 x500 for sub all in one unit.

Yetitime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech Pak
we put the c5-650 in the doors up front so the tweeter fits in the same factory spot. we went with c3-650 in the back and i think it sounds really good with the stealthbox as well. got the jl amp as well, 4 x100 and 1 x500 for sub all in one unit.
Thanks Disney, did you install a DSP also?

Did you use the existing wiring or rewire?

Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP
disneyfun1

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
Thanks Disney, did you install a DSP also?

Did you use the existing wiring or rewire?

Thanks!
yes, they put in a DSP as well, they used the LC6I to clean up the signal. They put the amp and dsp in the spare tire well and ran wires to it from the head unit, then new wiring back to the speakers.

MandoGt350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Armando
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
yes, they put in a DSP as well, they used the LC6I to clean up the signal. They put the amp and dsp in the spare tire well and ran wires to it from the head unit, then new wiring back to the speakers.
the spare tire area location is a good idea. I'm shooting for that location on my 2 amps and DSP. Or the DSP in the kick panel where the stock amp is.

az2017gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I am in Peoria, who did the work, would you reccomend?
Sponsored