FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They arrive Friday, Rohana RF2. brushed titanium.

Should I ceramic coat them the day I get the wheels? how long would they last from frequent regular soap washings? how often do you need to reapply? I figure since they are 100% brand new, it would be ideal to seal them like 20 minutes later in my garage.

post up the best product for me to do.

should I try and seal the barrel as well? think it would help prevent dust sticking or nah? only do the face

I see turtle wax seal and shine thrown out all over google, is that a decent coating for wheels?
Sponsored

S550_GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I will definitely read, or I actually just may call adams in a moment about its use on wheels.

Do you feel coating your wheels is worth it? will it really last years? if it will make them look better, and make easier to clean in general it would be considered a win.

also, I would ceramic coat my motorcycles too since the bottle says it can do like two cars worth.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
I wouldn’t suggest anything on the barrel before mounting tires with sticky weights. They won’t adhere properly if they’re coated.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
im going to have tires mounted, then drive home 10min drive, and then toss in garage and do 2 layers of it.

just spoke to adams, they said before the new stuff came out, the 9h wheel specific one was what was needed, but the new 10h graphene is used for everything, kind of redundant and the 9h wheel one will most likely be removed in near future.

he said though its recommended use the bottle within a week, as it can start too crystalize? that blows. but, honestly I guess I will be doing both motorcycles, my wheels, and my car. he said I should have enough to do everything twice with one bottle, as motorcycles dont take much.

I just want to burn through the little bottle is all. I will simply hose the car down, dry it use alcohol/spray and as prep, and put down ceramic. im not claying or polishing, im happy with my cars appearance now, simply going to toss it as a gloss enhancer/protectant. I already have PPF and etc.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
can I toss ceramic on my black plastic trim around car?

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I auctualy ordered the adams 9h wheel specific coating and they sent me the graphene coating instead. Not sure if it was a mix up or not but i also ordered their spray coating as well to try out. My car is already coated with cquarts uk. Carpro delux is specficly used for wheels and ive herd good things about them.

To answer your 1st post, Yes i would coat the entire wheel including the barrel. Also according to their website the graphene coating is good for glass, trim,wheels and paint.

I did put a sealent on my wheels and it made them easier to clean untill it wore out.

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Being brand new, you have the perfect opportunity to apply a Ceramic coating to them.

Once the tires are fitted, I would coat the wheel face and wheel barrel. This will make them easier to clean in the future as well as protecting the finish.

CarPro DLUX can be used on wheels and exterior trims with a up to 2 years longevity.

IMG_6860.jpg

I applied it to the various un-painted trims on my Mustang and plant to coat the wheels in the future.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I mean that works too, If you are lazy id at least try their spray coating. I just applied their graphene spray coating to my apex wheels just to see durability. In the spring ill apply their bottled graphene coating.

You have new wheels which removes alot of the prep work. Id just put a coating on now tbh.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wasn’t so much lazy the container I was looking at once open it goes bad

the spray idea is appealing to me more that way I don’t ruin it after first use

which would you recommend? Best spray on stuff. Wheels are still clean, just sitting in garageon car

78F100E6-5DA8-446E-81CC-E510797411C3.jpeg

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I would look at adams graphene spray coating or the 303 graphene coating.

But to be completely honest with you, if you spend the 30+ bucks on adams graphene spray coating you might as well just buy car pro delux for $10 more and it will last up to 2 years vs adams 1 year.
Also the prep work later on, if you decided to do a full blown coating, will be much more work.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t mind the work, but the graphemes bottle I wanted, they said a week after you open it if you don’t use it all it will be spoiled.

so lost that idea. But if these don’t expire once used in game

is this it? Can I use it on all the black exterior trim? That would be cool if makes it black like photos again. Not saying it’s faded but to looknice fresh would benice

I’m on iPhone sorry for errors

8C06C88A-31BE-45D2-9B0C-6CEDC1BF2F52.png