Sponsored

If it wasn't for the S550, what would you be looking at?

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R

bpang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 WRX, '11 Forester and '15 Forester
Being that I am finalizing a divorce that could go all the way until January (that is the court date but I think we will settle out of court) I can't place an order so I will be among those of us that have to either find the one I want or order and wait until later in 2015.

So it's given me the chance to bide my time to see what all the magazines say about the S550 GT before making the final decision.

Right now, it is between a 2009-ish BMW M3, 2007-ish Porsche 911 and the S550 GT. The Porsche is in the lead.

GTowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Prem
If I could not keep my '13 ? '13 Corvette. I think a few used Vettes will appear as people want the Stingray. I would never trust a mechanic to turbo a BRZ so I need power from day 1.

danielc

photographer
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcarusophotography.com
First Name
daniel
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp recaro
I too have considered the C7 as an option, but unfortunately for me in my life right now I am out about $300 bucks a month to make that payment for an Z51 1LT.

I have driven my brothers and it is a great car, I love the view out if this Corvette; the hood lines are very nice out the drivers view. The forma factor of the Corvette is something I would like more than my current 14 Mustang.

Has anyone in the US looked for how tough it would be to get a 14 or 15 C7? I know this one was ordered Sept 13 and didn't delivery until May 14 here in Canada. And I do believe allocations for 15 year were taken too around me. Not to mention dealer markup on supposed 'new' cars with 1-5K KMs on them already. It is nuts how much the C7's are going for in stock cars.

I unfortunately have little to no money down, so a used car with more interest will cost me just as much as the new one; payments are the same. I will keep my order for the S550, I don't see another car in this price bracket I would want. Unless a 13 Shelby deal came along, but thats not happening =].

5.0GT

Threads
Reaction score
If I didnt love my 2013, I would go out and buy a cts-v....corvettes are second.

Sponsored

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Had previously considered something with some off-road capabilities but I would never want to pay for the gas or deal with the lack of power. I did think the Subaru XV crosstrek was interesting, but I still love my current Mustang too much to trade it in for that.

Also looked at a '14 GT back in April but it just didn't feel right & the look seemed mismatched (base manual 14).

Then Ford released the prices for the S550 and I said well hot Damn I can afford this! If it wasn't for the S550 I would just keep my trusty V6 until Ford came out with a new Mustang!

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
Had previously considered something with some off-road capabilities but I would never want to pay for the gas or deal with the lack of power. I did think the Subaru XV crosstrek was interesting, but I still love my current Mustang too much to trade it in for that.
Lack of power? If the raptor is lacking in power, I need to broaden my horizons on what cars I am looking at lol.

Maybe ones in a different price range lacked power?

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Lack of power? If the raptor is lacking in power, I need to broaden my horizons on what cars I am looking at lol.

Maybe ones in a different price range lacked power?
Yes, I should have said they are not very quick, as in overall driving. Accelerating with little effort, holding speed through a corner, getting across an intersection in no time...

Sure a Tundra or F150 have great low end grunt and can get up to speed nicely, but they also cost 70-80$ to fill up! And don't try to corner with them too fast :p

With the 4 cylinder Subaru I'd be having to drop 3 gears instead of 1 or 2 to pass someone :shocked:

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
Yes, I should have said they are not very quick, as in overall driving. Accelerating with little effort, holding speed through a corner, getting across an intersection in no time...

Sure a Tundra or F150 have great low end grunt and can get up to speed nicely, but they also cost 70-80$ to fill up! And don't try to corner with them too fast :p

With the 4 cylinder Subaru I'd be having to drop 3 gears instead of 1 or 2 to pass someone :shocked:
That makes more sense, but then I wouldn't expect an off-road oriented vehicle to do those things lol. I hear the raptors actually get moving pretty good for a 6k pound truck lol.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
If you poke around a little starting with "Ford Raptor Nurburgring", you might stumble across [ame] and a few other short videos where Tanner Foust takes a Raptor around the Nurburgring. You don't get to watch a whole lap, just a little talk about "let's do this" with a few brief takes where he's driving over curbs for no apparent reason.

I gather that the run was popular over there because it was so different from anything people had ever seen.

Norm

Sponsored

Don's Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500. 2018 C63S
Probably a Fiesta ST. That car is so fun it's unbelievable.
Yes they are a lot of fun, but for not much more money the Focus ST is a much more enjoyable driver. Yes if you just want to take a Fiesta ST out to beet on for a day, go for it. But if you want to live with one every day the Focus ST is a much better car

Before I decided to buy my 15 Mustang, I test drove a C63AMG, a Audi RS4 and a BMW 435i. The only one that impressed me was the BMW, the C63 had the best engine, but the trans was terrible, the Audi was fun, but the quarto system just felt numb. The BMW felt light. nimble, shifted great, and was the most fun. Though to spec it out the way I would have wanted was over 60 grand. and not even a M4 that's 80 grand

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
That makes more sense, but then I wouldn't expect an off-road oriented vehicle to do those things lol. I hear the raptors actually get moving pretty good for a 6k pound truck lol.
You are correct plus they can actually accelerate a little better than a standard f150 depending on package but overall is probably an awesome daily driver plus awesome offroading AND let's not forget those wintry months. For a truck, they handle rather well, well, at least my FX4.... great acceleration and handling and fun as hell to drive.....and jump...lol downfall is mpg on the raptor if you drive crazy.... it will hurt your pocket. I've got mixed driving and I usually get 300miles out of 3/4 tank of 26gal

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4

My F150 fx4 handles and takes corners rather well... love the power u turns[emoji2] I drive it almost like a car but I also know the limits of the truck

OP
OP
OppoLock

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Yes they are a lot of fun, but for not much more money the Focus ST is a much more enjoyable driver. Yes if you just want to take a Fiesta ST out to beet on for a day, go for it. But if you want to live with one every day the Focus ST is a much better car

Before I decided to buy my 15 Mustang, I test drove a C63AMG, a Audi RS4 and a BMW 435i. The only one that impressed me was the BMW, the C63 had the best engine, but the trans was terrible, the Audi was fun, but the quarto system just felt numb. The BMW felt light. nimble, shifted great, and was the most fun. Though to spec it out the way I would have wanted was over 60 grand. and not even a M4 that's 80 grand
That C63's transmission... woof. It has the response times of a sloth. Fine if you leave it to itself in full auto, but man, if you want to select a gear using the paddles or console shifter you better schedule it in advance. Makes some amazing noises though; lift-throttle overrun and throttle-blipped downshifts sound like a multi-shot gun salute.

Fun fact: holding the left paddle down or transmission lever to the left will make it rapid-fire downshift to the lowest possible gear. Sounds incredible.

Too bad the rest of the car isn't up to par with the engine. I've tried driving it multiple times at the limit and you can feel the weight shifting between all four corners in a really unsettling kind of way.

pj.singh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mercedes C63

eh m3/m4 didnt impress me that much. roush stage 3 mustang was more fun in my opinion. that was my deciding factor. but if a semi cheap c63 black series comes up then the mustang is out the door for me hahaha
Sponsored