Sponsored

Interior - seats

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
You guys worry about interior too much, I'll take a Race Red GT with the trackpack and Recaro seats. I don't care about color matching the interior, all I care about is the performance, the outside looks and the experience while driving.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I just built and priced a 2014 GT premium coupe with track pack and Recaro's on Ford's website for $46,500 and a convertible for $46,800. That's with every option it would let me add except the GT/CS package. I couldn't get Recaro's or track pack on the convertible so I added Bembro brakes. I tried to max out the packages to see what the upper limits could be. I'm guessing you would add about another $2000 for the 2015 model so I could see a maxed out 2015 to be around $48K.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
You guys worry about interior too much, I'll take a Race Red GT with the trackpack and Recaro seats. I don't care about color matching the interior, all I care about is the performance, the outside looks and the experience while driving.
The interior is where I sit. If I'm paying 45k+ for a car, I want to be treated well. I'm sure this is a function of growing up/old.

let me ride

Threads
Reaction score
The interior is where I sit. If I'm paying 45k+ for a car, I want to be treated well. I'm sure this is a function of growing up/old.
It's a function of being practical which unless this is only your weekend joyride you sorta have to be. If im commuting to work in this every day I better like the seats/interior.

Along those lines I came across this picture and Im wondering if I need to be worried. Anyone get to sit in one yet? It could just be the pic but it looks like you could bump your head unless you are vertically challenged....?

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's a function of being practical which unless this is only your weekend joyride you sorta have to be. If im commuting to work in this every day I better like the seats/interior.

Along those lines I came across this picture and Im wondering if I need to be worried. Anyone get to sit in one yet? It could just be the pic but it looks like you could bump your head unless you are vertically challenged....?

Go sit in a Recaro-equipped 2013-14 Mustang as the seats are identical.

Sponsored

noldevin

Threads
Reaction score
I'm still torn between the Recaros and the brown heated/cooled leather. I guess I'll just have to wait and sit.

moodster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The drivers seat looks like it is adjusted the whole way up.
Look at the passenger seat and draw a line across the bottom of recaro.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I'm still torn between the Recaros and the brown heated/cooled leather. I guess I'll just have to wait and sit.

That's my dilemma as well. I currently have saddle leather in my '11 and love it, but also love the feel of the Recaros. With that said, the cloth Recaros feel more racy and performance oriented. I work for Mercedes and get to feel some of the best seats in the world so whichever I choose will have a lot to live up to.

The drivers seat looks like it is adjusted the whole way up.
I agree, it's just adjusted all the way up.

noldevin

Threads
Reaction score
That's my dilemma as well. I currently have saddle leather in my '11 and love it, but also love the feel of the Recaros. With that said, the cloth Recaros feel more racy and performance oriented. I work for Mercedes and get to feel some of the best seats in the world so whichever I choose will have a lot to live up to.
Not just that, but I think the saddle/brown leather will make an awesome color combo with guard. Wish the Recaros came in different color patterns...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Not just that, but I think the saddle/brown leather will make an awesome color combo with guard. Wish the Recaros came in different color patterns...

My car is black and so will my next car so any interior color choice doesn't really matter. The saddle just takes the car to another level because anyone can get black. Light colors are good only for show cars. When people complain about keeping a black exterior clean, trying to keep a light interior clean is a true nightmare.

Sponsored

Cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
After DECADES of black leather interiors in MANY new vehicles, I am so ready for a change. In my most recent car I opted for silver-grey fabric and love it. But, I'm hoping for an exterior Magnetic/Silver/Guard 2015 Mustang available with the saddle interior.

IGJoe2192

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Automobile
I have had four Mustangs, 2 fox bodies and 2 new edges, Interior wasn't the strong suite of any of those cars, the best was my 2004 Mach 1. Loved the seats in that car, my only gripe was the pedal positioning between the brake and the gas pedal as trying to do a proper heel-toe was nearly impossible so you had to resort to rolling your foot to do proper downshifts while braking.

I am 26 going on 27 this year, not sure what your age is, but If I am going to spend 45K+ on a car, I want it to be a thrill to drive while also supporting my needs as a DD, as all of my mustangs were daily driven. I also had taken them on long road trips and enjoyed them quite well. I don't require having elegant interior, just as long as it functions and stands the testament of time I am happy. I personally just want the driving position to be comfortable and the inputs to communicate to me exactly what the car is doing.