I need a little push

domingos35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Currently drive 2005 F-150 STX
I am this close to going out to my Ford dealer and ordering a new 2016 Mustang GT Premium but just cant take the next step.Dont know why :shrug:
Fear?Dont want to get into debt? (Have $0 debt right now ) but will soon have a $170000 mortgage.
I want one so bad ,my 2005 F-150 is not cutting it ,I need something more refined and the only car I am even considering is the Mustang GT :ford: :love:
Oh and I CAN afford it.
anyone else is this situation?

Thanks
Sponsored

LIUTOFSIK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
You need a test drive

Tcstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT premium- Ordered
Yeah a test drive and your done. I wasn't even looking but test drive one while I was with a friend and was sold on it.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Do the mortgage first so that goes off without a hitch and then order your car. :)

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Go for it but as other poster mentioned make sure your mortgage goes through first. Ordering they shouldn't have to run a credit check so you really shouldn't have to worry

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Same situation but nothing to do with mortgage/debt.

If you are doubting it, then that your gut/instincts telling you not to do it. I would listen to your gut over anyone here on the forums.

I can totally afford a new GT but my instincts are saying you need to wait, especially now that the '16 Camaro threw down and literally 1-up'd the Mustang in most ways. Unlike Mustang, they didn't hold anything back. They put all the bells and whistles (maybe too much lol) and the reviews are coming in really well on those test drives. Also with them putting out a new V6 and with all the options, just kinda irks me Ford really d--ked over their loyal V6 crowd.

So my gut is telling me to not go put my deposit down and just wait another 12 months. I guess you can go through this forever...

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
As others have said, spend your money first on an appreciating asset not the depreciating liability.

If you have the means to do both, then do both but I'd use the money you'd spend on a mustang towards the house first.

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I am coming from a Camaro. Waited to order until after the new Camaro reveal. Big disappointment for me on the new Camaro. GM lacks any quality on the interior

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
I have been waffling back and forth about ordering one. My last car payment on my wife's car is in October. I'm driving a 2001 F-150 Super Crew.... primer coming through, leather torn up. I have convinced myself that I am going Tuesday to order my 2016. I'm going all in with all the options except the Recaro seats. Go for it.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I am coming from a Camaro. Waited to order until after the new Camaro reveal. Big disappointment for me on the new Camaro. GM lacks any quality on the interior
I didn't think the reveal was that great either, but as the articles are coming out from the various web publications, magazines, etc...almost all of them are heaping praise on the next gen '16 Camaro. So much it's making me re-think my '16 order and possibly waiting to get the '17. Hate it but Chevy really up'd the competition here and these reviews of just their V6 are really good...even with just 1 lap...

Sponsored

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Buy a house first just to make sure the car doesn't complicate that deal. If you still want a car, buy it. But you may find that you want to spend some cash and time on your new house and that a car isn't as important at the moment. That's fine too. Remember the mustang isn't going anywhere, you can get one at any time.

Trailhiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
Get the house mortgage taken care of first. If there is still the craving to get the Mustang immediately after taking on that debt , then figure out how to make it happen.

Sometimes taking on the house debt will cause you to delay the car expense for a while. LOL. Not having a car payment is a beautiful thing.

Good luck on your decision!

HappySquirrel

W85 Whale Oil Tune
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB PP CO, 97 Pathfinder 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in a similar situation. Despite the fact that I have enough money saved to easily put over half down (I've been driving the same econobox for 9 years) I'm still nervous about getting a new 'Stang, just because it's so much money to commit to spending. I agree with the others about the mortgage, though. Definitely take care of that first. You never ever want to take on any debt or change your job or life situation (if you can help it) before the mortgage goes all the way through. Otherwise, they can screw you with a bigger interest rate or even nix the deal altogether even at the last second. Don't even apply for a car loan until your mortgage is completely done and you have the keys to the house!
Sponsored