Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The HP package transforms the Mach 1 to a much better looking car in my opinion.
The base one with the base wheels and no splitter and the wang just looks plain in comparison.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Damn I wish Ford would update the "Build It" feature to include the '21 MY.
I called my dealer and "built it" that way. Looking forward to hearing when I can expect the car. Nice to know they're starting to come out of production.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I sure hope Ford improved their MR programming (clearly inferior to Camaro) but also didn't just stupidly crank up the compression across the board to give that "harsh so it must be good" crap that seems to infest those who don't know anything about good suspension.
Isn’t that the truth? A really good sorted suspension simply works with no drama.

Meateater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thought I would share this with you with the Ford person I spoke with today. She was parked in downtown Rochester and as I went to take pictures, she rolled down her window and shared with me some information about the Mach 1.

She has experience tracking some Mustangs including the GT350, PP2, Bullitt. She was driving the manual trans and said it shifted very good. I mentioned the long gearing on the Bullitt and she said that the car drives firm but the transmission/clutch engagement is very good on the Mach 1. She also said the best car for the money to track was the outgoing PP2. Really nice lady and now that I have seen the blue one in person, I think that is the color I will order.

Added: She told me that the handling was between a gt350 and PP1. Ride a bit firmer than the Bullitt.

IMG_20201210_155650684.jpg

IMG_20201210_154327141_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201210_154334632.jpg

IMG_20201210_154341421.jpg

IMG_20201210_155644484.jpg
Rochester, MN in December and no snow to be found! Double lucky.... new Mach 1 sighting and weather that allows one to drive it! :)

Sc00ter

Sc00ter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow GT Premium w/50th Appearance
I wonder if the shifter ball was unique to her car or are all Mach 1 manual trans going to have that big shifter ball. The shifter ball looked like a pool ball.
When I bought my 2015, I immediately ordered a big white Hurst shifter ball (from Speed Dawg, I believe) that’s the same size all 60s muscle cars used. It fits the palm of your hand perfectly. The one in the Mach 1 is probably the same size.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Ill tell ya, I definitely am excited about a more affordable GT350 with a better engine! Still undecided on color though

Dodge isn’t planning a Hellcat Pacifica, but imagine getting excited about a god damn minivan because it has an engine :facepalm:
I think what is completely missing is that it is not a GT350, doesn’t have the capability of a GT350 and the “engine reliability” is way overhyped. This is nothing more than a Ford parts bin car. A used GT350 with a warranty would be a more compelling deal, but to each are their own.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Rochester, MN in December and no snow to be found! Double lucky.... new Mach 1 sighting and weather that allows one to drive it! :)
Rochester, Michigan I'm guessing.....but Rochester, Minnesota has no snow either at the moment.

It's a rare year when you can use your fun cars in December up here.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think what is completely missing is that it is not a GT350, doesn’t have the capability of a GT350 and the “engine reliability” is way overhyped. This is nothing more than a Ford parts bin car. A used GT350 with a warranty would be a more compelling deal, but to each are their own.
Nah, it’s definitely more like a GT350 with a more reliable engine. Well tuned suspension, super wide tires, high attention to aero and cooling... all it’s really missing are the GT350 brakes and LCAs, which are very easy to upgrade... and all that for less cost than a GT350. Plus, it comes with an engine that ISN’T known to grenade itself on track in stock form, so that’s a bonus

I certainly wouldn’t buy a used GT350 with an unknown history and halfway-used warranty, let alone buying a new one for more money. This will be the perfect car for people who want to hit the track but don’t care about telling people “LOOK AT MY SPECIAL SNAKE”

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed Jake. So sick of people thinking the GT350 is the most special car ever because it's a Shelby. Parts Bin? So is the 350, look at the interior, its the same as my 15GT
I'm not saying the GT350 isn't special because I love the car but lets get real, it a special edition Mustang just like the Mach 1 is
I drove the GT350 and its awesome but not really any faster than my GT driving around on public streets.
Why so much hate on this car??

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I’d wager that as long as Ford didn’t neuter the car like they did with the PP2 (they have no reason to now, seeing as the GT350 is discontinued), the auto car will put down faster lap times than the GT350, and the manual will be even, or at worst, a couple tenths behind. We already know it’ll put down higher lateral grip, and it’ll put down better braking numbers. The question Mark lies in whether the 20hp along with the significantly improved gearing will be enough to make up for the PP2’s deficit in acceleration, and whether Ford will tune the suspension to be as compliant as the GT350’s

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Agreed Jake. So sick of people thinking the GT350 is the most special car ever because it's a Shelby. Parts Bin? So is the 350, look at the interior, its the same as my 15GT
I'm not saying the GT350 isn't special because I love the car but lets get real, it a special edition Mustang just like the Mach 1 is
I drove the GT350 and its awesome but not really any faster than my GT driving around on public streets.
Agreed, ChitownStang. I put a Power Pack II on my '15 GT Premium and have all the hp & torque of the GT350. Brakes and suspension can be bumped up if I wanted. I love the car, but the Mach 1 is a special edition Mustang, just as much as my first car -- '69 Mach 1 -- was a special edition. Which is why I'm getting the new one. And for the haters, if you're not interested that's fine. But why throw the hate?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
20,000 dollars buys you the right to sniff the rarified air. And make sure everybody damn well knows it. You know like Vegans and Cross-fit. I always associate it with:

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Agreed, ChitownStang. I put a Power Pack II on my '15 GT Premium and have all the hp & torque of the GT350. Brakes and suspension can be bumped up if I wanted. I love the car, but the Mach 1 is a special edition Mustang, just as much as my first car -- '69 Mach 1 -- was a special edition. Which is why I'm getting the new one. And for the haters, if you're not interested that's fine. But why throw the hate?
Do you remember what upgrades the original '69 Mach 1 had in regards to the normal Mustang GT?

Last edited: