I wonder if we’ll ever see another GT350 type Mustang from Ford

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Now what I would like to see, and would buy, is a big block mustang with the 6.8 “Godzilla” variant
With coyote style heads. 850 HP stock
Sponsored

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Except for the engine.

The DH is the Mach1 equivalent, not the 350.
Yeah for sure closer to the Mach 1. No question the voodoo is a cooler and more track oriented engine than the coyote 4. But price is closer to a 350 🤦
You two are on the money right here. Much closer to the Mach, not even close to the 350.

And really, it’s arguable how close it is even to the Mach but no need to get into that tit-for-tat here. I will say though WTF is up with the whole more HP + more weight = no better performance thing? And no tunability yet extra connectivity to the mother ship? The iPad dash? Throw in a name with zero heritage behind it and it’s hard to take seriously.

Anyway, the GT350 is feeling no heat from the DH.

Johnny maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 maverick xlt fx4 4k lux 89 cougar xr7 5spd 84
Even if ford did do something with the s650 it still will be a s650. The dash , nose, tail don't do it for me. I will never go to the Dorkside.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I would never buy a Dork Horse.
I would only consider it if they offered analog gauges.... I will NEVER buy a vehicle with a G@d Da#n I-Pad for an instrument cluster.
NEVER....!!!!

I'll buy an old '69 Mustang before I buy an I-Pad vehicle................... I still have my timing light & gapping points is no issue.

GAPPING POINTS DISCLAIMER
If you are asking yourself, "What does 'gapping the points' mean?" Then enjoy your future I-Pad dashboard vehicle... it suits you perfectly.

Last edited:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Shoulda been the 60th anniversary edition.. instead of that abortion they rolled out.

Sponsored

loucas-2021

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Louis
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
I would never buy a Dork Horse.
I'm with you there. I feel like the DH should have been what the new Super Snakes are, maybe tuned down from 830hp to 575 or so. Don't even want to think about how much ADM they would pile on that.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would only consider it if they offered analog gauges.... I will NEVER buy a vehicle with a G@d Da#n I-Pad for an instrument cluster.
NEVER....!!!!

I'll buy an old '69 Mustang before I buy an I-Pad vehicle................... I still have my timing light & gapping points is no issue.

If you are asking yourself, "What does 'gapping the points' mean?" Then enjoy your future I-Pad dashboard vehicle... it suits you perfectly.
Hey Dave, do you remember borrowing one of your Dad’s business cards and soaking it in lighter fluid to clean those points before gapping them? Which, BTW, I thought always worked just as well as a dwell meter without having to buy one. And then there was the time honored method of cleaning spark plugs with a dip into the lawn mower gas followed by lighting them up and a wire brush rubdown. It wasn’t easy being a broke-azz teenager but it was fun!

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Hey Dave, do you remember borrowing one of your Dad’s business cards and soaking it in lighter fluid to clean those points before gapping them? Which, BTW, I thought always worked just as well as a dwell meter without having to buy one. And then there was the time honored method of cleaning spark plugs with a dip into the lawn mower gas followed by lighting them up and a wire brush rubdown. It wasn’t easy being a broke-azz teenager but it was fun!
You are spot on my friend...!!!

Remember vacuum line leaks?

G-Ride Garage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang, 1996 F-250, 2017 Shelby GT350R
NEVER....!!!!

Exact reason I went with a GT350 over a brand new Mustang.

Sponsored

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
I believe I saw in another thread on this forum that the Shelby license was not renewed for S650. Couple that with the Dark Horse name instead of bringing back the Boss nameplate, the responses you received makes sense. A little shortsighted on Ford’s part IMO. Those of us that know and love the nameplates of old still have greater purchasing power than the new generation they’re targeting. What 20 to early 30 something is going to be able to shell out $65-$80k for a DH anyway?? Not many.

I get it, at some point you have to push forward, a mid cycle refresh seems to be the best timing for that IMO. Use the 60th to give us one last hit of the great names of the past and maybe with 65 year anniversary hit it with the new nameplates. But they clearly didn’t ask me LOL.
The license is still in affect. That doesn't mean there will be a car

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The license is still in affect. That doesn't mean there will be a car
Good to know. Is it just an on-going license or do they renew/decline for each generation?

Or, put another way, does it cover Shelby models produced by Ford starting at S197 and go in perpetuity covering future models? So Ford can use it in any model year, but they’re paying whether they use it or not?

Last edited:

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
After having a small group discussion with the brand manager at Barber's for the 60th, I think Ford is done selling Shelby TBH. They are pushing Ford Performance. Shelby will continue to do its thing, but the last two Shelby were in name only and all it did was add to the cost for Ford and ultimately buyers. The next higher end performance Mustang will be a Dark Horse variant or possibly a Boss but more likely a DH as they are really pushing hard to get younger buyers who do not have a tie to Mach, Boss, or Cobra.

OP
OP
young at heart

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After having a small group discussion with the brand manager at Barber's for the 60th, I think Ford is done selling Shelby TBH. They are pushing Ford Performance. Shelby will continue to do its thing, but the last two Shelby were in name only and all it did was add to the cost for Ford and ultimately buyers. The next higher end performance Mustang will be a Dark Horse variant or possibly a Boss but more likely a DH as they are really pushing hard to get younger buyers who do not have a tie to Mach, Boss, or Cobra.
Yeah but do so-called “younger” buyers really dig performance cars? I mean really? At the risk of stereotyping I’d think they’d be more into green stuff and EVs, connectivity, etc. If you go read the S650 forum regularly you’ll easily get the feeling that it’s a kinder, gentler place than the S550 hangs.

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
It's all marketing/sales. all the trims (gt350/500/mach/boss/bullit etc) will come and go. It literally is designed to drum up sales. That's why every generation doesn't just launch with every trim ever made. As much as I love my Mach it legit was to encourage more sales on a generation that was on its way out.
The dark horse was to encourage more sales for a generation starting.

People love "new" and "limited" the 350 will come back. Or it will wait 20 years like the Mach did. Just depends 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored