Sponsored

Infotainment issue yesterday

• Thread starter Deleted member 35644
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 35644

The stereo in my car decided that, by God, I was going to listen to 80s music on my commute home yesterday.

I cranked the car to start my commute home, and the stereo resumed playing my I-pod. I switched over to Sirius when I got out of the parking garage, and that's where it locked. It was playing the 80s channel, but would not let me change channels, change to FM, change to Ipod, or even power it off. The only control I had was volume. Steering wheel buttons had no effect. Screen buttons would push, but had no effect.

I shut the car down at the next stop light, and opened the door so the stereo would shut off. I gave it as long as I could, re-started, and the stereo immediately resumed playing the 80s channel, without the normal initiation with the Mustang logo beforehand. No buttons worked. All other screen functions (climate, etc.) worked fine.

I got home, shut it down, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Pushed the start button to turn the car on in accessory mode, and the system initiated with the Mustang logo, and the radio began playing. All functions returned to normal.

BUGS. Just like my 2012 Focus Titanium. Some days I long for my old Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette.
Sponsored

Cuongpn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I got used to it lol, its a Ford, you know, even if its a 40k bucks Ford. SYNC3 is buggy as hell!
Never have any issue with a cheap Honda's infortainment before.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've had weird things happen like that too. Often mine insists on playing AM radio. I also had the navigation freeze up. I had to give it a long shutdown before it started working. I could see no user way to reboot it.

Anopther thing it does that drives me crazy is it will start streaming BT or Android Auto with the volume muted. I drove around for a couple hours yesterday before I realized my phone was streaming data the whole time. Some people on here insist this is proper behavior but I've never seen another system stream data when muted.

IMHO, it's the worst info system I've seen on the market but many people do seem to like it.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The stereo in my car decided that, by God, I was going to listen to 80s music on my commute home yesterday.......
I'm struggling to find a down-side to this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 35644

I never like to have my choices taken away, even if I like my only option. LOL

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
The stereo in my car decided that, by God, I was going to listen to 80s music on my commute home yesterday.

I cranked the car to start my commute home, and the stereo resumed playing my I-pod. I switched over to Sirius when I got out of the parking garage, and that's where it locked. It was playing the 80s channel, but would not let me change channels, change to FM, change to Ipod, or even power it off. The only control I had was volume. Steering wheel buttons had no effect. Screen buttons would push, but had no effect.

I shut the car down at the next stop light, and opened the door so the stereo would shut off. I gave it as long as I could, re-started, and the stereo immediately resumed playing the 80s channel, without the normal initiation with the Mustang logo beforehand. No buttons worked. All other screen functions (climate, etc.) worked fine.

I got home, shut it down, and let it sit for 15 minutes. Pushed the start button to turn the car on in accessory mode, and the system initiated with the Mustang logo, and the radio began playing. All functions returned to normal.

BUGS. Just like my 2012 Focus Titanium. Some days I long for my old Pioneer AM/FM/Cassette.

I’m pushing 60 so I would consider this “giving the customer what he wants” and is a payable supplement to keep teenagers from changing my music as soon as they get in the car... :cwl:

15BluStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Sync 3 is run by a computer and like any computer when you are having an issue, the first thing you do is reboot. In this case turning off the power forced a reboot.
Sponsored