Sponsored

im very amazed at how well equipped mustangs come - why buy anything else?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Sounds like a pandemic special
You are probably right. I had to buy a fridge and dishwasher last year, both were lemons and both were from great brands I've used for years with no issues. But dont get me wrong, i flipping love this car. Somehow i put more miles on it in 3 months than i drove my prior vehicle all last year.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
My Mustang is a "premium" but it's the 400A package. I would have had to pay quite a bit more to have digital dash, active exhaust, adaptive cruise control, B&O sound system, etc., or the PP1 pkg that I wish I had gotten. I don't see that it's all that different from other cars in paying more for options. It definitely is a great value overall in terms of horsepower and driving enjoyment.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I agree and disagree. I have the base GT with 301A, and because I live in Toronto, heated seats is a must for our Canadian winters, yet it's not even an option unless I opt for premium (yes, cloth seats don't get as cold, but heated seats still helps). Same goes with heated steering wheel (which may qualify more as a luxury option). Both of these options are standard on almost all Hyundai's and Kia's now, so why didn't Ford add that? I appreciate the co-Pilot 360 options being standard, but frankly I don't need forward collision warning, nor do I need lane keeping assist. I would trade those for heated seats in a heartbeat.
Ford is weird with their trim packages, they lock certain features behind the higher levels.

To be fair to Ford, what actually comes standard in these cars is a pretty decent list. Even a 300A comes with power adjust front buckets, something very few other manufacturers give you at low trim levels. You also have standard keyless entry with proximity sensing handles and the touch sensor to lock the car. And standard autodim rear view mirror. I also like that they don't lock the track apps behind higher trim levels or with the performance pack. Line lock and launch control are just standard items for the GT.

So yeah, heated seats being an option for a 301A package would be nice, but I suspect Ford doesn't want to have them separate from the cooled seats for assembly reasons and thus it's paywalled the way it is.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It's like a baby Aston Martin that does everything well and it's still worth owning after the warranty runs out.
That is *exactly* what I think the car looks like from the side view.

Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am absolutely in love with the fact that for $40k you get 460hp car that is frankly, B E A Utiful, with the heritage of a '67 fastback, and a million aftermarket parts readily available to make your Mustang truly and uniquely yours. I have been a Mopar guy my whole life and this gen Mustang changed my mind. Really, why would you buy anything else?
When I was deciding on purchasing my first car, I initially wanted the challenger but I started to see other options just because it was a lot of money to spend on a vehicle. Once I drove the mustang and saw the comparison of the available options with the camaro and the mopar, I just could not justify going with any other vehicle. I am very proud and happy with my vehicle.

BlueJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT
I agree, mustangs at least the GT are def worth the money. I was kinda effy in buying the digital dash one but Im so glad I spent the extra and waited to find the perfect one. The only car I was kinda wanting instead the GT was a Supra. I didnt get the Supra due to the BMW relibilty and no back seats in the supra, plus it was smaller inside wise. Looks wise I personally like both. But, best moneys worth was def the mustang. More power and tq in the mustang plus its a N/A so no boost issues or turboes to worry or wait for.

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
With my gt premium i'm getting rain sensing wipers, leather seats, rear sensing, remote start, led lights, pretty much everything i could want and stuff i didn't even know existed

for the same price you can get a challenger scat pack and it doesn't even have leather seats and pretty much everything is an additional option

heck even if you got a rav4 or a highlander you'd have to add about 10k to the price to get rain sensing wiper blades

i hate this world because people don't talk plainly and they keep beating around the bush - mustangs are the best cars in every aspect in their corresponding brackets. Looks, reliability, value, performance god damn this world and all its BS!

Even if you buy a new c8 corvette you'd have to add 10k to the price to get the package for blind spot monitoring system!!!!
Just picked up a base shadow black, GT, 6spd, optioned with 301A, safe & smart, security, blackout pkg, 3:55 rear, active exhaust. Did not want leather, wanted cloth seats. car is perfect, most everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't want. paid $40k. Making my own "performance pack" with the $6500+ I saved not getting a PP1, and it will have better suspension, tires, brakes, etc when I'm done with it.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
I agree, mustangs at least the GT are def worth the money. I was kinda effy in buying the digital dash one but Im so glad I spent the extra and waited to find the perfect one. The only car I was kinda wanting instead the GT was a Supra. I didnt get the Supra due to the BMW relibilty and no back seats in the supra, plus it was smaller inside wise. Looks wise I personally like both. But, best moneys worth was def the mustang. More power and tq in the mustang plus its a N/A so no boost issues or turboes to worry or wait for.
Exactly what I thought. The money was a real concern but the comparison overall with other vehicles was the deciding factor. The performance package is Ford's bread and butter and I almost did not get it but the wife sad you won't be happy! Love her! Too old to be crawling around under the mustang anyway. Thanks for a great post everybody cause I suffer from spending a shit load of money!

Sponsored

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Just picked up a base shadow black, GT, 6spd, optioned with 301A, safe & smart, security, blackout pkg, 3:55 rear, active exhaust. Did not want leather, wanted cloth seats. car is perfect, most everything I wanted, and nothing I didn't want. paid $40k. Making my own "performance pack" with the $6500+ I saved not getting a PP1, and it will have better suspension, tires, brakes, etc when I'm done with it.
I like your idea but I have heard really good things about magnaride. I have the exact specs as you but looking back I wish I had gotten the magnaride option so I would have had to order the performance pack with it as well. How would you go about taking care of those adaptive dampers with aftermarket stuff. I am asking as it might help me as well. Enjoy your car, I got a good deal on mine too :)

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I like your idea but I have heard really good things about magnaride. I have the exact specs as you but looking back I wish I had gotten the magnaride option so I would have had to order the performance pack with it as well. How would you go about taking care of those adaptive dampers with aftermarket stuff. I am asking as it might help me as well. Enjoy your car, I got a good deal on mine too :)
I had/have no desire for magnaride option, none whatsoever. Going to install a performance suspension, weighing options now. To each his own but why spend $6500 or more for an option pkg that you;re going to rip out the springs and/or dampers and/or sway bars for......better performing springs, dampers, and swaybars, magnaride or no magnaride?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
With my gt premium i'm getting rain sensing wipers, leather seats, rear sensing, remote start, led lights, pretty much everything i could want and stuff i didn't even know existed

for the same price you can get a challenger scat pack and it doesn't even have leather seats and pretty much everything is an additional option

heck even if you got a rav4 or a highlander you'd have to add about 10k to the price to get rain sensing wiper blades

i hate this world because people don't talk plainly and they keep beating around the bush - mustangs are the best cars in every aspect in their corresponding brackets. Looks, reliability, value, performance god damn this world and all its BS!

Even if you buy a new c8 corvette you'd have to add 10k to the price to get the package for blind spot monitoring system!!!!
Except for the hating the world part, I agree 100%. Mustangs are awesome.

The world is actually a pretty great place.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
But the GPS is worthless in any urban area.
What issues have you had with the GPS? My last Mustang didnt have GPS, but I have found this one to work so well in NYC I dont use Google anymore.

kauljp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I had/have no desire for magnaride option, none whatsoever. Going to install a performance suspension, weighing options now. To each his own but why spend $6500 or more for an option pkg that you;re going to rip out the springs and/or dampers and/or sway bars for......better performing springs, dampers, and swaybars, magnaride or no magnaride?
I didt realize that there are better options than magnaride for active damping. is this true? I gathered from most sources that magnaride was the best option available. Could you enlighten me on a thread that has alternative active damping suspension setups?
Sponsored