Interesting article

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
Not sure if this has been posted but didn't see it after a quick look through the different areas. The thing in the article that caught my eye the most was this statement: "We're in the midst of the biggest product refresh in our history," Thai-Tang said in an exclusive interview with MotorTrend after news broke of his promotion. By 2022, everything Ford sells will have been refreshed.

So it is confirmed of a new mustang chassis or at least a facelift for 2022?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...nd-mach-e-launches/ar-BBZLPzo?ocid=spartanntp

link for reference
Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Not sure if this has been posted but didn't see it after a quick look through the different areas. The thing in the article that caught my eye the most was this statement: "We're in the midst of the biggest product refresh in our history," Thai-Tang said in an exclusive interview with MotorTrend after news broke of his promotion. By 2022, everything Ford sells will have been refreshed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...nd-mach-e-launches/ar-BBZLPzo?ocid=spartanntp

link for reference
Well personally their "refresh" of the '18 Stang was horrible, I hate the front end, and am SO glad the Shelby 500 will have the old look. So hopefully for the future they can make the stang look better and not like a fusion.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
It's odd they didn't mention all the problems associated with the 2020 GT500 launch and the impact the Explorer/Aviator problems had on Mustang production.

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well personally their "refresh" of the '18 Stang was horrible, I hate the front end, and am SO glad the Shelby 500 will have the old look. So hopefully for the future they can make the stang look better and not like a fusion.
Agree! Not a fan of front end and only dark colors could hide it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
RJ: Isn't it amazing how different some things look to different people? <smiling>

I think the black "mouth" MAKES the front end. :-)

Sponsored

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
RJ: Isn't it amazing how different some things look to different people? <smiling>

I think the black "mouth" MAKES the front end. :-)
Oh, I love the black mouth! I don't like the flat edged triangles on the corners under the lights. The sun does not hit it right. Dark colors hide the lines mostly.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree that refreshes have to be well done or else they will not help Ford. I also agree that the 2018 Mustang refresh was poorly done. They had such a beautiful design and now it looks sad/sleepy.

I didn't think the Explorer refresh was the greatest either. They went away from the grill that buyers love and other manufacturers are copying a little too quickly in my opinion.

Sponsored

Dan243

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
The 2018 look so much wider and lower. I love the 2018 refresh and you also get more horses with the gen 3 coyote. I must say the gt350 is the best looking front end ever on a mustang.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I’ve had 2 - 15’ S550’s and now a 18’ S550. There’s things I like about both. I have to say after having and driving both for a while now I much prefer the 18’. I doubt I will get another one because they are getting more expensive. I just paid off the 18’ and will keep it for a very long time.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

link for reference
There is one last refresh planned in 2021 for the S550. We then wait for the S650 in 2022 for the 2023 MY. What it’s going to be is pure conjecture at this point.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
lets see, new 3/4 ton+, new 1/2 ton (so expedition also), Bronco, Ranger will be on a new frame and new design by 2022. new explorer already, baby bronco (scout), theres talk of a unibody truck, no sedans, the M E, refreshed mustang including Mach 1 next year. Should be an exciting couple years at the dealership.

And I prefer the 18+ S550 look. not too sure on what little we've seen on the 2021 refresh, but I do look forward to that Mach 1, got a 71..a 2021 will be a nice 50 year anniversary to it and to park next to it, in race red with red interior as the 71 has.

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well personally their "refresh" of the '18 Stang was horrible, I hate the front end
I think the newer face looks more modern, altho I definitely did think the profile of the pre facelift car looks better when I parked behind one once.

But the back end was improved tremendously. Beside the quad tips and jazzing up some elements, I honestly don't know what Ford was thinking with the body color things starting to wrap up over the rear from underneath.

https://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/2017-mustang-vs-2018-mustang
Sponsored