Sponsored

Insurance cost

adizlaja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Senata baby
Curious what it might cost to insure a GT350. I'm going to contact my insurance company as well but wanted to see what others typically see as far as the rate goes.

Also, if driving the car on a limited basis, is it a common process to get leisure type insurance, or whatever it's called? Any sort of things to keep in mind if going that route?
Sponsored

Puffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Black W/ Blue Stripes (H4044)
daily driver and it's $198 a month, i'm also 26 years old

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
There's a huge thread on this with tons of info. You probably won't get as many responses since we've had this convo a few times...I'd start there.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Too much

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
The biggest problem with insurance costs are the actual coverages, my policy with AIG runs about 2200 per year, but the coverage has more than other policies, yes I can get cheaper insurance but have to understand what I am loosing in coverage. I live in So Fl which has a high rate because of the number of claims, legit and not, high rate of uninsured or under insured, lots of factors. And my record is clean with over 45 years of driving.
So it's difficult to compare it's not apples to apples!

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
From what I've seen in the past, the insurance cost will vary more by person's age, driving behavior and location than by what insurance company they choose. I think here in flyover territory our costs are about 25% of some of the coastal areas.

You'll get a better answer on how much GT350 insurance will cost you by talking to your insurance company than polling people here. I hope that helps you.

stshoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Avalanche w/Black Stripe and roof, tech pack
I've got Statefarm and multiple car/house/collector car insurance. I pay about $115/month. SoFlo, not married, 35.

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
From what I've seen in the past, the insurance cost will vary more by person's age, driving behavior and location than by what insurance company they choose. I think here in flyover territory our costs are about 25% of some of the coastal areas.

You'll get a better answer on how much GT350 insurance will cost you by talking to your insurance company than polling people here. I hope that helps you.
Well said, too many variables to just trying to compare dollars, you just need an agent who can educate you on available coverage and buy what fits your needs best. Hopefully none of us will ever need to file a claim!

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Curious what it might cost to insure a GT350. I'm going to contact my insurance company as well but wanted to see what others typically see as far as the rate goes.

Also, if driving the car on a limited basis, is it a common process to get leisure type insurance, or whatever it's called? Any sort of things to keep in mind if going that route?
get a vin and plug it in for a quote on your insurance website.

The_Dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
State Farm wanted $1100 a year from me. I went with Corvette Museum insurance for half of that. It does have a mileage limitation though.

Sponsored

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I just switched to Haggerty. No daily driver. Just pleasure to 500miles, 500k coverage, $75k stated. $1600 year

Switched from Hanover who went from $810 year to $1350 because of so supposed gt350 claims and ACV and still pleasure use less than 5000 miles.

And I repeat. Every insurance company I've talked to or have had on any of my sports cars say "you are not covered if you go to a race track, whether a club, organized, timed or untimed or sanctioned or true racing event!" You are not covered you need a "track rider" or "track event insurance" this is extra and in a addition to

Just seems alot of guys go to the track without insurance lately which has been beaten into my head on my gt350 because supposedly a fair amount of claims have seem to be attempted and thus the rise in my insurance and on the gt350

Hope this helps you

crazyfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 & '14 GT Track Car
I just switched to Haggerty. No daily driver. Just pleasure to 500miles, 500k coverage, $75k stated. $1600 year

Switched from Hanover who went from $810 year to $1350 because of so supposed gt350 claims and ACV and still pleasure use less than 5000 miles.

And I repeat. Every insurance company I've talked to or have had on any of my sports cars say "you are not covered if you go to a race track, whether a club, organized, timed or untimed or sanctioned or true racing event!" You are not covered you need a "track rider" or "track event insurance" this is extra and in a addition to

Just seems alot of guys go to the track without insurance lately which has been beaten into my head on my gt350 because supposedly a fair amount of claims have seem to be attempted and thus the rise in my insurance and on the gt350

Hope this helps you
I hate auto correct. 5000 miles pleasure driving
Sponsored