Sponsored

Indicated Speed Error on Waze

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
Yep, both connected and not. Waze is having issues w iPhone gps

Gf’s does it too
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Not working on Android either. The speed for the most part shows correctly but jumps all over the place. Every few seconds jumping 2, 6, or 10km higher then returning to normal for a few seconds only to jump around again. Could be a useful feature as you can set it to warn you if you happen to be driving too fast. Had to turn this feature off as it's unuseable.

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Interesting thread on the Waze forum related to CarPlay:
https://www.waze.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=267276&start=460

Obviously not a solution for Android users, but the Android Auto thread is (at least for now) the very next thread in the forum.
So this is a Ford Sync issue from what I gather. According to that thread Waze gets it's speed and positional data from the car. How does it do that if the car doesn't have GPS? Do all trim levels report GPS location info?

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I have two vehicles with CarPlay, one without. In all vehicles if I run Waze just through the phone, speed is accurate. The two with CarPlay (both GM vehicles) are both 2017 models. One reads the speed accurately. The other shows the speed in Waze at exactly half of my actual speed. This vehicle is also the later built of the two.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TicTocTach

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I don’t know if CarPlay is getting any info from the car’s vehicle speed sensors, or just some sort of conflict between gps data sources. I know my car has gps as part of the nav and connect. Cadillac and Mercedes are having similar issues, and I bet they all have some form of on-board gps.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
As mentioned earlier in the thread, 3.0 Build 19149 addresses this speed mismatch.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
As mentioned earlier in the thread, 3.0 Build 19149 addresses this speed mismatch.
Is that an official or unofficial release? its not populating on my ford.com as new download for me, but I did find it on google. wondering if it will become official release soon

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Is that an official or unofficial release? its not populating on my ford.com as new download for me, but I did find it on google. wondering if it will become official release soon
19149 is an official release. I know it's out in Europe, I think it also is now in NA via dealer update. The one floating around (that I've seen) is just the main apps package (-381) taken from the EU updater. That file is not region specific.

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I don't think it's just Waze. I have the same thing happen with any GPS based speed app when usb is connected. Don't even need to have CarPlay active.
I was seeing this also with my "go to" speedometer app, "Speed Box". Glad to see it wasn't just me. :)

Sponsored

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Trying to update to 19149 gets the old mem_err03 on non nav. Already installed voice pack from a Nav and still get's the error.
Only updated the other packages without gracenotes and voice pack and it updated. But for some reason doesn't want to install the voice package with LST_ERR07

Someone having the same issue?

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Only updated the other packages without gracenotes and voice pack and it updated. But for some reason doesn't want to install the voice package with LST_ERR07

Someone having the same issue?
Check your install script. Do you have Item1 and Open1?

jackieboy8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible V6
Fixed it by Installing all the packages again just without the .AR file and without the Gracenote file (around 700mb file) Then the voices were fixed.
Then did the same but without the Voice file. Now everything is working fine!
Sponsored