Sponsored

I hate people who think they are special

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I sympathize with you in the sense that I’d almost rather have my car totaled than get a door nick, so I get it.

But I will say that unless you are a guy who is obviously such a bad ass that nobody will ever fool with you, then you made a bad mistake confronting the guy in front of his friends and family. Right or wrong, here in the Deep South you run the strong risk of having your behind handed to you for pulling something like that. Or worse. One only has to have this happen once to learn this lesson so I’d guess it hasn’t happened to you yet. You were lucky.

Empty parking lot notwithstanding, I’d still park a mile away and take a shuttle bus into the establishment. If I’ve learned anything over the years it’s that you’ll never go broke betting on the stupidity of the average person.

By the way, that hundo might buy you a vial of touch up paint. Maybe.
Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Me parked at the gym. I try to stay away. But my car must be magnetic. :crazy:
20190824_103148.jpg

I am at the back of the lot. The pic doesn't show how empty and large the lot is.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
That sucks.

You can always get touch up paint from the dealership which is like $30-$40 bucks and touch it up yourself. I've done it before and it looks fine. Not perfect of course but looks way better.

Deleted member 35644

Me parked at the gym. I try to stay away. But my car must be magnetic. :crazy:
20190824_103148.jpg

I am at the back of the lot. The pic doesn't show how empty and large the lot is.
Dude, you gotta get far enough away that the fatties won't want to make the hike. Get that car WAAAYYYYY back in that corner with a curb on one side.
People piss me off so bad. NO reason for that.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
I was lucky last week traveling that most hotels were not busy. Still, I park in the back 40. Got lucky on the last stay that an end spot was available next to a company owned and decaled van. I took pictures just in case but no one traveling on business wants to explain damaging a sports car to their boss.

mb5.jpg

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Like most, I try to pick my parking spots. I've learned to park next to the nicest car / truck in the lot. Odds are they care about their vehicle as much as I do. Never had an issue doing it this way.

In my covered parking garage I use for work (no reserved spots) I back into a corner space. Metal railing / concrete wall on one side and I get SUPER close that wall (passenger side of course), normally leaving 3 feet between the driver's side of my car and the yellow line of the parking space.

I've noticed it's always one of three cars that are parked next to me when I go to leave (I come in early) and they are all higher-priced, newer vehicles.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
But I will say that unless you are a guy who is obviously such a bad ass that nobody will ever fool with you, then you made a bad mistake confronting the guy in front of his friends and family. Right or wrong, here in the Deep South you run the strong risk of having your behind handed to you for pulling something like that.
Military, I've had my ass kicked and have kicked some...

Sponsored

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
It's a balancing act. Park too close and everyone is next to you. Park too far and you have one or two a**holes park right next to you. I believe these are the same people that switch lanes to intentionally slow others down.

That really sucks, OP. Good job on not decking the guy. His face would heal, your car won't.

I had a camaro, of all things, park next to me once. I didn't think anything of it because nice car but then THUD. I looked over with a clear "wtf" look and he just waved. I got out, we argued, and during his literal flailing he hit my car again with his watch (accidental but not excusable). Things escalated pretty quick on my end... people came running over to stop it. Good times. I hate people...

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I was lucky last week traveling that most hotels were not busy. Still, I park in the back 40. Got lucky on the last stay that an end spot was available next to a company owned and decaled van. I took pictures just in case but no one traveling on business wants to explain damaging a sports car to their boss.

mb5.jpg
So, of course, some idiot has to park right next to you. :cwl::crackup:

86CE1A4C-49FD-4ECE-AB1B-D719939D714F.jpeg

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
Sorry that happened Dan. Some people just don’t give a shit. Get yourself a kit from Dr. Colorchip. By the time you finish it you will not see it.
I agree. I use dr colorchip

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
Military, I've had my ass kicked and have kicked some...
I just wanna say that when ppl do wrong they need to be confronted, especially disrespecting you or your property. We can't live our lives in a shell and keep quite about how bad ppl treat us or our property. I get it, there's some crazy ass ppl that are packing or will stalk you but you can't just let ppl get away with stuff. No ones special. You can always confront the person in a calm manner but if they wanna act like a B then you handle it the best way you can.

Respect goes a long way.
Sponsored