Sponsored

I'm in a trying to learn mood

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2000 Camaro Z28, 2010 Challanger RT Classic
So ! We have a 2018 GT and discovered that the fog lights are off when lights are turned on. We have to manually press the button for the them to turn on.
It there any easy access settings to have them turn on automatically ?

Our other vehicles, Camaro, Challenger, Toyota Highlander all have the fog lights come on automatically on start up

And now a question for the more adventurist. Has any of you figured out how to have the fog lights stay on with the hi beams ?
There seems to be a setting in the FORScan program.

On my 2000 Camaro with dual headlights. I have the fogs stay on with the brights and low beams all on at the same time. But that was a rewiring mod.
Same thing on Wife's 2010 Challenger but that was programmable.

In my state and I believe in others it's legal to have a max of 6 front iights on at once. Works great if in deer xing territory
Sponsored

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Negative. Fogs illuminate close-range only.
Really ? I haven't tried them yet.
On our other cars they're also close range, but spread out wide to cover the sides of the roads. Head lights go out ahead and do very little for side views.
Hi & low beam  016.jpg

Deleted member 33561

Guess you know fog lamps are for going slow in heavy fog to enable you to see close up. High beams cause the light from the fog to be reflected back into your eyes making vision worse.

OP
OP
jay gee

jay gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess you know fog lamps are for going slow in heavy fog to enable you to see close up. High beams cause the light from the fog to be reflected back into your eyes making vision worse.
Yes I do, and they can be still used independently. But on a clear night the fogs make for a brightly illuminated wide frontal area. At least on our other cars.
Believe me, I have lots of experience with deer, or other animals crossing across the roads and causing damage and accidents. Like I wrote, I believe there's a feature of having the fogs stay on with the hi beams, when using FORScan. Honestly I don't know much about about the app.

Sponsored

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
I grew up in Michigan and learn to drive there. Lots & lots of wild life near the interstates. Fogs are near useless for early warning. Driving lights aimed where you need them are better.

Deleted member 33561

The low & high beams on my GT are awesome. I don't see the fog lights adding much except for very close up. If you are over driving your lights then fog lights are no help anyway.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
This car could really use some kind of active directional lighting. There is a bit of a blind spot to the near sides up front. The fog lights help a bit with this range.

I have a bunch of dark, narrow and twisty roads to my house. They make a difference in seeing where I'm turning.

I think they stay on between key cycles.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP
My Fogs stay on between key cycles with my lights in auto mode. If yours don't, you may want to get that looked at.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Yes, with the headlights left on Auto mode the fogs will come on automatically with the headlights if you leave them on. If you manually use the headlights you will have to turn the fogs on independently each time. There is no stock way of using the fogs with the highbeams. You will have to figure out how to change the programming or figure out a wiring work around if you have to have it that way.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
It sucks that the fogs go off when manually turning off headlights because I use my headlights only when I need them and I don't like them coming on off all the time, tunnels garage overcast surely gotta wear out the hids sooner. But when I do turn them on it's really dark and deer/bats/cat sized possums everywhere. Need a manual switch for fogs...

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I drive a commercial vehicle with flat untinted mirrors. I cuss those fog lights ever night. I just turn my mirrors down now because everyone thinks that having them on helps. They blind truck drivers.
Rant: People quit using bright lights in the rain please (and flashers)

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I drive a commercial vehicle with flat untinted mirrors. I cuss those fog lights ever night. I just turn my mirrors down now because everyone thinks that having them on helps. They blind truck drivers.
Rant: People quit using bright lights in the rain please (and flashers)
People around here just drive with the hi beams on all the time regardless of time of day or traffic.

Middle of the day in bright sunlight? Hi beams.
Heavy traffic on the highway? Hi beams.
Back roads with oncoming traffic? Hi beams.
Coming home from the bar at 10pm on a tuesday? Forgot to put the lights on at all, got pulled over.

Rinse and repeat.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
People driving around with fog lights on all the time is my pet peeve. They don't help you see in non-foggy weather, but they do help blind oncoming drivers. SO annoying, especially all the brain dead sheeple in their little jelly bean SUVs with their stupid little fog lights on every single day of the year. Actually, even worse are the jerks in pickups who bolt on extra lights nice and high on their front end - eye level to me in my car.

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
No offense..but if OEM fog lights are "blinding other drivers" maybe they aren't adjusted correctly?

Fog lights - if adjusted / installed correctly - are a big advantage on dark roads where deer love to play chicken with cars.

My pet peeve is the idiots who retrofit aftermarket LED or HID headlights into housings not designed for them and blind everyone on the road.
Sponsored