Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
That's bizarre. Please keep us updated.
Called the dealer yesterday, and since I'm already scheduled to have the car serviced on Wednesday, they're gonna take a look at the door too. I'll post an update when I get the car back.

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Called the dealer yesterday, and since I'm already scheduled to have the car serviced on Wednesday, they're gonna take a look at the door too. I'll post an update when I get the car back.
Good luck!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
But then you should be able to handle minor things yourself than running to a dealer and having them wipe your arse for you.
More like I would NEVER let a dealership get near my car with a buffer.

Those orbitals they have at most dealers (even some of the stronger DAs) can do more damage than good and they do a sloppy job 99% of the time not using good light and leave more fine scratches than good done.

I would MUCH rather try to fix it myself first; can't do much damage with a little clay bar and polishing on it.

FYI acids/acidic substances etch. Minerals i water spots can etch. Grease wont- it's a fat. If it stained the clear try the acetone stated on the last page; TEHN try a quick polish. If neither works it's not grease pencil

Nylesw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06' Ram 1500 5.7, Mustang GT premium 17' Silver
I would do myself as well two or three step da job

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
I notice you Mustang is a 2015. When was it made? The reason I ask is because... remember when they first started production and cars were being held back for different issues?

At first glance it looks like the writing says "Orange Peel" to me. Maybe this happened during production after painting at the factory? Just a thought!

Never the less, that doesn't fix the issue for you. Sorry I don't have a fix for you. Sounds like you've already got some good ideas though. Good luck! That would bug the shit out of me.

OP
OP
Diego Narwhal

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
I notice you Mustang is a 2015. When was it made? The reason I ask is because... remember when they first started production and cars were being held back for different issues?

At first glance it looks like the writing says "Orange Peel" to me. Maybe this happened during production after painting at the factory? Just a thought!

Never the less, that doesn't fix the issue for you. Sorry I don't have a fix for you. Sounds like you've already got some good ideas though. Good luck! That would bug the shit out of me.
You're right. It actually says "Orange Peel Inspection" as well as something else that's illegible. I had it in a couple months ago to have a spot on the door polished. It had a weird spot in the clear coat - it wasn't exactly orange peel - just an area where there was no gloss to speak of. It looked great for a couple months, then this appeared...

OP
OP
Diego Narwhal

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
Got the car back today. Body shop guy said he thought the problem was caused because they didn't quite get all the grease pencil off the paint when it was polished before, and that the chemicals in the grease has started to oxidize and become visible. They degreased the shit out of it and polished it up again. Looks as good as new.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got the car back today. Body shop guy said he thought the problem was caused because they didn't quite get all the grease pencil off the paint when it was polished before, and that the chemicals in the grease has started to oxidize and become visible. They degreased the shit out of it and polished it up again. Looks as good as new.
I know I'm late to the party, Diego Narwhal, but I'm glad to learn this was taken care of for you. :thumbsup:

Deysha

OP
OP
Diego Narwhal

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
Thanks Deysha! The folks at Phil Long Ford have always taken good care of me. :ford:

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks Deysha! The folks at Phil Long Ford have always taken good care of me. :ford:
That is great! Love to hear positive things about Ford Dealers, Diego Narwhal!! Let me know if you want to get this documented as well.

Deysha
Sponsored