Sponsored

Digital Instrument Cluster go blank?

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Had this happen 3 times over the past month at highway speed. Display blanks for 5 sec or so. Took it into dealership and they said there's no TSB and could find no fault code.
Same thing happened to me. Brought it in to dealer. Said they couldn’t find codes and for some reason my VIN is not part of the recall even though manufacture date is in timeframe and flat rock assembly plant.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Same words I heard too.

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
My 2019 (built 1/16/19) has had the digital cluster go blank twice now, the second time just the other day with 16K miles. Had been on for 30 or so minutes then went blank on the expressway for about 10 seconds before it came back on. Has anyone resolved this one yet?

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
My 2019 (built 1/16/19) has had the digital cluster go blank twice now, the second time just the other day with 16K miles. Had been on for 30 or so minutes then went blank on the expressway for about 10 seconds before it came back on. Has anyone resolved this one yet?
Same exact thing happened to mine. 2018 EB Premium manuf 11/19/17. Called 800 number and raised hell after dealer told me the parts were on backorder for weeks. This was pre-COVID. This is a known issue with these dashboards and the fact that yours was manuf 1/16/19 means the previous TSB that only affected a small number of cars manuf through Nov 2017 means either the problem hasn't been solved or the vendor is rebuilding the bad displays and shipping them back out.

OrangCrush

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Auto 3.55 - X pipe,Roush axleback
I did the digital cluster swap in my 15 GT and it went blank on me while driving. Had to send it off to get repaired. Only had it in for a month.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'm not liking where this thread is going. Ha ha. I have a 2019 too, but built in August 2019. I figured Ford got the hang of them after 5 years, but guess not. Oh well. Hope that it doesn't crap out. But if it does, at least before warranty is over. I'd push to get it replaced, but you'll probably have to wait until a dealer can duplicate the issue. Typical. Please keep us posted. Good luck.

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Hey guys,

My 2019 GT had this happen today. I was at a light and took off normally and the cluster shut off for about 3-5 seconds and then popped back on. This is a huge safety issue and needs to be fixed. I am going to take the car for an oil change and get it documented by the service writer.

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
Hey guys,

My 2019 GT had this happen today. I was at a light and took off normally and the cluster shut off for about 3-5 seconds and then popped back on. This is a huge safety issue and needs to be fixed. I am going to take the car for an oil change and get it documented by the service writer.
Yes, make sure you get it in writing when they claim they "can't duplicate the concern." That's what happened to me and then two weeks later it died completely. Also, by now they should know this is a problem with these cars. Don't let them make you feel like you're imagining the problem. I'd bring a copy of this discussion thread as proof.

jsmaya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
My daughter has the 2018 eco boost that isn’t included with the recall. Her dash has been out for over 2 months & Ford wants $2000 to fix. If this is a problem, why isn’t this being resolved? Please post any updates on getting this resolved!

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
My daughter has the 2018 eco boost that isn’t included with the recall. Her dash has been out for over 2 months & Ford wants $2000 to fix. If this is a problem, why isn’t this being resolved? Please post any updates on getting this resolved!
Try a different dealer. They know full well there is a problem with these IPC's (instrument panel cluster). If you can't get any satisfaction, try the 800 number - 866-631-3788.

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
When was this digital dash issue supposedly resolved? Are we late 2019 owners out of the woods on that? Just curious. Thx.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Mine just did it for the second time, don't remember when the first time was, 6 months at least. Manufacture date 10/18.

w0rmwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
So my dealer ended up reprogramming it for free... here’s what my issue was and what they did to troubleshoot it.

6FF35AA8-F8F9-4A1D-B81C-1D2EB04E9DFF.jpeg

Ginger1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
That's basically what they did to mine. Two weeks later it died for good. Hopefully you will avoid that.

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2 hours drive today and the cluster turned off twice... No bid deal.
But on the way back (another 2 hours) it literally turned off and back on probably 100-120 times. When I was 30 mins away from home it was off- on -off- on. I have a 5 minute video while car was running showing that is going crazy.
Anybody has any info about this issue? If it happens later today or tomorrow, it will go to the dealership.
Sponsored