Instrument Panel

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
On the inside of the plastic covering the speedometer and tachometer are spots. I thought they were on the outside, but no luck cleaning.

I bought my GT with only 6700 miles and 8 months old.

Any ideas?
instrument spots.jpg
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Strange. Did you check the service record Ford Maintains? maybe the dash was apart and the tech sneezed.

But since its on the inside, a dealer might take care of it under warranty. Pretty much a sure thing if you bought it from that dealer and a good chance otherwise unless they have a plausible explanation how you or the previous owner(s) did that.

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Damn. Wonder if that was the previous owner trying to clean it with something it shouldn't have been cleaned with? Maybe ArmorAll overspray that somehow stained it?

Sponsored

Coconut

Poptart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Magnetic manual
Not sure if that's mold or a reaction to harsh cleaning chemicals. I think you can order just the OEM plastic, it's <$80 I believe.

OP
OP
757DRVR

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
OP
OP
757DRVR

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Strange. Did you check the service record Ford Maintains? maybe the dash was apart and the tech sneezed.

But since its on the inside, a dealer might take care of it under warranty. Pretty much a sure thing if you bought it from that dealer and a good chance otherwise unless they have a plausible explanation how you or the previous owner(s) did that.
That's what I'll try.

OP
OP
757DRVR

757DRVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Not sure if that's mold or a reaction to harsh cleaning chemicals. I think you can order just the OEM plastic, it's <$80 I believe.
How hard would it be to change out?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Can you feel the spots? If so its prob water spots/chemical. Use a clay bar to wipe it off. Otherwise, good luck.

Sponsored

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Just like the video up to the part where you remove the acrylic bezel. Then just install a new bezel and reassemble everything in reverse order.

Hardest part of it all is the un-nerving of pulling on the parts and hoping nothing breaks before the clips all let loose!

However, if you have a CPO vehicle, I would try the dealer first like others have said.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Also certified pre-owned.
And they let that pass??? No wonder why many say CPO means crap with most brands. The only good thing about that is the extra warranty, but buyers should always do an independent PPI even with CPOs IMO.

pawl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did you ever get this resolved? My gauges have the same exact issue, and I don't feel anything on the exterior acrylic... looking to see what my options are. Might just pay the dealer to replace it... funny my gt was also bought used lol

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Did you ever get this resolved? My gauges have the same exact issue, and I don't feel anything on the exterior acrylic... looking to see what my options are. Might just pay the dealer to replace it... funny my gt was also bought used lol
Did yours have the issue when u got it or it came about?

pawl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Did yours have the issue when u got it or it came about?
When I bought it. Didn’t really notice it when I picked it up because it was later in the evening. But mine wasn’t a CPO, so kind of SOL. Tried wiping it with glass cleaner but it doesn’t seem like it’s any type of residue on the outside. I just bought a ESP for out of warranty cars and I have an inspection on Wednesday so I was going to ask about it then.
Sponsored