Sponsored

IRS Braces

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Anybody feel after installing the IRS braces, wether it was Steeda or BMR brand, your 350 didn't feel as planted to the ground as before? For example, around sharp curves at higher speeds?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Maybe I just need to get more seat time to get use to them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Okay, that's good info. What do you mean by not as "planted?" Understeer, oversteer, newfound numbness?
Maybe a tad bit of oversteer. Car handles completely different with them. Maybe I wasn't expecting such a change when they were installed.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yep. I'd say check the alignment too. A bit more oversteer would be expected as the rear end settles down and becomes stiffer. Definitely do not go deeper into rear end mods until you get used to it. What did you install, the Steeda Braces or the BMR cradle lockout kit?

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
Yep. I'd say check the alignment too. A bit more oversteer would be expected as the rear end settles down and becomes stiffer. Definitely do not go deeper into rear end mods until you get used to it. What did you install, the Steeda Braces or the BMR cradle lockout kit?
STEEDA braces.

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So you don't screw up the alignment nearly as much on install than with the BMR stuff. Still get it checked out though. If it's still bothering you after, remove the G Trac brace.

OP
OP
ClayDee

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
So you don't screw up the alignment nearly as much on install than with the BMR stuff. Still get it checked out though. If it's still bothering you after, remove the G Trac brace.
It's the STEEDA 2 point G-Trac.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
car is stiffer with IRS braces, no doubt. this can affect you in different ways. for example, rough ass back roads will feel not as planted because the rear being stiffer, you will almost hop over bumps and ridges. on smooth road, provided alignment is good, you'll be better planted. All in all, I love the IRS braces and steeds track brace. Even bigger difference is adding the DCS controller into with it:)

Last edited:

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
car is stiffer with IRS braces, no doubt. this can affect you in different ways. for example, rough ass back roads will fill not as planted because the rear being stiffer, you will almost hop over bumps and ridges. on smooth road, provided alignment is good, you'll be better planted. All in all, I love the IRS braces and steeds track brace. Even bigger difference is adding the DCS controller into with it:)
Thas basically my plan. I have the 4pt G-track, and braces on the way, FRPP magneride handling pack after that. Then I'll be looking into bushings. DCS is planning to release a controller for the 2018+ GT's. Hoping to get most of it done before I get time to start going to some SCCA events this year. Time kills me ever year. I work way to much, need to play more.
Sponsored