Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Does the Race require charge tubes? Read a few post where folks couldn't get the factory ones to work.
Factory ones will work, but they're a tight fit. They will stretch over the larger inlet/outlet of the Race (.25" larger). It's just MUCH easier to get the larger couplers that come with the pipe kit and slip them right on.

If you purchase the intercooler (Race) and pipe kit separately and need upgraded couplers just get in touch! We'll get you settled.
Sponsored

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Factory ones will work, but they're a tight fit. They will stretch over the larger inlet/outlet of the Race (.25" larger). It's just MUCH easier to get the larger couplers that come with the pipe kit and slip them right on.

If you purchase the intercooler (Race) and pipe kit separately and need upgraded couplers just get in touch! We'll get you settled.
Thanks, that doesn’t sound too bad. Not sure if I can do it this year or not but sounds like the best solution

skywalkerpt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang S550 EB 2017
Upgraded mine yesterday, although being in the UK I used a company based here called Airtec. Their design was taller and went Infront of the AC condenser.
PXL_20231027_143258185~2.jpg

PXL_20231027_160906062.jpg
Hey @Dannyh1991! This is exactly the IC I'm considering for mine and I haven't found anyone other than yourself who has installed it previously. What's your feedback on it so far? Have you had any power runs since installing it? TIA!

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
Consensus seems to be if you are not racing CVFab street with stock pipes is a great starting point. If you are racing then you have to do a lot more research and you will need charge pipes, among other changes.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Consensus seems to be if you are not racing CVFab street with stock pipes is a great starting point. If you are racing then you have to do a lot more research and you will need charge pipes, among other changes.
I just installed the Street and switched to Cobb stage 2 and am happy. Car drives great and has a lot of low end power which I like :)

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I've got a cp-e street intercooler and have tracked it on several different road courses during HPDE events. I don't know my horsepower / torque but I'm now tuned with a MAP stage 2 block, NX2 turbo, CVF catted downpipe, etc; and it is significantly faster than stock.

One time on VIR, during the last extended HPDE session of a hot day, my car pulled timing from engine CHT overheating but not IAT excess charge temps.

I've had no issues with a street intercooler and have yet to feel the need to upgrade to a race one.
Sponsored

Last edited: