Well the way I wrote it is not a video.

I was polite.
Sponsored

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The problem with a lot of spots I have to park is the further away I park from where I am going, the closer I am to another business I am not going. But I still find the most open area and park where nobody else would bother. Plus when at the grocery store or Walmart, I always try to park at the highest point in the lot. Runaway carts don't go uphill too well and the lazy idiots around here never put them in the racks.

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
I always park far away, try for an end spot, you know, the usual. It almost backfired one day, though. I was at one of the new styled shopping districts (?) here- you know, a couple of higher end big box stores , with boutique shops and restaurants set in separate little squares, landscaping, etc. Very nice. So I parked at one of the smaller lots , end of the row by a little island of trees. As I'm walking toward the store, I heard some tires squealing. Back in that almost empty lot where my car was parked, a couple of guys were trying to do donuts....šŸ˜±šŸ˜±:curse:

007evan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
evan
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang GT 2019 VW Jetta GLI
sorry to see that. most people dont care. i dont take my mustang out to the shopping malls or the dinner spots. After living in nyc for many years you just get used to shit boxes parking and hitting your bumper covers. Never brought a nice car into the city for that reasion. Now i used the car drive it down some back roads and bring it home. People just dont respect other peoples cars.

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
Pretty simple. Take a picture/video immediately before he can move his car. Tell him Iā€™m calling the cops because he hit my car. Call the cops.

Balls in his court now. Drive away? Fine I have pics and/or video. Stay and both tell our side to the cops, thatā€™s fine too. Let the system work. I donā€™t care what my deductible is, heā€™ll be the one paying.

If he offers to settle on the spot, great. Hopefully I get that on video as itā€™s an admission of guilt. Maybe I accept a cash offer, maybe not.

I wouldnā€™t demand cash though.

Lately Iā€™ve gotten in a habit of turning my video on if thereā€™s any hint of trouble. Slip the phone in a breast pocket with the camera out and presto I have a body cam.

Sponsored

Jerrycobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
when I got my daily brand new, not even a week of owning it a careless mom parked next to my car. seeing the condition of that car I knew it was trouble. I was still in the car waiting for someone when she just lets the door fly. it hit hard enough that I was able to hear the kids gasp with my windows closed. luckily it did not do any visible damage.

I got my mustang preowned last year so it already had some dings and scratches. Since it already has battle scars I don't loose my shit over a small ding, but if I got it brand new it would be a different story. Judging from the edge of the door I feel like the previous owner definitely hits a few doors.

Lastly when I had a older beater I would park next to nice cars because I wanted to "shield" them from idiots, haha.

Lastly if I had to park on a tight space I would put my hand on the door edge to shield it from hitting paint to paint. The worse I would do if I had to is open the door and rest it on the other car VERY slowly, making sure I have my body weight out so the car rising does not chafe.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Demand? I didn't demand anything. He didn't want to do insurance so I Then said "Well how about a hundred bucks then" His response was "OK" and he opened his wallet.

He ended up doing the right thing.

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Demand? I didn't demand anything. He didn't want to do insurance so I Then said "Well how about a hundred bucks then" His response was "OK" and he opened his wallet.

He ended up doing the right thing.
So what if you did? You would have every right to demand to be compensated for his negligence.

People are too soft nowadays.

OP
OP
K4fxd

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I keep reading demand and it sounds like i threatened the guy with bodily harm.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I keep reading demand and it sounds like i threatened the guy with bodily harm.
There a big difference between confront and demand vs. request and receive. You did the latter and it worked out well for. Thatā€™s all that matters. Maybe the next time the other guy will think to leave a note. Because next time he might not get so lucky.

Sponsored

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
I am sorry that this happened to you. It looks like you have a shadow black? The touch up paint for shadow black matches my 19 shadow black perfectly.

I have quite a few paint chips and my passenger side handle has paint chipped off as well but not as large as yours.

I have been putting microscopic dots of paint to fill in the chip/scrape. I've done one coat a day everyday (except when it rains). I've done 5-7 coats and now the chip and scrapes are filled with dry paint where the paint is convex, not sunken into the chip. I am going to let it get hard for a week, and then use the finest sandpaper I can get my hands on (forgot the grit), but use scotch double sided tape to tape tiny sandpaper dots to end of a new #2 pencil eraser. Carefully file the dots down to level of paint, and then just a tad around the edges, then apply the included clear, about 2-3 times over 2-days, wait another week to harden, then use same sandpaper technique to feather down the clearcoat, then use rubbing compound.

I did this to my 15 ingot silver and even the body shop guy missed it first until I told him. In my 17 platinum white, the paint didn't match so it didn't work well, but again, I am very happy with the color match on the shadow black.

I didn"t take any photos, but I will go try to take photos of the "paint filled chips", and in a week or two when I finally finish, I will also try to post after photos.

There were also some huge 2-4mm diameter chips on the leading edge of my roof just at the top where it meets the windshield. I have been filling them for past 6 days, and it still looks sunken (below factory paint depth). I will probably add a few more dots of paint.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
man.. just had a "special person" moment tonight. The car meets have been getting hit by cops etc and shut down.

I showed up to a meet, and when I got there, everyone was dipping out to next location. I dont have Facebook or snapchat etc. and they all secretive like everyones undercover when there's like 100 people going.

Theres a lowered Volkswagen bug next to me, 2 people inside, I asked, hey do you guys have the next address? the passenger said yeah! hold on let me get it, then the driver looks at him and nods "no" shaking his head, and passenger said sorry.. cant give it to you.

ok. lame, dude was a dick.

there's 4 more cars next to them, and these are a real set of winners, all dodge chargers/etc. smoking pot and looking raggedy, whatever makes them happy. I get out and ask, do you guys have the next location? I said I dont have fb/snap and he said "you a cop"? I said no. "you look like one" I said, ok?

he said you smoke? come hit this joint. I said sorry dude, I dont smoke, or drink. he said yeah you a cop. you not getting the address, verbatim.

I said im just not a fucking loser, I learned in school drugs are bad and you are a fucking douche. So I followed the 4 cars when they left, guess what? they split 2 and 2, so I followed 2. then those guys pull into Walmart parking lot, floor it 100mph to other side and took off.

im not doing all that effort to go to the next meet, but the meets are interesting. but seriously, bunch of douchebags. yeah, me in my blue mustang, a cop just because I dont do a drug and actually look presentable and dont smell like shit.

/end rant.

pyrophilus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ShadowBlack GT Premium401a, PP1, ActiveExhaust
man.. just had a "special person" moment tonight. The car meets have been getting hit by cops etc and shut down.

I showed up to a meet, and when I got there, everyone was dipping out to next location. I dont have Facebook or snapchat etc. and they all secretive like everyones undercover when there's like 100 people going.

Theres a lowered Volkswagen bug next to me, 2 people inside, I asked, hey do you guys have the next address? the passenger said yeah! hold on let me get it, then the driver looks at him and nods "no" shaking his head, and passenger said sorry.. cant give it to you.

ok. lame, dude was a dick.

there's 4 more cars next to them, and these are a real set of winners, all dodge chargers/etc. smoking pot and looking raggedy, whatever makes them happy. I get out and ask, do you guys have the next location? I said I dont have fb/snap and he said "you a cop"? I said no. "you look like one" I said, ok?

he said you smoke? come hit this joint. I said sorry dude, I dont smoke, or drink. he said yeah you a cop. you not getting the address, verbatim.

I said im just not a fucking loser, I learned in school drugs are bad and you are a fucking douche. So I followed the 4 cars when they left, guess what? they split 2 and 2, so I followed 2. then those guys pull into Walmart parking lot, floor it 100mph to other side and took off.

im not doing all that effort to go to the next meet, but the meets are interesting. but seriously, bunch of douchebags. yeah, me in my blue mustang, a cop just because I dont do a drug and actually look presentable and dont smell like shit.

/end rant.
Let it all out.

This a good place to rant, or put down a flow of consciousness.

That being said, that sucks. If that's how they act, then you were probably better off not going to the next spot. Also that sounds like the cars were secondary to them meeting, whereas for you (and me and for many here), the cars were the primary.

My wife says me and my mustang seems to bring out the best in others (shevmeans with sarcasm). I've had so many people rev their engines next to me at red lights and then try to peel off in their cars(civics with fart cans, brand new Altimas, WRX's, new and old 3&5 series, and new and old audi A4's).

Also, what's the deal with the new Camry's? I see a few of them with some body kits. Looks like it's actual factory and. Ot aftermarket, but so far, all two of them have gotten really aggressive on the highway and then have to try to "put me in my place". Does this actually have an enhanced engine or is it one of them factory Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement?
Sponsored