Sponsored

Ice white mustang Taillights

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Has anyone heard anything about lead times on these Ice white tails?
Levittown told me when I placed my order yesterday that they will be shipped sometime in May
Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Levitown told me 5-10 days today, but I've learned with previous orders before with them to take what they say with a grain of salt. Steeda told me approx. 2 weeks and Ford Performance said they are in stock now. Blue Oval says they have them in stock too.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Has anyone heard anything about lead times on these Ice white tails?
Could be wrong but I think I was told Levittown was getting them first week in May.

FWIW If I had to bet, they and other retailers will have more orders by then than they can fill from their first batch.

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15ā€™ GT
Humm..I was already in contact with steeda about some parts. I asked them real quick

Just got this reply back, so take it for what itā€™s worth, as I curiously asked if they knew , Iā€™f they would fit the 15-17 cars

ā€œ The feedback we got is it's a different assembly on the previous year Mustangs - they indicate it will not work. ā€

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Humm..I was already in contact with steeda about some parts. I asked them real quick

Just got this reply back, so take it for what itā€™s worth, as I curiously asked if they knew , Iā€™f they would fit the 15-17 cars

ā€œ The feedback we got is it's a different assembly on the previous year Mustangs - they indicate it will not work. ā€
Not buying it. If they plug into '18s they will plug into any. Communication with the rest of the car or voltages could be different in theory, but (a) there would be no need for that and (b) if it is, do you or anyone believe Ford said while designing the 18's (back in 2016-17), I'll bet we'll release white lense versions in 2022 with different voltages or programming needed for the BCM, etc. so lets build that into 2018s. Million to 1 unless Ford went to the trouble of adding code to these to detect if the car is 18 or newer and refuse to work otherwise. Not a usual strategy to spend money just to drastically reduce the number you can sell.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Probably. BUT in that scenario, more red lumens would be pumped out during the day than at night which would not explain looking pinker in the day.

The Ice White/Stealth lights are almost certainly the same as the UK lights but with US programming for the sequential turns, etc. and the elimination of amber LEDs.
Hi again :like:

Sorry for the delay, I was out last night so I only had time to get the night shots, the day shots followed this morning :like:

I tried to take them from the same angle for a direct comparison :

Angle 1 :

1650524790609.jpeg

1650524815223.jpeg

Angle 2 :

1650524864943.jpeg

1650524982996.jpeg

Angle 3 :

1650525009920.jpeg

1650525031351.jpeg

On the above photos I would say the iPhone has taken a little red out of the night shots (they look more red to my eye in real life) but it has captured the pinkish hue seen in the daylight quite well.

Iā€™ve missed the opportunity for a fourth comparison shot now, but in the daylight the pinkish hue is most noticeable from an angle where you only see the reflected light, rather than the core of the light directly :

1650525223722.jpeg

I can confirm the lights defo have two intensities, shall we say a daytime running light and a night light (although in all honesty, I havenā€™t checked the full logic behind when each mode is used).

I have the EPM sequencers in my lights and when I unlock in the day, I get the retina burning red light before it settles into the daytime mode shown above.

What I canā€™t confirm is how the U.K. / euro lights compare to your USDM ā€˜iceā€™ lights.

Hope that helps ?

WD :like:

Edit for some bad English :like:

Last edited:

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well I ended up ordering a set. The MP Concepts I have worked good for as long as I've had them, but the left side always builds moisture and it stays. I had an issue before where it screwed my light up until I dried it out. I was never a fan of how dull they lit up either. I just tried another brand, but they ended up just being Renegades. If I had known that I never would have bought them. The lights are bright and look great and I'm a fan of the smoke look, but the gaps are insane. The fitment sucks and its not my trunk. They are worse then the Vlands and the gaps with those were bad enough. Hopefully these will look good, but if they do have a pink hue that is going to be a bit of a let down imo.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I hope they don't really look like this:
1650553843257.png

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Well I ended up ordering a set but if they do have a pink hue that is going to be a bit of a let down imo.
I'd put money on them looking exactly like the UK/Aus/etc white taillights. @WD Pros pics above is probably just how these will look when on unless the UKs use their amber LEDs in conjunction with the red. I can't imagine any reason for Ford to use different lenses or color LEDs although I guess they could be brighter or dimmer to meet regs for a market.

Last edited:

Mustangfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15ā€™ GT
Not buying it. If they plug into '18s they will plug into any. Communication with the rest of the car or voltages could be different in theory, but (a) there would be no need for that and (b) if it is, do you or anyone believe Ford said while designing the 18's (back in 2016-17), I'll bet we'll release white lense versions in 2022 with different voltages or programming needed for the BCM, etc. so lets build that into 2018s. Million to 1 unless Ford went to the trouble of adding code to these to detect if the car is 18 or newer and refuse to work otherwise. Not a usual strategy to spend money just to drastically reduce the number you can sell.
Ya. Iā€™m not $650 sure yet then...lol
theres a guy or 2 above with a 15-17 thatā€™s guinea pigging sorta..

Im watching this thread but gonna hold off till my ocd is sufficed with someone else info ;)

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Ya. Iā€™m not $650 sure yet then...lol
theres a guy or 2 above with a 15-17 thatā€™s guinea pigging sorta..

Im watching this thread but gonna hold off till my ocd is sufficed with someone else info ;)
I've a good chance to be the first 15-17 to receive them. Money where my mouth is.

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
The OEM for the Mustang tail-lights is near me, and a friend of mine is an engineer there. As a benefit of that, I have the ice white taillights on my '16. In an attempt to answer some questions that I picked up on while super quickly skimming through the thread here:

1. Yes, the ice white taillights are just euro lenses with NA internals/electronics
2. Yes, they work just fine on Gen 2 cars
3. At night, when they're lit, the lights are so bright that you really can't tell the lenses are clear

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The OEM for the Mustang tail-lights is near me, and a friend of mine is an engineer there. As a benefit of that, I have the ice white taillights on my '16.

Yes, they work just fine on Gen 2 cars
This is gonna hurt my plan to make enough from bets with people who think they won't to pay for the set I ordered. šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­

nedim1991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Magnetic Metallic GT
This is gonna hurt my plan to make enough from bets with people who think they won't to pay for the set I ordered. šŸ¤¬šŸ˜­
Sorry brother, I'm just big on getting helpful information out if I've got it.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I am not surprised in the least that in sunlight these will have a slight pinkish hue to them. Lens is clear and the red and yellow light mesh together to create that color and obviously at night you have no color mixing in with that unless these have enough intensity to wash out more of the sunlight than aftermarket ones.
Sponsored