Sponsored

I got a new job, now wife wants me to get rid of the Mustang....

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Pretty sure the s4 responds great to a tune.

I would love a S3. Get an apr tune for it and you have a little rocket. That said, just cannot justify the cost of the S3 (I'm in Canada), and not sure how'd I'd feel owning it out of warranty - which of course the powertrain warranty is risked as soon as you tune.
Sponsored

ravengenesis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rai
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Oxford White
lol...who knew this would get so much play.

Yes. She drives the EX SPORT. I drive the Mustang. (she does too)

She just thinks the car is too small. Period. It was more tongue and cheek then anything. I am so not *****whipped.
S4 isn't bigger than a mustang, besides some rear seats. Unless you have infants you won't really realize the utility, especially when you have a SUV.

50/50

it all goes into the same account. we have been married 21 years. so it is all good.
50/50 is terrible. I'm used to be a banker and I send hours educating people to split their money in their own account and then contribute to a "household" account. This way, whenever there's money issues, one doesn't drag the other into the gutter. Also if one gets into legal trouble, the law allows ALL the assets to be swallowed up, so joint accounts harms 2 when they're intended for 1.

We have our own checking accounts for whatever we want to get, but we have a joint savings to dump into. But our expenses for things we want will never mix with the savings. I get 2~3 Amazon boxes at the door everyday, but I know our bills are covered so I have no reason to complain. On the contrary, I love photography and I get the gear I want regardless of price (sometimes way too steep).

BiloxiFun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
S4 isn't bigger than a mustang, besides some rear seats. Unless you have infants you won't really realize the utility, especially when you have a SUV.

50/50 is terrible. I'm used to be a banker and I send hours educating people to split their money in their own account and then contribute to a "household" account. This way, whenever there's money issues, one doesn't drag the other into the gutter. Also if one gets into legal trouble, the law allows ALL the assets to be swallowed up, so joint accounts harms 2 when they're intended for 1.

We have our own checking accounts for whatever we want to get, but we have a joint savings to dump into. But our expenses for things we want will never mix with the savings. I get 2~3 Amazon boxes at the door everyday, but I know our bills are covered so I have no reason to complain. On the contrary, I love photography and I get the gear I want regardless of price (sometimes way too steep).
This. As long as bills are paid, money is saved for rainy day, retirements are being maxed, and money is set aside for vacation.... the rest is your money. You earned it.

I am a stickler about retirement. I want to be old with quick cars.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP

First and foremost, everyone needs to do whatever works for them and their partner because it's their marriage, but what I put in bold is a bad marriage, not marriage in general. I'll be married for 7 years next week and we've always shared 100% of everything and it works for us, that's our partnership. We don't need to split the bills and hoard the rest of our money. That's not a dig at people who do, like I said it's their marriage, but the idea that sharing everything is asking for trouble is silly.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
I bought a chainsaw years ago. My wife came home and ask what it cost, I told her $160. She goes out and buys $160 worth of shoes. I go get the chainsaw, crank it and start walking towards her. She never has bothered me about money since then.

The funny part, our Black Lab puppy ate her favorite red high heel shoes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
we have been married 21 years. We have been down to last dollar broke, and we have been comfortable, then a little in between over the years.

I have made more money then her, she has made more then me. We dont track it.

3 accounts. Bill Pay, Savings, and fun account. Money gets split up automatically. I honestly dont see each other paycheck. We are so beyond that.

We both talk and agree what the fun account gets spent on. Life is too short to argue about money.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
First and foremost, everyone needs to do whatever works for them and their partner because it's their marriage, but what I put in bold is a bad marriage, not marriage in general. I'll be married for 7 years next week and we've always shared 100% of everything and it works for us, that's our partnership. We don't need to split the bills and hoard the rest of our money. That's not a dig at people who do, like I said it's their marriage, but the idea that sharing everything is asking for trouble is silly.
Agreed. One downside though is buying presents - all the money comes the same place, so even when my wife buys me something, it still feels like I'm paying for it. And vice versa. :)

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I bought a chainsaw years ago. My wife came home and ask what it cost, I told her $160. She goes out and buys $160 worth of shoes.
That is something neither of us have ever done. That does not seam healthy.

OP
OP
GoBlues38

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. One downside though is buying presents - all the money comes the same place, :)
True this. We dont buy each other christmas or birthday presents. Because of this. We end up just saying...I want "x" and it is my birthday present.

2 months ago, I bought a new 6 foot rolling tool box. We agreed it was my "fathers day gift"

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
True this. We dont buy each other christmas or birthday presents. Because of this. We end up just saying...I want "x" and it is my birthday present.

2 months ago, I bought a new 6 foot rolling tool box. We agreed it was my "fathers day gift"
We've done similar for sure.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Man before i married my wife i told her never ever to tell me something or anything about my cars and she was fine with it. Now days she loves my cars and has never ever told me anything about them

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I just traded in my wife's jacked up '08 H2 for an '06 mustang GT convertible. She's coming around since we're adding mods together, but she still pretty mad at me.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I bought a chainsaw years ago. My wife came home and ask what it cost, I told her $160. She goes out and buys $160 worth of shoes. I go get the chainsaw, crank it and start walking towards her. She never has bothered me about money since then.

The funny part, our Black Lab puppy ate her favorite red high heel shoes.
Like I said, it never happened again.....:thumbsup:
Yeah, you are trolling.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red