Sponsored

Ignition corrections on downshift throttle blip

eXtremyst_v1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost PP
Hey guys, just wanted to get a little insight on something curious I'm experiencing.

I have a manual eco on the Cobb stage 1 93 tune. When blipping the throttle for a downshift, I sometimes see negative ignition corrections around -1. Sometimes I see ridiculous numbers up to -4ish. They're never sustained, they come and go as quickly as the blip.

It's just offputting to see the historical minimum at the negative number for that session and was wondering what you guys' experience is with this. I don't think it's the tune either, I had a similar experience using 93 on the 91 ots tune.
Sponsored

chadhtx40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Magnetic Metalli
Hey guys, just wanted to get a little insight on something curious I'm experiencing.

I have a manual eco on the Cobb stage 1 93 tune. When blipping the throttle for a downshift, I sometimes see negative ignition corrections around -1. Sometimes I see ridiculous numbers up to -4ish. They're never sustained, they come and go as quickly as the blip.

It's just offputting to see the historical minimum at the negative number for that session and was wondering what you guys' experience is with this. I don't think it's the tune either, I had a similar experience using 93 on the 91 ots tune.
You would want to be more concerned at WOT. Still though I'm MT custom tuned and I don't have too many negative ignition corrections on my car. Are you using stock plugs as there is a pretty decent market out for aftermarket plugs, I've used Denso's for over a year and it's helped out, but you can make a decision on what you want to use. One step colder does do a good job and help out with ignition corrections. Lots of people will talk about NGK, Denso's and Brisk. Denso's have done the job for me and zero issues.