Sponsored

It's still just a Mustang...

OP
OP

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
Your wife is doing that to stroke your ego. lol you aint kidding anyone.
Ha! You clearly have never met and don't know my wife. Her toy is a '65 fastback with a 393W stroker/T56 combo that she takes to the strip regularly, She's piloted my 2013 Boss 302 around AMP and NCM on several occasions.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Boss2013

Threads
Reaction score
The just a Mustang comment is more because the interior isn't much improved over a rental Ecboost from a materials perspective. The closer you get to $100k the interior quality expectations increase to go along with performance. Because Racecar isn't a good enough excuse for poor interior fit and finish in 2019.
Hmmmm...interior fit, finish and materials on the current Mustang are really good, in my experience. I'm pretty sure the base Stingray interior and a future Z06 interior are not going to be much different from each other, if any, despite the higher pricetag. I'd go as far as to say, from what I've seen, that the C8 interior doesn't scream "luxury" or refinement.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hmmmm...interior fit, finish and materials on the current Mustang are really good, in my experience. I'm pretty sure the base Stingray interior and a future Z06 interior are not going to be much different from each other, if any, despite the higher pricetag. I'd go as far as to say, from what I've seen, that the C8 interior doesn't scream "luxury" or refinement.
The LT1 to LT3 isn't huge as far as differences... as almost any interior of the same make would be. BUT i do believe the fit and finish and everything over all in a base corvette is a decent step up from my fully optioned 18GT. Its a different experience in the new vette. the squared wheel and EVERYTHING pointing towards the driver. the "wall" is unique and im sure owners will get use to it, but its... different for sure. I am from the no way id pay that much for a mustang camp.. its still just a mustang like my ST was just a focus. I feel the same about people buying 45k RS's.. its just a focus. one that out performs the base model by far. For me when its time to drop a 100k on a car it will be a Vette or a AMG. I dont go to the track and haven't cared who was faster then me in 15 years. As long as i enjoy the car im paying for and im sure 99.99999% of GT500 owners will fit into that. the rest will either be the "poors" or the "entitled"

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Blade: I hate to even say this word these days but..I "TOTALLY" agree with your comments. Stealth, please..thank you very much, (although once the motor's running, it's gonna be tough to switch to "Quiet" mode.) <chuckling>

Don't want, need, or care about attention as you said...just leave me alone with my BEEYOOTEEFUL car! :-)

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I dont go to the track and haven't cared who was faster then me in 15 years. As long as i enjoy the car im paying for
I'm with you there street racing in these parts will get you a ticket fast. Plus there is always someone who is going to be faster than you always. I just enjoy driving my Mustang.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Come on guys..there are "times," you know there are. :-) Even at my advanced age of double sixes, I still enjoy lighting 'em up and making a youngster here or there eat crow.

Nope, never the fastest BUT, you may be the fastest of the TWO and at that moment, it's pretty much all that matters me thinks. <grin>

I hope I/we never grow out of that enjoyment.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Come on guys..there are "times," you know there are. :-) Even at my advanced age of double sixes, I still enjoy lighting 'em up and making a youngster here or there eat crow.

Nope, never the fastest BUT, you may be the fastest of the TWO and at that moment, it's pretty much all that matters me thinks. <grin>

I hope I/we never grow out of that enjoyment.
ok... yes I partake on some fun sometimes. I’m just saying if I lose to a faster car it’s not the end of the world for me. I personally would never go buy xxx car over yyy just because one was faster then the other. I know some that it seems their manhood is measured on which car a magazine went faster with.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thomas: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. We buy the car because we want "the car," and couldn't care less who has "the fastest car." Geeze, you could go bankrupt in that impossible quest. I'll stick to what I know..American Muscle and, of course, Wheaties for breakfast. <smile>

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Thomas: I couldn't agree more with everything you just said. We buy the car because we want "the car," and couldn't care less who has "the fastest car." Geeze, you could go bankrupt in that impossible quest. I'll stick to what I know..American Muscle and, of course, Wheaties for breakfast. <smile>
Kilo...no way, Wheaties.....steak and eggs for me !!

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
trust me, there will come a day your slowing down in a ~45mph zone with kids walking by, you will rev-match downshift with the pipes open, and kids will turn around in awe, maybe even give youa thumbs up.. that happened to me in the M3. i rememebr that day lol..

"I finally made it, I impressed a random 13yr old"

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Did someone say that these cars are suppose attract the ladies, if so, I have had my 2013 for over 6 years and the only female that it has attracted is a little old lady who flipped me off, I would like to think it was an offer. If it is suppose to attract the ladies, something is definitely broke on my car and I will have to get with my dealer to have it repaired. Only problem is, I don't know if I am physically capable of holding up my end once the car is repaired.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
That is the reason why im into Mustangs to begin with, I like flying under the radar and not driving around in a car that gets attention because people think its an expensive super car. There about to be alot of C8 Corvette owners driving around in their $60k mid engine "super car" acting like they are driving a $200k Ferrari and its completely turned me off from that car from the start.
The nice thing about the new corvette as opposed to a ferrari. It is much easier to fit your walker into and get it out when you park at the handicap spot at the shops

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if I am physically capable of holding up my end once the car is repaired.
Earl: Just got up from a late night nap and that statement made me laugh so hard I woke up!

VERY funny...

"I finally made it, I impressed a random 13yr old"

V: Ditto for the 13-year old, I bet most have done that even if they won't admit it, I know I have although they were older. <smile>
Sponsored