Sponsored

It's coming faster than you think. Gas on way out.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Britain moved up its plan to ban the sale of new gas burning cars after 2035 I know that's 15 years from now but in the big automotive picture that ain't much. And that's a moved up date. Could get shorter. I have a feeling over here in good old America it might come down to a fight to take people gas cars :) but it coming like it or not . All them people who kept saying not in our life times... short life times hu. This will snowball and I believe happen even faster then 2035. IM gonna go out and hug my gas car today :) IM sure French will be next as they banned big gas guzzling trucks and suvs years ago from city streets. A lot of other countries have bans taking effect in 2025 on diesel. And Norway plans ban on gas cars by 2025....
Sponsored

bigfoot21075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Pack
Britain moved up its plan to ban the sale of new gas burning cars after 2035 I know that's 15 years from now but in the big automotive picture that ain't much. And that's a moved up date. Could get shorter. I have a feeling over here in good old America it might come down to a fight to take people gas cars :) but it coming like it or not . All them people who kept saying not in our life times... short life times hu. This will snowball and I believe happen even faster then 2035. IM gonna go out and hug my gas car today :) IM sure French will be next as they banned big gas guzzling trucks and suvs years ago from city streets. A lot of other countries have bans taking effect in 2025 on diesel. And Norway plans ban on gas cars by 2025....
Not going to happen any time soon. EV's are a farce. They have a terrible environmental impact.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Not going to happen any time soon. EV's are a farce. They have a terrible environmental impact.
Yeah but only like 5% of us are smart enough to see it. The rest of the world thinks they are a godsend ( just ask and electric car owner they will tell you) and we know laws and things are always based around popular opinion and not facts.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
We will see what happens. It is possible, but making gas cars obsolete will create a lot of waste
Then they will do another cash for clunkers car buy back and give you trade credit for the electric and the rich people will get richer recycling the metal and such... there is always money to be made and consumers to screw LOL

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Yeah but only like 5% of us are smart enough to see it. The rest of the world thinks they are a godsend ( just ask and electric car owner they will tell you) and we know laws and things are always based around popular opinion and not facts.
I, for one, will gladly welcome back the steam age... nuclear reactions are pretty great at generating steam. Electronic controls and fail-safes watching the water level, boiler pressure, and turbine feedback will make it much safer, faster, and more reliable than the steamers of the 1900s.

Best part yet, the advertisements will be able to say they run on water.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
And what about all the other equipment such as my company which uses everything from weed trimmers to skid steers? I'd like to see them create a battery to power an excavator

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
And what about all the other equipment such as my company which uses everything from weed trimmers to skid steers? I'd like to see them create a battery to power an excavator

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
How do you drive over 400 miles? Do they expect people to drive 400 miles. Stop. Recharge for a long while. then go?

the original thinking was to have hybrids for those who want to drive longer distances. Hybrids still need gas.

13razorbackfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
How do you drive over 400 miles? Do they expect people to drive 400 miles. Stop. Recharge for a long while. then go?

the original thinking was to have hybrids for those who want to drive longer distances. Hybrids still need gas.
Most of the folks coming up with these ideas are packed into dense cities where driving 20 miles a day would be normal. The rest of the folks are just going to have to figure it out I guess. I'm not opposed to clean energy but hell we can't even fix our crumbling infrastructure what are we supposed to do when they completely turn our lives upside down?

Sponsored

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Rigamortis Mike Bloomberg has proposed the same ban in his campaign platform as he rides in private jets everywhere. Wait until the transformer on my electric poll explodes on a hot August evening when 50% of the cars on my street plugin for the day! Hello!

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Those countries that have little to no petroleum reserves will be the first to phase out gas engines when they can (much of Europe, Japan, etc.). They already have very high gas taxes to entice folks to not use gas powered vehicles. Those areas with pollution issues will follow (LA, China, etc.).
It’s a logical progression of technology applied to issues of the day. Not saying electric power will be the final answer, but petro-burning vehicles will eventually go the way of dinosaurs. Just a matter of when.

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
A lot of things need to happen in the US before EVs are viable for mass adoption.

Gas needs to get expensive. Like European expensive. Once gas is $6/gallon, buyers will really start to eye EVs.

Charging infrastructure. EVs are fine if you own a home with a garage that you actually park your cars in. What about people living in apartment complexes? There might be 3-4 charging spaces. And who will be responsible for installing charging stations? The apartment complexes won't just install them without bumping up rent by a noticeable amount. Also, what about people who live in cities and park on the street? Are cities like NYC and Boston going to line the streets with EV chargers? Will these be installed by the gov't with tax payer dollars, or by private companies who charge you to juice up your vehicle?

What needs to be done to our current electrical grid to handle all of these EVs? I know I hear grumbling about how the grid is stressed and brown outs will be the norm. Even California's electrical company filed bankruptcy, and may go into private ownership.

I'd like to say 15 years would be enough time to get these things ironed out, but with lobbying interests, this will get dragged out for decades.

However, Europe has been doing a lot more regarding renewable energy than the US, so they are paving the way for 2035. For the US, it will be more like 2055.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
There is a lot that needs to happen for gasoline to completely disappear. I think you are looking at easily 10 years beyond that 2035 date and probably much more. You still need the infrastructure to service all the ICE vehicles sold in 2034. It's not like you can just switch overnight. I'm probably safe, at my age, that I'll still be able to buy gasoline for the Mustang until I either stop driving or drop dead.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I feel really sorry for the people of Europe if this is done to them.
Sponsored