Intake manifold issue - UK

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hi guys, to cut a long story short my cars IM has broke and Ford are replacing it under warranty however they're struggling to source a new one, or from what I've been told the one they've ordered isn't showing on their system.

Is there anyone across the pond able to see where the part is or help out in any way? They've had my car in 3 weeks now waiting for this part and my rental is a Ford KA, in bright yellow and it sucks big time on a plus they have told me today that they're going to give me a "better" car in next couple of days.

My original post in the UK section for back story: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103236
Sponsored

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Hi guys, to cut a long story short my cars IM has broke and Ford are replacing it under warranty however they're struggling to source a new one, or from what I've been told the one they've ordered isn't showing on their system.

Is there anyone across the pond able to see where the part is or help out in any way? They've had my car in 3 weeks now waiting for this part and my rental is a Ford KA, in bright yellow and it sucks big time on a plus they have told me today that they're going to give me a "better" car in next couple of days.

My original post in the UK section for back story: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103236

I.M., part #
FR3Z-9424-N

Replaces:
(FR3Z-9424-G, FR3Z-9424-K, FR3Z-9424-L, FR3Z-9424-M, FR3Z*9424*A, FR3Z*9424*J)

Gaskets:
FR3Z-9439-A
https://www.tascaparts.com/auto-par...0l-v8-gas-engine/engine-cat/engine-parts-scat

tripp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
FR3Z-9424-N is widely available in the American depots, but Ford's export depot shows zero inventory. I don't know how overseas orders are allocated in terms of cross-shipping from the other depots, but one would assume it would get redirected from one of the PDCs with stock on hand.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
FR3Z-9424-N is widely available in the American depots, but Ford's export depot shows zero inventory. I don't know how overseas orders are allocated in terms of cross-shipping from the other depots, but one would assume it would get redirected from one of the PDCs with stock on hand.
That explains alot!

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
I just keep getting from them "it's not showing on our system" rather than picking up the phone... If / when they have a better vehicle I'll mention this post

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Are you able to get a screen shot of the stock inventory for this part? Ford have had my car 5 weeks now and I want to have evidence of the availability so I can push customer relationship centre and my dealer to get it sorted

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Are you able to get a screen shot of the stock inventory for this part? Ford have had my car 5 weeks now and I want to have evidence of the availability so I can push customer relationship centre and my dealer to get it sorted
That's some piss poor customer service if they can't get on the phone to Ford USA and get one shipped to you. Staring at a screen and saying there are none in stock is poor business without finding a solution. Rattle the cage a bit and make some calls to a regional manager or the UK equivalent. Such a common part, they have to assume there are plenty in stock in the US.

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Make sure it's the same part. I know they did alter a few things to comply with EU emissions.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Make sure it's the same part. I know they did alter a few things to comply with EU emissions.
They've repaired it today and its ready finally!
Sponsored