Sponsored

I got a new job, now wife wants me to get rid of the Mustang....

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Only 317??

(j/k :D)
Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
any car with (EB) 317 hp and (GT) 417 hp is a freeking sports car ! WTF else would would you call it ? besides..... fast.
Power alone does not a sports car make.

Otherwise, hemi Road Runners from the late 1960's would qualify as sports cars . . . something that they absolutely were NOT. And none of Mazda's MX5's/Miatas at under 200 HP would meet your requirement, but they absolutely are sports cars.

Norm

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
any car with (EB) 317 hp and (GT) 417 hp is a freeking sports car ! WTF else would would you call it ? besides..... fast. :ford:
A Rolls-Royce is a sports car?

16 GT MM/Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KIA Stinger GT AWD
There's a back seat? Holy Jesus am I dumb!
Yes and No.

Yes, Jesus Christ Our Lord is Holy.

No, you are not dumb. We all need reminders once in a while.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Ain't this the truth. We just experienced this with my nephew's Audi. I do believe it's a 2003 A4. It turned into a Subaru last week.
This is why I got rid of my A6 @ 100,000 miles. Every few months was $500-$1,000 repairs.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
OP of this thread decides not to get rid of Mustang against wife's wishes, she gets pissed and the results as seen below happen:
0530NE-Rockwellfatal-SP01-622x387.jpg

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Eh, you're just looking in the wrong places ;)

Besides, some men are guilty of what you describe, too. And, sadly, sometimes someone DOES have to have control over the household finances.

Once upon a time I was married to someone else, had a high-paying career and was the main breadwinner. He had trouble keeping a couple jobs but I didn't think much of it; sometimes they can be a poor match. But I could support us while he looked for another, and sometimes that took weeks. (It was not easy; we had just moved from the east coast to the west coast and the cost of living is stupid ridiculous here)

I cosigned on the white Firebird he wanted (I admit it was a nice car :D). I considered both incomes as one, "our money". I divvied us out the same weekly allowance. He liked to go out for lunch; mostly this would consist of runs to the convenience store (yuck, but whatevs). When he ran out of money early (WAY early) I would share my allowance.

After awhile I had to ask why this was continuing to occur. He could not explain why he could not stretch out 60-70 bucks per work week for "lunch" and gas to get to and from a reasonably local job. So yes, I stopped sharing my allowance and he was not to use the ATM. I did not enjoy telling him how to spend or not spend what he helped earn. In fact I felt like total shit.

Day before the long Thanksgiving weekend started he announced he was going camping. WTF? We had an argument and he left. He was gone for 3 days and was completely unreachable. In the meantime, a strange (very strange) woman called me, looking for him...Oh, she thought we had broken up. Really. :tsk:

When he finally returned, I said it's over and all of his belongings were out on the balcony. He said he will miss "our nice TV and stuff"! He drove back home cross-country to his Mommy in the Firebird, on which he missed payments and eventually stopped paying for altogether. When I was notified by the bank of this distressing news, I sent them a copy of the dissolution papers with a letter stating I hadn't seen this idiot in over a year. They thankfully relieved my financial responsibility for the car and my excellent credit remained intact.

I am all for supporting my spouse's hobbies, but meth is not a hobby. Still kicking myself almost 2 decades later for ignoring the red flags.

Anyhoo...hope you enjoyed today's episode of "As the Stomach Churns". :lol:

(I never gave up on marriage, though. Like someone else said, it worked on the second try :))
Your first husband is much like one example character in the book The Sociopath Next Door.

Sponsored

PatrickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
any car with (EB) 317 hp and (GT) 417 hp is a freeking sports car ! WTF else would would you call it ? besides..... fast. :ford:
I mean I wouldn't call it fast, but... I'd call it a performance car possibly, muscle car, grand touring car, etc... but I wouldn't call it a sports car, because it simply isn't one, nor will it become one.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Your first husband is much like one example character in the book The Sociopath Next Door.
Maybe it was written by my neighbor? :shrug:

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium convertible
Your guess would be wrong, just not whipped. Anyone that pretends they can control me or make decisions for me won't be someone I would spend my life with in the first place, that kind of behavior is appalling to me.
I understand and if you find a mate who shares that attitude, power to you. If not, and you don't find out until after you say "I do", you can still have that attitude, but likely with only 30-50% of what used to be your stuff!:doh:

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'll be damned if my girl ever tells me how to spend my money.. I wouldn't presume to tell her how to spend her money either.

But hey, you married her, I'm sure this isn't the first time something like this came up..

Good luck, worst case scenario pull a Sopranos move and consult with every divorce lawyer in your area so non of them can take her on as a client Lol. (dunno if that's true.. but whatever.)
when you said "I do", it became "your money", at least in most states!

WindveilNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)