Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I read this on Steeda's website under the adjustable bump stops:

"For the track. It is not recommended to use these bumpstops on the street. They are designed for use on smooth track surfaces and will provide better handling when cornering. When installed properly and set at the correct height for your springs, the handling of your Mustang is more predictable."

I wonder what the reasons are. Which set should I go with for a mostly daily-driven car with Steeda progressive lowering springs and stock shocks?

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-...stop-kit.html#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2020

or

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-555-4...mper-bumpstop#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2020

Thank you
It’s been a long while since I wrote this review. After long-term testing of these stops, I recommend soft bumpstops for street use. I use BMW stops with my Bilsteins; Eibachs are a great option too.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Which set should I go with for a mostly daily-driven car with Steeda progressive lowering springs and stock shocks?
neither. The Steeda units basically don't compress. The Ford ones are stupid stiff.

Grab a set from Eibach and shorten them by the amount you're lowering your car. Or just cut off 1/2 to 5/8 of the original length. The shock should never touch the bump stop except in the most severe suspension crash, IMO. If you leave them 'long' they act as tilt limits.

Last edited:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The shock should never touch the bump stop
I thought so also. But after extensive testing the best ride and cornering come with using the bump stop. Ford engineered the rear suspension around using the bump stop.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT

Sponsored

Järn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, Ruby Red, A10, B&O, AE

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Are these stock bump stops just cut or frpp stops? I’d really like to use the adjustable ones since they are the same price and not just cut.
They are different from the frpp in durometer. They are highly recommended for street use.
Our urethane adjustable are more suited for the on track enthusiast.

Steeda Tech

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I thought so also. But after extensive testing the best ride and cornering come with using the bump stop. Ford engineered the rear suspension around using the bump stop.
It really depends on how you're using them. If you just want a stop so the damper doesn't make internal contact or to stop the car from a 'hard' bottom, then short and stiff is for you. It's completely valid to use the bump rubbers as a ride spring to allow a spring rate progression, though. Many of these styles of bump rubber are 'constant' contact, but in the initial bit of the travel they're very soft. At the end of their travel, they ramp up.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
What bump stop does Steeda recommend for a 1/2 inch drop (Min Drop Lowering Springs)?
personally I would chop 3/4"-1" out of the Ford ones and cut off the plastic collar off the rear ones. Otherwise buy and cut down the Eibach ones.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
What bump stop does Steeda recommend for a 1/2 inch drop (Min Drop Lowering Springs)?
Steeda recommends trimming 1” from the front and rear bump stops. Steeda Tech may have some additional advice but that is what we have included in our installation instructions.

Sponsored

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
They are different from the frpp in durometer. They are highly recommended for street use.
Our urethane adjustable are more suited for the on track enthusiast.

Steeda Tech
Oh ok gotcha. Are the cut ones you sell good for most lowered cars? I’m on bmr handling springs for now and frpp track shocks.
I do plan to get the steeda adjustable ones at some point. Will these be ok for both?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Oh ok gotcha. Are the cut ones you sell good for most lowered cars? I’m on bmr handling springs for now and frpp track shocks.
I do plan to get the steeda adjustable ones at some point. Will these be ok for both?
You should be just fine with the Steeda poly foam.

Steeda Tech