Sponsored

Is there a better battery with higher CCA that fits our battery casing

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I have the AG 20HD and it's ridiculous how strong it cranks the car. And that's compared to the stock battery when brand new. Yes, it's small, but there are several, bolt in mounting solutions to fit the stock box.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I have the AG 20HD and it's ridiculous how strong it cranks the car. And that's compared to the stock battery when brand new. Yes, it's small, but there are several, bolt in mounting solutions to fit the stock box.
I know you know a lot of info. I ran the same battery for a year no issues. Few weeks back completely dead out of nowhere had to use a portable jump start a few times. Fully charged it up and then car everything turned off just the engine and trans worked no screens nothing. Sent it back got a new one and same thing. Weird part is idle it’s fine when I take off is when the cars electronics go hay wire. I put a 10amp lithium charger on the new one before install for 3 days to fully charge. My dealer since I have the extra warranty brought their mobile truck and tested the alternator which was all good and reset BMS/cleared codes. Looks like I’ll be going to another battery

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
antigravity ATX 30hd kind of fits, it has to be mounted sideways and the lines have to be bent, its not ideal but I made it work

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I've never had a problem with the factory Mustang batteries and never had to replace one either. I've also used Mustangs year round in all kinds of weather down to 20-30 below zero. Don't tell my wife - it might be because I never keep a car long enough. :lipssealed:

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I know you know a lot of info. I ran the same battery for a year no issues. Few weeks back completely dead out of nowhere had to use a portable jump start a few times. Fully charged it up and then car everything turned off just the engine and trans worked no screens nothing. Sent it back got a new one and same thing. Weird part is idle it’s fine when I take off is when the cars electronics go hay wire. I put a 10amp lithium charger on the new one before install for 3 days to fully charge. My dealer since I have the extra warranty brought their mobile truck and tested the alternator which was all good and reset BMS/cleared codes. Looks like I’ll be going to another battery
Interesting. That sucks, hate that for ya. Knock on wood, but mines been rock solid for well over a year now. No funny business that I’ve ever noticed. Keeping my fingers crossed.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Would have liked to shed some weight and go with an AG lithium battery but after reading some members experiences and that mine nearly crapped out this morning I did the same as several others and did the Costco Interstate 96r. It drops right in. The case depth seems to be fractionally more and the hold down is tighter but no problems. I may take the wedge out when time permits and shave it a little so it will nestle into its space better before tightening the hold down bolt but otherwise it’s good. Will be better having a stronger battery.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I wanted AGM and more CCA, so I went with the Costco Interstate Group 47 (H5). This battery is the same dimensions as a 96r except being 1/16" inch shorter in length. Our stock battery must be a little lower in height than the standard 96r (it did look tiny when I removed it) because I had the same experience with the case depth being slightly higher. The battery cover still fits but sticks up a little on the positive side. I do have a huge fuse there for my aftermarket audio system but it didn't stick up before.

Would have liked to shed some weight and go with an AG lithium battery but after reading some members experiences and that mine nearly crapped out this morning I did the same as several others and did the Costco Interstate 96r. It drops right in. The case depth seems to be fractionally more and the hold down is tighter but no problems. I may take the wedge out when time permits and shave it a little so it will nestle into its space better before tightening the hold down bolt but otherwise it’s good. Will be better having a stronger battery.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I wanted AGM and more CCA, so I went with the Costco Interstate Group 47 (H5). This battery is the same dimensions as a 96r except being 1/16" inch shorter in length. Our stock battery must be a little lower in height than the standard 96r (it did look tiny when I removed it) because I had the same experience with the case depth being slightly higher. The battery cover still fits but sticks up a little on the positive side. I do have a huge fuse there for my aftermarket audio system but it didn't stick up before.
I would agree that an AGM battery should have advantages. My only hesitation was looking over the Odyssey application chart and saw that mist weigh a bit over 50 lbs I don’t know if the Intersrates are any less. I drug my feet too long anyway and when I had starting issues yesterday I basically just took the 96r and went with it.

Reactions: GTP

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Those Odyseey batteries do run heavy. The Interstate weighs 38.9 pounds.

I would agree that an AGM battery should have advantages. My only hesitation was looking over the Odyssey application chart and saw that mist weigh a bit over 50 lbs I don’t know if the Intersrates are any less. I drug my feet too long anyway and when I had starting issues yesterday I basically just took the 96r and went with it.

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
Those Odyseey batteries do run heavy. The Interstate weighs 38.9 pounds.
Funnily enough, I definitely overthought this and ended up with a conventional albeit higher capacity replacement. I had it set in my mind to get as much improvement as I could but circumstances said otherwise. The irony is if this replacement lasts at least as long as the stock battery, my car will be 13 years old before it needs replacing.
Sponsored