I hate people who think they are special

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I went to a restaurant today off hours. The parking lot was empty. I parked and went to eat. As I was leaving a party of 4 entered. When I got outside I see this silver POS parked 2 feet from my drivers door. So I looked for chips in my paint. Sure enough my door handle has a chip out of it, no note on my windshield.

I saw red. Went inside and confronted the inconsiderate a hole. He didn't admit to anyone opening the door and hitting my car but didn't deny it either. I gave hin 2 choices I call the police and file an insurance claim or he gives me 100 dollars. He gave up the cash quick.

I don't know if 100 will fix this or not.

His excuse for parking so close to me was a PU was in the other spot and crowding the line. I looked out the window and said What about the 300 other spots you could park.

I was not in the very front either, there were plenty of spaces closer to the door.

Water spots are due to wet roads.
chip.jpg
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s messed up. Not sure how you feel about door handle covers, but they make them in gloss black and carbon fiber. Pricing ranges from $25-$55.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
That is messed up. I hate that shit as much as the next guy. My only thing is in my opinion you didn’t park far enough away. I will walk a mile to a front door to get away from everybody. There are always POS that will do that. I don’t get it but I feel for you. Hope everything turns out good.

treborwd22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special Oxford White
Sadly calling the police would have solved nothing. It happened on private property and I'm quite sure your deductible is more than the cost to repair that scratch. No offense but I also think the title of your post is kind of hypocritical. I get it we all love our cars but it's not like you own the parking lot either. Yeah it sucks that happened, but that's a risk we take every day.
I also think forcing someone to hand you $100 who didn't admit to scratching your car and you not being able to prove it gives mustang owners a bad name. I'm surprised the guy didn't call the cops on you for threatening and bullying him.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I didn't force anything there was black paint on the passenger rear door of his car.

His insurance would have paid not mine.

If I open my door Into another car and cause damage I will leave contact Information on the car.

Instead of doing the right thing he thought he could get away with it.

I am really surprised he didn't move to another parking space.

Sponsored

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Actually there were 2 spots on my car where his car's door hit mine. Only one caused damage. My grand daughter saw where his front door hit my front fender, I saw where his rear door hit my drivers door handle.

Placing myself in his spot, and I knew I did not hit his car I would have gone with the police option.

But I made sure I was correct, by finding my cars paint on his rear door, before I confronted him.

Yes I wanted to punch his lights out, but he was like a submissive dog.

Still think I should have gone the insurance rout.

DonnieO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt cs
I hate that for you dude! I seriously dislike people who don't respect someone's car and park close. I always park away from people. Some asshole always parks next to me. Usually it's a pos car or a fucking truck.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm special, my mum told me so ... :cwl:

Anyhow, back on topic - I feel for you, its very frustrating that something you take pride in gets damaged by someone else :explode: Hope you get it sorted OK and within budget :like:

On another note, I am a little 'amused' at your 2 foot gap.

One of the reasons I don't daily the mustang is the width of the parking spaces over here in the UK :frown:

The current 'standard' is 2.4 meters ('many' i.e. most, are a lot smaller) and the Mustang is 1.92 meters wide, so even with perfectly central packing (which is rarely seen), two mustangs would only have a 19" gap.

Then another issue is the length - 4.8 meters 'standard' v the mustang at 4.8 ... My car overhangs the bays at work by quite a margin.

Then there are the narrow aisles.

We only have parallel bays, not the herringbone (if that's what you call it) style that I have frequently seen in the states.

Big car + small parallel bays + narrow aisles + poor turning circle (+ crap drivers lol) is not a good recipe for most UK public parking :frown:

WD :like:

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Really sucks that that happened to your car. Like a few others have said I will also literally park as far away as possible everywhere I go in my car. I will seek out the spots on the end of a row so that there is only a spot on one side of the car - OP - I'm sure you know all this already but this post is a good reminder for all of us...

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
On another note, I am a little 'amused' at your 2 foot gap.
I wish every parking lot was like Costco.....

I know it's just a car but I take care of it. What really frosted me is he didn't take responsibility for his passengers (kid) mistake. If I dinged his car I would have left a note or looked for him in the restaurant.

I was not able to open the door far enough for me to get in my car. I had to get in from the passenger side.

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Unfortunately, this is why I never drive any vehicle that I care about to any destination where it will sit in a parking lot....

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Me parked at work :

1620821375899.jpeg

And if the car park was bigger, I would still be in the far corner … lol

OK, we are home-working at the moment hence the lack of cars and me taking two spaces, but look how much it sticks out of its spot. Even if I drove it into the hedge (which most people do) it would still overhang … !

Look at the width of the spot the Passat is in and if it wasn’t an end spot and he had parked central rather than right over to the side, imagine the door gap we get … :frown:

WD :like:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
That is messed up. I hate that shit as much as the next guy. My only thing is in my opinion you didn’t park far enough away. I will walk a mile to a front door to get away from everybody. There are always POS that will do that. I don’t get it but I feel for you. Hope everything turns out good.
You know you can park in the middle of a plowed field in the middle of now where and within minutes some idiot will come park right next to your car. YOU CANNOT DRIVE FAR ENOUGH AWAY, TO GET AWAY FROM STUPID, inconsiderate, POS people. Just Saying

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Damn fuckwit. Sorry that happened to you. Sounds like you handled it really well. Perhaps the kid learnt a lesson too, about taking responsibility for damage you do.

Same thing happened to me a month or two ago, except I unfortunately don't know who did it. Left my car parked for a couple of hours at a parking place not specific to any particular shop, came back to see my door handle messed up. What saved me was this though:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-Door-Edge-Guard-3MS-84901/dp/B0017MGPLS

Had it on the car for over a year now and not sure if it's helped me or not until the incident above. The incident above tore through the 3M film, so I expected to see a badly damaged door handle when I got home and took of the film, but was pleasantly surprised to see the door handle was still pristine.

Above roll is enough to apply to the door frames (which is mostly for protection yourself against your own mistakes of opening the door into something), door handles, and still have plenty left. I think I'm going to apply it the lower part of the doors too now. That narrow area where the door flares out a bit, and which is probably the first area hit in some cases.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Sorry that happened Dan. Some people just don’t give a shit. Get yourself a kit from Dr. Colorchip. By the time you finish it you will not see it.
Sponsored