I think I have a problem :)

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So I have always been the type to keep my vehicles reasonably clean but getting my Mustang has awakened a much deeper love for keeping my vehicles as clean as possible. Thanks also to @DFB5.0 my obsession has grown :) Over the last few months I have invested in tons of new products and chemicals, and today I added another piece to the arsenal. Gone is the old gas powered leaf blower for drying. Man getting the water off my car will never be faster now. This thing is insane, like a hand held tornado :). Got a stubby nozzle on order for it. Really looking forward to my weekly wash this weekend.

IMG_0678.jpeg
Sponsored

bfeng12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Benny
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2021
Awesome man! I borrowed a friend's electric blower (I think it had around 450 CFM). It worked alright for me. My car wasn't waxed or coated, so there were still miniscule droplets on the car after blowing. Had to finish it off with a microfiber.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Awesome man! I borrowed a friend's electric blower (I think it had around 450 CFM). It worked alright for me. My car wasn't waxed or coated, so there were still miniscule droplets on the car after blowing. Had to finish it off with a microfiber.
My gas powered one was kinda like that. I sprung for the 730 cfm model on this one. And what the interwebs say it should run about 10 minutes on the 4ah battery and I have 2.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Gotta put in a plug for Metrovac Master Blaster. (Thanks again, Tom.) No worries about batteries and the air is heated which speeds things up further.

No doubt we all have our favorites and I have no experience with all the other "blower" offerings, but you can run this unit without worrying about batteries, (that will be useless in a few years,) and I routinely get my vehicles completely dry (even the nooks and crannies,) in about 15 minutes.

Highly recommended.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Gotta put in a plug for Metrovac Master Blaster. (Thanks again, Tom.) No worries about batteries and the air is heated which speeds things up further.

No doubt we all have our favorites and I have no experience with all the other "blower" offerings, but you can run this unit without worrying about batteries, (that will be useless in a few years,) and I routinely get my vehicles completely dry (even the nooks and crannies,) in about 15 minutes.

Highly recommended.
That is definitely a nice unit. I could see that being valuable for someone that details multiple cars or a daily pro and has a dedicated shop space. For the weekend warrior that works outside with no power outlets nearby, battery or gas powered is ideal. Plus the Ryobi unit I bought is about half the price. Definitley not a perfect solution but a good compromise of power and run time.

Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Without access to power, Alex, you have probably found one of the ideal battery-powered blowers. Plus, if you are outside drying the vehicle, you have to hump it before the sun leaves spots and I'm glad that the Ryobi gets it done.

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Without access to power, Alex, you have probably found one of the ideal battery-powered blowers. Plus, if you are outside drying the vehicle, you have to hump it before the sun leaves spots and I'm glad that the Ryobi gets it done.
I am definitely excited to try it out this weekend. Just been tinkering around with it in my garage so far, definitely agree about the spots with the drying out too fast. I invested in a D I Water system as well, That was an absolute game changer.

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
So I have always been the type to keep my vehicles reasonably clean but getting my Mustang has awakened a much deeper love for keeping my vehicles as clean as possible. Thanks also to @DFB5.0 my obsession has grown :) Over the last few months I have invested in tons of new products and chemicals, and today I added another piece to the arsenal. Gone is the old gas powered leaf blower for drying. Man getting the water off my car will never be faster now. This thing is insane, like a hand held tornado :). Got a stubby nozzle on order for it. Really looking forward to my weekly wash this weekend.

IMG_0678.jpeg
I have had this probelm for many years but it has definitely gotten worse since joining this forum and reading all of DFB's input:crackup: Just received my new EGO blower. Haven't used it yet but it got good reviews on Obsessed Garage. I have a large Luxury Microfiber Sucker towel. It works great but still a lot of effort. I'm hoping this gets most of the car dry and I can finish the small parts with the towel easily. Still a labor of love keeping these stangs looking good.
1687346989752.png

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
I have had this probelm for many years but it has definitely gotten worse since joining this forum and reading all of DFB's input:crackup: Just received my new EGO blower. Haven't used it yet but it got good reviews on Obsessed Garage. I have a large Luxury Microfiber Sucker towel. It works great but still a lot of effort. I'm hoping this gets most of the car dry and I can finish the small parts with the towel easily. Still a labor of love keeping these stangs looking good.
1687346989752.png
That's a nice unit as well, I was thinking about that one.I am heavily invested in the Ryobi architecture already, and I could pick that one up at the local Home Depot. So it was a win win for me.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I use my DeWalt Flexvolt blower on my car too. Works great. Handheld blowers to dry cars are a game changer. I also use it on my driveway after mowing though, lol.

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
1687346989752.png
I use the EGO too. Turbo mode, blasts about 98% of the water off the car. Especially good for moving the bulk of the water off the flat surfaces. Then I just go over the car with a microfiber towel as a final wipe to eliminate any water spots I missed. It's a real time saver. But now my neighbors think I'm officially insane.

Tip #1: When doing the roof, hood, trunk, hold it upside down over your shoulder and wear ear protection. At all times!!
Tip #2: Buy this stubby adapter. Stocky Nozzle for EGO It's like it was designed by EGO. It makes the blower easier to handle and protects from accidental contact with the nozzle. Thank me later.
1687352465559.png

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I use the EGO too. Turbo mode, blasts about 98% of the water off the car. Especially good for moving the bulk of the water off the flat surfaces. Then I just go over the car with a microfiber towel as a final wipe to eliminate any water spots I missed. It's a real time saver. But now my neighbors think I'm officially insane.

Tip #1: When doing the roof, hood, trunk, hold it upside down over your shoulder and wear ear protection. At all times!!
Tip #2: Buy this stubby adapter. Stocky Nozzle for EGO It's like it was designed by EGO. It makes the blower easier to handle and protects from accidental contact with the nozzle. Thank me later.
1687352465559.png
Thanks for the heads up! I have to open the box and make sure it isn't included :crackup:
Been lazy.....when my 06GT was on the road I claybared and polished using Zaino products (multi step) twice a year for 14 years. Everything was done by hand. Now that I have an Active 2.0 pressure washer and the GT/CS is ceramic coated, keeping it clean should be a breeze. I have a neighbor that makes me look normal.....she washes her vehicles any time the sun shines :crackup:

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tha

1687352465559.png
Just ordered the stubby nozzel. Thanks to members like you I will never be able to retire!!!!
:crackup: actually got it for $12 on Amazon...cashed in on credit balance :crackup:

OP
OP
skinnyb

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)

1687352465559.png
The stubby nozzle is much better. That was the first thing I ordered for mine. Definitely will make easier to use and the rubber tip helps protect the paint. I got one from Stubby Nozzle Co.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
I invested in a D I Water system as well, That was an absolute game changer.
Skinny: I am going to guess that you don't have whole house water softening or, you do and your water is excessively hard and the system can't bring it down far enough. So, your new DI is REALLY reducing the water spots. That pesky little problem is ALL about water hardness as it's the minerals in the water that are spotting the vehicle.

We have ridiculously hard water here (1000-1500ppm) and I put in a system about fifteen years ago that drops hardness down to about 400-500ppm. Because of this, I too added a DI rig, the CR Spotless, and love it. That wonderful little set of tanks dropped me down to where I can actually leave a wet vehicle out in the sun (like my pickup or the wife's vehicle, not the 500,) I tested it after I got the CR Spotless and I was amazed very, very few spots. Definitely a useful piece of kit.

I also use it on my driveway after mowing though, lol.
Yes, a leaf blower will absolutely do a good job with two caveats. One, the air isn't heated and two, there's no filter so if you get the intake near the garage floor or lawn and suck up some debris, you could pretty easily put a chip in the paint. Granted, not likely but something to think about.
Sponsored