Sponsored

It's still just a Mustang...

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
It seems that when a new Mustang variant comes along, in this case, the 2020 GT500, the phrase, "it's still just a Mustang" is thrown out there as some sort of negative. I think a point that was made in a recent Car & Driver expresses how we should celebrate/embrace the fact that "it's still just a Mustang."

If you drove it blindfolded, you'd swear it was a bona-fide sports car, not the hot-rod big brother of the $27,000 four-banger coupe at your local Ford store.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Over the years, when ppl ask what I drive... I proudly say Mustang.

I never say Cobra, GT500..

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
True, but that would insinuate that you paid no attention to title of the thread...
Which is "it's still just a mustang"

Not "it's still just a ford" or "it's still just a car"

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
True, but that would insinuate that you paid no attention to title of the thread...
Which is "it's still just a mustang"

Not "it's still just a ford" or "it's still just a car"
I read the title. I was referring to your comment about not calling your GT500 or Cobra. One can call it what they want. But, then it would not be accurate. I'm a car guy and I love discussing cars with other fans. So, for me, I'm more specific as to have a car fan conversation. Just like I love discussing football teams. Not just football.

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Over the years, when ppl ask what I drive... I proudly say Mustang.

I never say Cobra, GT500..
To non car people they all look the same whether an eco boost mustang or a gt500, stingray or zr1.
These cars attract dudes not women. If they did attract women most are gold diggers and very few enthusiasts.

I actually avoid talking to people, lol.

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
To non car people they all look the same whether an eco boost mustang or a gt500, stingray or zr1.
These cars attract dudes not women. If they did attract women most are gold diggers and very few enthusiasts.

The GT500 will definitely pull the hotties the front end of this new car is what stands out, Its just got some much going on and I love it! The new GT500 is definitely not "just a mustang" I imagine you will get all kinds of looks when cruising in this thing. I remember when the S550 came out I was one of the first to get one and tons of people were asking about it damn near every time I would fill up at a gas station etc. and that was just a GT I can only imagine cruising in the GT500 lol

Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
I've said it before on this forum, and I'll say it again:

I'm buying this car *because* it's "just" a mustang. I don't want the extra attention that a typical 80k+ sports car comes with.

OP
OP

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score

My wife would disagree.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The just a Mustang comment is more because the interior isn't much improved over a rental Ecboost from a materials perspective. The closer you get to $100k the interior quality expectations increase to go along with performance. Because Racecar isn't a good enough excuse for poor interior fit and finish in 2019.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
...or exterior fit and finish, as some pictures of the GT500 seem to indicate....

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Well, I mean, SRT-4 guys still got "its just a Neon" despite the massively better performance it had. That's just how people act when they want to ignore the differences.
Its a reply people will make. When they spent more. And they just want to justify their purchase. Even though the performance of their vehicle is matched for a much lower price. I had a SRT4. I considered buying a GT500. I love cars that punch above their weight class. The SRT4 was a special car. That's why its still talked about today. This GT500 seams pretty special also.
Sponsored