Sponsored

If buying Long tubes , What or who’s fit the best?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Oh shit that’s a great price for kooks with green cats!
Yeah, that's why I was looking for it to be a scam first and it's also on my credit card in case I have to go that route... lol. From what I've seen though, it's legit. It will probably take a long time to get them but I've got plenty of time.
Sponsored

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Any known brand should work. I usually go with what my local shop is a dealer for that way they can guarantee proper install and help with any warranty if needed. Usually in the past it has been kooks.

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
I know long tubes are a somewhat beat up topic, but not really anything for answers when searching such.

So to who have installed many sets of shop Guys/owners who have, which long tubes would you buy today based on fit first and finish and price after.

I have a 2015 Gt and I wasnt going to right now, but just did a full borla 3” catback and it’s not loud enough..lol
I went with Kooks 1 7/8" with green cats,.. Borla Atak active ... full 3" (no reducers). If you want louder run scavenger pipes. I cold start mine in quiet mode as it's over the top obnoxious until it calms down 45-60 sec...

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Pay $50k+ for a car………bargain shop to save $500 on headers :crazy:

if you’re going to do something, do it right. There isn’t enough of a savings to go cheap when the labor to fix a potential problem is so intense.
I couldn't agree more... you never have the money to do (buy) it right the first time, but it magically appears when you're fixing a mistake. Header fitment is critical... you may find your ECM pulling timing because the knock sensor detects your headers hitting something... it's so important you should watch how you position your clamps...!

mkcotton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, that's why I was looking for it to be a scam first and it's also on my credit card in case I have to go that route... lol. From what I've seen though, it's legit. It will probably take a long time to get them but I've got plenty of time.
I paid a lot more (>$2,100) for my kooks with green cats, but got them in 3 days last fall... but worth every penny... they pay dividends at every start, every heavy footed acceleration... you know what they say, "loud pipes save lives"... oops wrong forum - well it works!

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But why pay $1400 for a $200 part.
With the price of SS tubing I'd say 550 to 750 is a fair price for headers. I mean you make the jig and it takes what, an hour to weld them up. I'd say a good welder could do a set in an hour or less

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Has anyone installed Stainless Power LTH with OEM connection pipe? I'm just trying to see how the fit was, and welds ETC? Thanks

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
I’ll admit
I’m no closer to deciding which ones from when I started this thread..

Lol
I Don’t want to do it twice or have problems..

Problem is a lot of them are oos

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I just had a shop install my kooks longtubes with cats and he said he will never do another set of them lol.. he said they fit awesome and look and sound great but the bolts were a lot harder to get in vs some of the other sets he had installed ( all Stainless works or Texas speed) I love them.. but I didn’t install them.

OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Also, after installing the Headers and uploading your tune, does the check engine light freak out once in a while still?

@GR1MxREAPER nice
curious what the charge was fir installing and how many hours that was?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mustangfreek

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15’ GT
Also.anyone see any good deals on some this holiday weekend..post up.. :)

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’d be very surprised to see a good sale on LTHs anywhere. Big ticket items like LTHs, clutches and transmissions have always been very hard to stomach.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Beefcake is having the normal 10% off site wide sale for Memorial day along with other specials.

Think Lethal is doing something similar.

Holiday weekends are great times for deals on big ticket items.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Cant go wrong with LTH, Stainless Power, Texas Speed, Kooks. We have guys running them all and to be honest, the most popular ones are the LTH or Stainless power. You can get a set of Stainless power at a 1/4 of the cost of a set of Kooks and you will get the same result. If youre not wanting to break the bank and get a nice set of US made, go with LTH, oversease made go with Stainless Power
Sponsored