Sponsored

I think i am regretting Race Red due to Police breaking balls daily.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
I haven't had my car that long but the attention and constant Police pull overs is now gotten to my limit. I am never speeding or driving reckless its the sound and color with stripes that makes them itching to break balls. I had a State Trooper follow me for 8 miles today just to pull me over on my no front plate, once i showed him the paperwork he was just a total prick saying my exhaust is not legal etc, no tickets today but the 40 min detain really sucked and made me late to family dinner with Mom.

its happening almost every day, they see the car or hear it, follow me, tailgate seeing if il speed up past the speed limit to then bust me for speeding. Im not foolish enough to fall into their traps but this is really getting old fast for me at my age.

has anyone here with a Race Red Shelby experienced such nonsense? If this doesn't stop i am going to be forced to sell the car for a different color. I cant enjoy the car with my nerves on edge every single day. I always had black daily drivers and i have red vintage Shelbys but those are rarely taken out but the attention this new GT350 is getting is more than i anticipated.
Sponsored

NYC350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R,2011Raptor Supercharged,2018 Raptor , 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
I think it's just bad luck, I never been stopped with my GT350 in the city and even with the exhaust on the loud mode the cops even not bother to give a look.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I would hazard a guess that you're doing something to draw attention to yourself. Whether by the way you drive, or your speed. I strongly doubt it is the color.

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
wrap it

Sponsored

Mspeedster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue Track Pak
I think it's just the car, not the color. It just attracts attention, both good and bad. I've had several similar situations with the cops following me carefully, just waiting for a reason to pull me over. In almost all cases I'm just driving normally. Never happened to me before in any of my previous German or Japanese make sports cars.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Your just a source of revenue for state county and local revenue hounds on patrol ...
Change the subject and start explaining how much of an enthusiast you are of the Mustang ;Shelby's ;

State of mind Dude ... Be cool Stay cozy ...................

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Its multiple things that add up.

Maybe color, but not alone.

Add no front plate
Plus loud exhaust with 4 tips
Plus side and hood vents
Then the stripes

I haven't even gotten to what the driver can do to add to it like revs and fast (although not over the speed limit) accelerations.

Mustangs are known for being modified cars and modified cars are something traffic police may look for. Lets face it, not every police officer knows the difference between a modified mustang and a GT350. All they know is that it looks different so it must be modded.

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
I haven't had my car that long but the attention and constant Police pull overs is now gotten to my limit. I am never speeding or driving reckless its the sound and color with stripes that makes them itching to break balls. I had a State Trooper follow me for 8 miles today just to pull me over on my no front plate, once i showed him the paperwork he was just a total prick saying my exhaust is not legal etc, no tickets today but the 40 min detain really sucked and made me late to family dinner with Mom.

its happening almost every day, they see the car or hear it, follow me, tailgate seeing if il speed up past the speed limit to then bust me for speeding. Im not foolish enough to fall into their traps but this is really getting old fast for me at my age.

has anyone here with a Race Red Shelby experienced such nonsense? If this doesn't stop i am going to be forced to sell the car for a different color. I cant enjoy the car with my nerves on edge every single day. I always had black daily drivers and i have red vintage Shelbys but those are rarely taken out but the attention this new GT350 is getting is more than i anticipated.
I had a race red with white stripes GT500 in Texas. Only had one incident where the cop thought I was going to be speeding when I turned a corner with out slowing down much. I was going the speed limit and slowing down for the school zone. Looked in my mirror and he was hard on the binders just about rear ended my. He gave me no grief though.

All the cops that I talked to about the car were very friendly and ended up telling me stories of high speed chases and how they wished they were driving the Shelby.

Not one pull over in all of Texas.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I haven't been stopped by police yet. Though one did ask me how much power I had. Must depend on area. But no front plate is a easy reason to stop you. Believe it or not the cops will start to recognize your car. I told one once my plate fell off and he said he'd seen my car for months with no plate.

In sports mode I'm not sure it's legal sound wise so if I see a cop I put it in quiet. My last car was yellow and I got stopped mainly for noise.

The amount of police around NYC recently borders on absurd though.

Where in NYC are you.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
That's why I got black no stripes. I like the loud colors but I don't want the attention. I also leave the exhaust in quiet if I see a cop around.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Wow that sucks, are you in sports mode when driving ? Are your windows tinted ?
My car draws no attention from authorities whatsoever, i actually pulled along side one police cruiser last year and the two cops kept talking together like my car didn't existed, of course i had switched to normal mode just prior. :headbonk:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I gotta believe it's mostly attitude and location . . . I have a Comp Orange with 14K miles that is my daily driver and I have not been pulled over once or bothered in any way.

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I have been pulled over once for dwr (driving while red). The car was very new and didn't have plates on it yet. I saw an officer parked on the side of the road. I came to a complete stop at a stop sign, and ass I took off he lit me up.

He was very nice. He asked why I didn't have plates. Then he asked me if it was fast, what kind of mustang it was, how many hp, asked if it was blown... At one point I asked, "Do I need to get out my Drivers license or insurance? Basic response was Hell No I just wanted to ask about your car. He was a good guy and it only took a few minutes, which I had to spare. I suspect that the same car in white might not have been stopped, but it's just conjecture.

Krogen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Oxford White & Blue Stripes
It probably is a combination of things - the color being one of them.

I get a lot of attention from other drivers, both good and not-so-good. One gal followed me into a parking lot to ask about the car. Asked to take a picture. I had a county sheriff wave at me as I went by him on a two lane road recently.

The cops have left me alone, despite no front plate and loud exhaust. Could be they can see my gray hair through my non-tinted windows. Some other drivers have been jerks, though.
Sponsored