Insurance for drag strip?

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Does anyone know of insurance you can buy for a day on the drag strip?
I live in Pheonix, AZ. Took my car to the strip the other day and almost had an incident with the wall. Turns out spinning on a prepped surface and spinning on the street are 2 completely different things. Wanting to go again and push the car harder. Currently insured with Geico and they specifically state they will not cover any personal or property damage from the result of any racing or timed event. So I'm trying to see if I can get insurance for when I go to the track.

The only thing I found was Hagerty but they are only for HPDE and not any competitive racing. Is there any options available for me?
Sponsored

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
While your current policy states you're not covered, have you talked to Geico to ask if you can add it or change your policy where the would cover it? Don't worry by next year all the tracks will be closed in the Phoenix area anyways so it will no longer be a problem.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have tried for years and haven't had any luck. There were one or two brokers that seemed to offer it at one point, but as of last contact they dont have any companies that will insure a street car for occasional use at the drag strip. The ones I spoke to only offer it to basically professional dragsters at sanctioned events.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
While your current policy states you're not covered, have you talked to Geico to ask if you can add it or change your policy where the would cover it? Don't worry by next year all the tracks will be closed in the Phoenix area anyways so it will no longer be a problem.
Iā€™ve heard of people being dropped for even asking about it. Also seen multiple discussions about people talking Geico and them not offering anything for it.

Maybe Iā€™ll try calling them tho.

But yes bad time to get into drag racing in the pheonix area.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
I have tried for years and haven't had any luck. There were one or two brokers that seemed to offer it at one point, but as of last contact they dont have any companies that will insure a street car for occasional use at the drag strip. The ones I spoke to only offer it to basically professional dragsters at sanctioned events.
Damn, I really expected there to be a cheap ish insurance option.

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The old drag racers say to have the car pushed outside the track property before calling the tow service....

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1

Mach1soldier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 f150 EB
I have asked a lot of places.

Companies want you Either street or track. Not both.

Track people want to see a list of sanctioned events you go to and donā€™t like test and tunes. Track prep usually isnā€™t as good and safety crews may be slower or who knows what.

Road insurance will flag your account or say no.

Racing sucks in the insurance realm. Just a chance we take i guess

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Above is what I found, looked for a little bit after a scare. I don't think there is anything out there that would be reasonable.

FlatRock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N0404
I was wondering the same thing for the Tucson drag strip, not an easy question to answer today. Do the facilities require track insurance to run down or is it all at your own risk?

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I was wondering the same thing for the Tucson drag strip, not an easy question to answer today. Do the facilities require track insurance to run down or is it all at your own risk?
Its always at your own risk. As of right now, there is no company that will insure you unless you are a professional at a sanctioned event.
Sponsored