Sponsored

Insurance Quote

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I am in an unfriendly no fault state for insurance. I don't have a perfect driving record but at least I am 43 with a family. I expect I pay more for insurance than most do for their car but not far off the OP's quote for one Mustang.

I pay ~$7000 a year for 9 cars.
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
2015 GMC Sierra Z71 4x4 double cab
2010 Yukon Denali
2005 Mercedes SLK350
1992 Jeep YJ
1953 Chevy 3100 pickup
1968 Barracuda Formula S 416 stroker
1967 Cadillac Deville convertible
1972 GMC shortbed fleetside
Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I am not happy about the insurance situation. I have no accidents or tickets. When I first bought my '15, it was $456/6mo. Now, a couple of renewals later, its $571 or $1140/year. I talked to my agent (State Farm) and was told that the vehicle safety discount was removed on this car (he made it sound like it was all '15s, not me) and there was a change of liability rating group. He tried to explain that the claim data from all '15 Mustang claims shows an increase in claims so the rate has to rise. Now, I don't know if this is just my state (MS)? Everybody modding and tuning their cars to go like a bat outta hell and then they wreck 'em :(

I tried to get other quotes but they're all pretty close. MetLife is supposed to have discounts for my employer but they were $3,000/year! No thank you!

It really sucks that it keeps going up so much. I carry zero deductible comprehensive because I can't keep paying $250 every few months for a new windshield but the comp coverage cost didn't really rise much. Its all liability & prop damage.

Steeeliskt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Manual
These insurance threads are awful only because there are easily over 300 variables that go into the insurance rating algorithm and it is different for every carrier. Just stating your limits, location, and vehicle is not enough to compare apples to apples with anyone. Everyone has a different situation.

I can tell you, unlike commercial insurance, with personal auto insurance, rates are rates, they have to be approved with the department of insurance and there is no "negotiating". Best to find yourself an independent broker who works with more than 20 carriers and as long as they are good at their job they will find you one of the lowest prices available.

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
Used to pay ~$320 a month on my old v6 (that was my old car though) through State Farm. Now I pay $146 a month through TD insurance up here in Canada for a GT that is easily twice the cost.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I am in Florida, no points and pay $975 every six months with is up from when I bought the car so I am calling them to find out why it went up $100. Insurance is such a scam when we have to pay for those that drive around with no license and insurance which is a majority around here !

Sponsored

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I never bought insurance thru a broker who found a cheap rate with different carriers. I'd be a little leery of that because the broker might find a cheap rate thru some no-name company that I've never heard of and how do I know they will stand behind me?

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I never bought insurance thru a broker who found a cheap rate with different carriers. I'd be a little leery of that because the broker might find a cheap rate thru some no-name company that I've never heard of and how do I know they will stand behind me?
Yeah, sometimes you do get what you pay for. I was willing to take that risk with a shitty little Chevy S10 I had and it worked out great. Not so willing with this car lol.

15DIBGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush stage 3
77.00/month 33 YO State farm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
$103/Month

Male
Late-twenties
No accidents
No tickets
Never been pulled over

PIsenhour

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium Dark Matter Gray Metallic
Been with StateFarm for over 30 years. Have my house and all my cars with them. No points, no tickets and my Mustang with full coverage is $308 every six months

Sponsored

Azzurro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium. Race Red
You're getting boned. That's absurd.

aajohnny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT (Base)
I'm trying to save money on insurance and I'm about to order a 2017 GT Prem but I'm 23 in the State of Maryland and I'm afraid I'll get destroyed...

I have State Farm right now paying like $85 for a 2004 Honda Accord with really low coverage...

Anybody near my age in MD or VA?
Any recommendations for good insurance companies?
How much insurance do I really need or should have?

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
I'm trying to save money on insurance and I'm about to order a 2017 GT Prem but I'm 23 in the State of Maryland and I'm afraid I'll get destroyed...

I have State Farm right now paying like $85 for a 2004 Honda Accord with really low coverage...

Anybody near my age in MD or VA?
Any recommendations for good insurance companies?
How much insurance do I really need or should have?
MD rates are kind of high. Bare minimum is 30/60 BI they require PIP and uninsured motorist coverage. Can't go lower than that. I typically recommend higher limits but get as much as you can afford. Id probably do $1000 deductible to keep the cost down too.

Source: national agent Liberty Mutual

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium
I would drop that company for that quote alone......go find another ins company stat. This is not an ins company you want to be in business with
Sponsored