Sponsored

I think i am regretting Race Red due to Police breaking balls daily.

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I'm good with the stops if that is their choice. I'd just like for an infraction to be committed, other than owning a cool car. The only other guy I know with a GT350 is a cop, he does not have a front plate and never will. He said he does not badge anyone or expect favors, but in his words, "that is a ticket only a prick would write". I defer to his judgement.

We are both pleased with ourselves for owning a car that was all but impossible for either of us to own when were were younger and more ticket prone. And at the end of the stop, when you hit the start button, your GT350 sounds like a truckload of awesome and he goes back to a much slower and far less awesome car.

Cops are like everyone else, some guys hate fast looking cars, some guys admire them. I don't put them on a pedestal. A drunk driver killed my dad about a decade ago, the city cops commented on camera, my dad shouldn't have been in the road. The guy was blind drunk at 230 in the afternoon and my dad was legally crossing the road. I brought them all copies of the state laws and asked them to educate themselves before disrespecting my father any further. Every job has a few winners, even law enforcement.

I try for a little humor and just enough smart a$$ to be annoying. If I'm guilty I do try and talk it down, but I don't get nasty, there is no point. I like driving 5 over and I like to pass lap traffic on the highway.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I should don my flame suit, but what the heck...

There are 'those' cops out there. I too, once paid a cop cash for a ticket that never appeared on my record or was reported. But for every one of 'those' cops, there are multitude more who are not that type. Many who appreciate our rides and several here in this forum who contribute without posting all the negative debt.

Now what does this banter really boil down to? How 'bouts: 'Poor me, I have a cool car and get pulled over because of the car!' No sympathies here. We have a car that attracts attention, good and bad. But the passive aggressive whine that you have to deal with such injustice because you drive a cool car??? Why not just pat yourself on the back and enjoy. Skip the theatrics and fish stories and remember life is not always fair. But hey, you got a GT350 to even the score.

Now who has a link to the witness protection program? :bandit:
How refreshing... what a logical response!

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The way things are going in New York City, your next police stop could be a therapist who spends an hour questioning what needs you have that are not being met and offering a hug, counseling or therapy instead of a ticket.:crackup:

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
I have a hunch this issue of getting stopped is not so much the car, I have a Competition Orange GT350 that has been my daily driver since January 2016. I have yet to be stopped once in this car in the 35,000 miles I have been driving around Chicago. I am not a passive driver by any means, and there is some skill (and a little luck) not getting targeted by law enforcement. I have watched a few people trying to race me on the street get pulled over while I drive away. That is just a matter of bad judgement and timing on their part. And yes, the car still puts a smile on my face every time I get in and drive.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have had my car 4 years and have never had a issue.anywhere. it is loud to.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I have a separate CCW permit than driver’s license in SC... it’s purely optional to inform an LEO about my packing status.
I do not know of a state that combines your drivers license and CCW. Don’t know what you mean by the above statement.
I do know, depending on the state, if your plate or DL is run, it may show you have a CCW. Some counties here in California require you to divulge if you are carrying when in contact with law enforcement for any reason, some do not. If your permit requires you do, that applies for every jurisdiction you can legally carry, even out of state.
I was curious weather you were required to divulge due to the statement you made about all the Po Po responding.

Tony_the_Brit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't been stopped in 3,300 miles - but I have had 2 cops pull up alongside and yell compliments.

By contrast, when I had my modified Crown Vic I got stopped at least twice a year just so they could look at it - never got a ticket though.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
It's not the color it's the driving style, or lack of.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get your car wrapped..

Sponsored

Buckwampum

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (which replaces my 2011 GT500, which replaced my 2002 Z06)
I have a separate CCW permit than driver’s license in SC... it’s purely optional to inform an LEO about my packing status.
Before I escaped from NY, I had a CCW license there. I was told by a friend in LE that having said license automatically meant you had a NYSPIN (NY Statewide Police Information Network) number established. It's the same flag that felons have, lets the officer know you are special. You didn't have to say a word and they knew you might be armed. I'm guessing many other states have the same type of system.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Before I escaped from NY, I had a CCW license there. I was told by a friend in LE that having said license automatically meant you had a NYSPIN (NY Statewide Police Information Network) number established. It's the same flag that felons have, lets the officer know you are special. You didn't have to say a word and they knew you might be armed. I'm guessing many other states have the same type of system.
Interesting...

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Do not think that's the case in GA. NY, Well what else would one expect?

Even if this were true here, not concerned . Only thing that is a concern, keeping it renewed LOL

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Never heard of such a thing. Sounds like a bad idea off the top of my head.
Sponsored