Intake Heatshield

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Hmm, it says "up to" 12whp and says that for all of their heat shields. I think what's more likely than adding power, is that in a situation where you'd be losing significant power from heat soak the shield may help prevent that loss. But this is just speculation.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
It's mainly snake oil. The rushing air moves way to fast through the intake tract and manifold to really be affected by the radiating heat. Even more so at the manifold level where it's literally just an few inches away from the head runner.

And even if you could lower the air temp by a few degrees, it's no where near 12rwhp difference.

The source of the air is much more important. Save your money and focus on getting cool ambient air into your filter.

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
Maybe it helps when the engine is hot and on track?
It would need an air gap to create a thermal break to be most effective.
Glued to the bottom of plenum the heat will transfer once the shield is heat soaked. After that thereā€™s no stopping heat transfer until the BTUā€™s stop producing power.

Sponsored

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I got the one from Steeda too. My intake was off anyways. Is it worth it? Meh, figure it's certainly not hurting anything. Maybe a tiny benefit. I never would have pulled the intake for just that, that's for sure.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I got the one from Steeda too. My intake was off anyways. Is it worth it? Meh, figure it's certainly not hurting anything. Maybe a tiny benefit. I never would have pulled the intake for just that, that's for sure.
I echo this. I was doing the 2018 manifold upgrade on my GT and figured I might as well do it then. I will say I dont have CHTs like other folks on the track but i may just be a slow driver lol.

MiamiGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would skip this upgrade. It was a hassle to install with the connectors below/behind the GT350 intake manifold, $100 I'll never see again, and I didn't notice any difference in car performance or butt feel.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I would skip this upgrade. It was a hassle to install with the connectors below/behind the GT350 intake manifold, $100 I'll never see again, and I didn't notice any difference in car performance or butt feel.
I have my GT350 IM off of my car right now For OMarC lockouts.I was looking at this mod too. I was wondering how well it sticks with all,the ribbing on the bottom of the IM? Iā€™ve seen GM guys sand the ribbing down on their IM, but that seems like a lot of work to make it stick.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine's been on for a few thousands miles now and staying right in place just fine.
Sponsored